Diablo® III

I just had my first certain-death experience

... and I lived. I've never felt so great playing a video game. I ran into a frozen arcane enchanted mob group in A3 Nightmare in the Arreat Crater on my Barbarian and ran with a flashing red screen for a good minute to escape. And I killed those mother-!@#$ers after I came back, but not without a good fight. This has probably been the most rewarding experience I've ever had in a video game. And, to make things better, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9rewnLFYw ("I Can't Stop") came on right after I survived that terrifying encounter. What a coincidence, this should be the song for any hardcore player.
Reply Quote
Its not a certain-death experience if you didn't die from it.

But yeah, that adrenaline rush you get isn't found in many games these days. Glad you enjoy it.
Reply Quote
sorry, i meant I thought I'd die.
Reply Quote
Nice story, grats on surviving. And now you're permanently addicted to HC.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Savior
Nice story, grats on surviving. And now you're permanently addicted to HC.

yeah, there's no way im going back to softcore after this. and it's only going to get more intense
Reply Quote
Cool beans and grats on staying cool enough under fire to win the battle. :)
Reply Quote
And this is why we are addicted to HC !

Atleast we are not whining about death repair costs in the new patch hahaha:D

I had a near death scenario myself yesterday, to a elite pack of invounrable minions, waller, horde. Didnt pay 100% as my neighboor started his harley, so I didnt see the invounrable minions affix before it was to late and then... Them walls....

Happy hunting!
Reply Quote
And this is why we are addicted to HC !

Atleast we are not whining about death repair costs in the new patch hahaha:D

I had a near death scenario myself yesterday, to a elite pack of invounrable minions, waller, horde. Didnt pay 100% as my neighboor started his harley, so I didnt see the invounrable minions affix before it was to late and then... Them walls....

Happy hunting!

The current top thread over on SC side is people wanting repairs costs lowered again. I lol'd. o.o
Reply Quote
Best experience I've had was pretty similar, and ya it completely gets you addicted to HC.

Act I NM, got jumped by elite mobs and had red health for a while...I'd run but they kept pulling me back into them. i'd be able to barely get off blind, and continue running. Ended up cornering myself with no escape, so I bottle necked them in a doorway... still with red health. I happened to kill one without dying out of pure luck and I leveled up which recovered all my health. I then proceeded to @#@@-face those mofo's and goal line dance on their crushed skulls.
Reply Quote
Well, you might go back to SC after your first heavy HC death and realizing you just lost 48 hours of your life :D
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 11:09 PMPosted by JWGrider
frozen arcane enchanted

By far the worst for melee. After the patch, I would say this combo is probably even more deadly than invulnerable minions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]