Diablo® III

Congratulations, on a terrible patch...

Hardcore has now been forever changed due to the 1.03 series of patches. Although, increase attack speed (ias) has been negated, there are still options to kill monsters...

However, the unforgivable sin of this patch is to crush the gold and magic find of objects and chests. Basically, I have 75% Gold and 75% Magic Find. After the patch, I earned about 5000 gold walking through the first half of Act 4 Nightmare... It is still dangerous enough to easily die; however, there is no profit to be had questing and you will have hell buying items in the Auction House now due to their expense.

Blizzard, please make hardcore challenging and profitable. Let these current setting hold for softcore and return hardcore to before patch 1.03.
Reply Quote
gotta be a troll, i give it 3/10. Walking around for gold in nightmare? Thats gotta be a first. Dude just lvl up and do that in hell sheesh.
Reply Quote
I like the patch.
Reply Quote
Hardcore has now been forever changed due to the 1.03 series of patches....

... there is no profit to be had questing and you will have hell buying items in the Auction House now due to their expense. ...

Assuming if gold is hard to find, and gold gets out of the system through gold sinks, and assuming it affects everyone to the same degree (because we are playing the same game), then everyone will have the same problem as you. What this gives rise to would be lesser gold in the economy and the prices of goods would have to come down.
Reply Quote
Hardcore has now been forever changed due to the 1.03 series of patches....

... there is no profit to be had questing and you will have hell buying items in the Auction House now due to their expense. ...

Assuming if gold is hard to find, and gold gets out of the system through gold sinks, and assuming it affects everyone to the same degree (because we are playing the same game), then everyone will have the same problem as you. What this gives rise to would be lesser gold in the economy and the prices of goods would have to come down.

They also massively nerfed all artisan gold costs.
Reply Quote
I farmed act 1 inferno Dark Cellar for the treasure goblin today after the patch went live. Here is my tally: 300 attempts = zero treasure goblin...the nerf there is not in the patch notes. I just grinded it out to see how many attempts it would take and stopped at 300.

Prior to patch I would see 1-2 per 15 attempts...this is a huge nerf to those that liked to farm this way and a huge slap in the face to those that try this technique after reading this
Reply Quote
I still find plenty of gold and items on those mobile treasure dispensers. It really isn't that hard to hit them a few times in order to make them cough up their stuff.
Reply Quote
Like all smart people figured out, you could easily farm the best items in the game with act 1 gobos after 1.0.3 without ANY DANGER. So its really a necessity to remove all easy gobos.

Since this game is all about gear, the game would be obsolete in no time,
if it stayed the way it is.
Reply Quote
Like all smart people figured out, you could easily farm the best items in the game with act 1 gobos after 1.0.3 without ANY DANGER. So its really a necessity to remove all easy gobos.Since this game is all about gear, the game would be obsolete in no time,if it stayed the way it is.

Im going to agree with this statement full-heartedly. I am now running the last two spires before Diablo in Hell and finding that the sense of urgency to stay alive is back. The past two weeks have been very bland and pretty much boring farming act 1 inferno goblins. Since the mobs drop better gear combined with a full stack of NF Im finding more gems and sellable gear. Oh btw, I upgraded my weapon farming late levels of act 4 hell....hehe
Reply Quote
only thing to dislike about the patch is how they made the game so much easier for carebears
Reply Quote
Gold isn't what hurts HC after the patch.

Go to inferno and try to finish act 2, or get past Ghom in act 3.
Edited by Wanfear#1697 on 6/20/2012 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Heres a challenge that is profitable in 1.0.3

get five stacks of neph.....
kill rare and champ packs....

Kids these day. quit crying man.
Edited by Imperious#1438 on 6/20/2012 1:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
farm gold in NM? LMAO.. OP you should go back to SC. Because you are not hardcore to play in here.

adapt or go back SC.
Reply Quote
I just wish Blizzard would fix these damn Forums. Why haven't they made a separate "incessant wailing and gnashing of teeth" board? If they added that, there might be some discussion of gameplay in the general forums, and we would get a bit less overflow here. Can we get an ETA on this?
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 03:59 AMPosted by Rakha
I just wish Blizzard would fix these damn Forums. Why haven't they made a separate "incessant wailing and gnashing of teeth" board? If they added that, there might be some discussion of gameplay in the general forums, and we would get a bit less overflow here. Can we get an ETA on this?

It's called General Discussion.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Sarkoth still spawns at a pretty good rate so gold farming is still viable until they implement the max games again
Reply Quote
this guy has to be kidding. since the patch i'm pulling loot like no tomorrow, and I'm back in Act II normal because lag-spike rocked my other high lvl chars.

He's doing it wrong.

Stack your Neph points and pull loot. How f'n hard is that?
Reply Quote
Yeah cause it was so much fun when the most safe/profitable play was to break pots for hours...
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 10:47 PMPosted by yuwy
gotta be a troll, i give it 3/10. Walking around for gold in nightmare? Thats gotta be a first. Dude just lvl up and do that in hell sheesh.

Everyone gold farms in Nightmare, sure the stacks in hell are bigger but you run through nightmare SO much faster.
Reply Quote
This change is better for hardcore, it helps SC a bit but they are still eventually going to get destroyed by their ever recycled items. This is great for HC though, the economy having even more sinks, items being able to be killed off and lost forever, lower player base... we have a strong sustainable economy and this change only adds to it.

I love hc.. I love the change... this patch is good in every way. Even the IAS makes me happy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]