Diablo® III

5 stack should apply to chests

So I'm loving all these rares from the elites. I'm like "OOH AN ELITE!" then I get a shiny reward for killing it.

Then I see one of these "Resplendent Chest" things. They're shiny and have a cool name. But do I care? No. They only drop blues no matter what.

I open several chests if I clear most of an act, but none of them matter to me. This is a problem. They should drop a guaranteed rare if you have 5 stacks.

To make them even more exciting, I also suggest giving them a chance to drop a legendary if you have 5 stacks. Say like 5% legendary/95% rare. Now that would be exciting.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Considering this patch just changed it so NV (along with all other magic find) doesn't affect chests, I find this very unlikely to happen.
06/19/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Khristophoro
Say like 5% legendary/95% rare.

Also, that's faaaaar too high of a drop rate for legendaries.
Reply Quote
The chest/MF nerf was targeted solely at resplendent chest campers who never actually fought anything.

The basic "1 guaranteed rare at 5nv" seems reasonable enough. Goblins seem to have that, though could just've been luck.
Reply Quote
Considering this patch just changed it so NV (along with all other magic find) doesn't affect chests, I find this very unlikely to happen.
Say like 5% legendary/95% rare.

Also, that's faaaaar too high of a drop rate for legendaries.

The change was targeted at people using MF gear to do chest runs. The fact that NV gives you MF is irrelevant.

If you have to kill elites to get your rewards you're playing legit. There is no problem with my idea.

Yes the legendary rate suggested could be too high but it's just a concept.
Edited by Khristophoro#1862 on 6/19/2012 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
99% of the rares that fall are crap anyway. I don't see why they had to take that away from chests.
Reply Quote
The change was targeted at people using MF gear to do chest runs. The fact that NV gives you MF is irrelevant.

Except it's not, because they seem to have made it pretty clear that anything that isn't a rare/elite/chapter boss is not an intended way to get loot/gold/fun.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I just don't think it's gonna happen. I'm a bit of a pessimist.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Sakana

Except it's not, because they seem to have made it pretty clear that anything that isn't a rare/elite/chapter boss is not an intended way to get loot/gold/fun.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I just don't think it's gonna happen. I'm a bit of a pessimist.

I'd like to see a quote that explicitly says that.

I'm pretty sure they're just against people avoiding combat to farm.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Chest farming was the "THING" now that its just random without the effect of magic find no one really cares to even bother. Magic Find has become another useless stats in the game piled up with other stats (Gold pick up Radius) ??? WTF.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Triton
Chest farming was the "THING" now that its just random without the effect of magic find no one really cares to even bother. Magic Find has become another useless stats in the game piled up with other stats (Gold pick up Radius) ??? WTF.

Yeah well honestly MF isn't a great design idea. I wish they just left it in D2 where it belongs.
Reply Quote
My suggestion is to simply have the bonus MF from NV apply to chests. Demanding an automatic rare is absurd, but I feel like asking to have the 75% bonus we get from a 5-stack of NV apply to chests seems fair, considering it shows that players are playing the content and not skipping around to reachable chests with combat avoidance. Even a 15% bonus from a single stack of NV would be nice.

It's a damn far sight better than going back to the Normal Act I Tristram Road looting where you squee with joy at just finding a single blue.
Reply Quote
My suggestion is to simply have the bonus MF from NV apply to chests. Demanding an automatic rare is absurd, but I feel like asking to have the 75% bonus we get from a 5-stack of NV apply to chests seems fair, considering it shows that players are playing the content and not skipping around to reachable chests with combat avoidance. Even a 15% bonus from a single stack of NV would be nice.

It's a damn far sight better than going back to the Normal Act I Tristram Road looting where you squee with joy at just finding a single blue.

How is it absurd to ask for like 2-4 additional rares on a full act clear? They'll probably be trash anyway.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I'd like to see 5 stack NV affect chests as well.

Also, all champs and big bosses should drop an amount of gold when you kill them with 5 stacks. That way people can actually afford repair costs.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see 5 stack NV affect chests as well.

Also, all champs and big bosses should drop an amount of gold when you kill them with 5 stacks. That way people can actually afford repair costs.

I think that would cause a problem where people who aren't dying would rake in hilarious amounts of gold, so relative to them, the people who die a lot while farming would be back at square one.

I think the way to go is clear out low risk areas like act 1 or act 2 depending on your gear, then move on to act 3 or 4 when you have better gear. Now that the best items can drop in any act of inferno, it's just a question of risk and speed.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]