Diablo® III

1.0.3 Butcher Run 50k Repairs

I died twice - as happens when you play a barb in co-op games and the DPS people kite too far away to do any damage or really anything useful.

As it was - no big deal - a couple of k repairs, make it back in a few seconds.

Now it costs 50k. I'm worse off than if I never logged on.

Not to mention the ridiculous POS rubberbanding due to BS lag.

I was planning to trade on RMAH - screw that. Theres no sense of progress or achievement - even being able to grind gold provided some of that. No the longer you play, the poorer you get.

I got news for you Blizzard - nobody will be trading on your RMAH if there's nobody left playing the game.
Reply Quote
lol what? 50k for a repair? I died twice a few hours ago and it cost about 3k. Your eq must be awesomeballs
Reply Quote
I second this... it's now a really BAD JOKE.

Everytime i die it costs me 4k+ for repairs... like seriously blizzard WTF!??!!??!

If you expect me to go and play Hell ACT 3 & ACT 4 for 6hrs so i can play 1 hr of inferno your seriously mistaken!!!!!
Reply Quote
If you are not happy with the patch all you have to do is reset your windows clock to before the reset then bam no patch
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 12:12 AMPosted by WilfredDogga
If you are not happy with the patch all you have to do is reset your windows clock to before the reset then bam no patch

That's terminal stupid there
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 12:14 AMPosted by roguetrdr

you know whats stupid you losers that are having a cry
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 12:21 AMPosted by WilfredDogga

you know whats stupid you losers that are having a cry

Where in this thread or indeed any thread have I had a cry or made a complaint. What you have done here sir is shown that you mad because you posted what I can only assume was a poor attempt at trolling which failed due to no one being that inept at online gaming that they believe for a second that this would work in any way.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Iceblink
I got news for you Blizzard - nobody will be trading on your RMAH if there's nobody left playing the game.

Nuff siad +1
Reply Quote
I am a shift worker and decided to get a quick hours worth of Diablo in today between shifts. Normally I can make about 100k in an hour (looting everything and selling all item drops).

Today, with the stupid repair bills, I came out 2k under what I started with. Not bad for an hours work. The most messed up thing is that the deaths were not my fault, every time I died it was due to lag.

So what does this mean for me? I can no longer have a quick game of Diablo, unless I want to come out at a loss. To make money first I need to find a good team to work with (not people who just run or quit at the first sign of a tough elite), and then I need to build up my Valor, and then I need to be lucky with the lag.

I dont think I will be playing for very much longer...
Reply Quote
Yep, my wizard 1 death = 20k gold. I don't actually die that often, but hey, you walk around corner to find yourself facing a vortex/fire chains/waller/teleport elite and you certainly can die rather suddenly. What really gets me though, I don't even need to die for my gear to turn yellow. Farming a lower act, no deaths, but gear turned yellow and huge repair bill - all with no deaths. To add insult to injury, the gear that dropped was complete and utter garbage. A couple of pieces I could sell for 5k on the AH (+MF crap), the rest utterly worthless. What's really silly, is other then my weapon (a blue), virtually everything my wizard has on is only ilvl 62. So, technically, I'm not even in top tier gear and the repair bill is obscene.

Worse, the higher acts are terrible to farm now. Any time I see ilvl < 60 drop in inferno past act I, makes me want to strangle someone. Killed Izual - didn't drop 1 piece of loot that was even ilvl 60 - are you !@#$ing kidding me? Act IV inferno last boss before Diablo and his dropping %^-* that would of made me curse my luck killing the warden in act I.

This games rubbish now. I've uninstalled and bored, but still won't play it in this state.
Reply Quote
It is a game those that are the first to get to the top of the mountain rule, usually they got plenty of criticism and never any help, its where they want you to be at the bottom of the mountain, with little regard the game is dying. A larger gap occuring from those that are rich and those that are poor on the ah

With that said im not on the top of the mountain but was getting close with IAS at 2.44 with life oh hit at 900 and 5% life steal made it a dream in inferno with my barbarian compared to my wizzard(junk gear but made it to act 2 before the patch)

So i have ditched MF and dont try to get gear with it and same for IAS, atm i have MF 57% and GF at 47%, all res is 524 and damage reduction at 69.86% , life steal with dual daggers 5% and life on hit 1962

Barbarian
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhYTjP!bVh!acZZbY
or had a idea yesterday, and been wanting to test this out, Whirlwind with WindShear for extra fury regen and Wrath of the Berserker with Thrive on Chaos to extend it, but think might need a extra boost in Fury regen to make good use of it, and Boon of Bul-Kathos for -30 secs on all Rage abilities. I love all the Rage abilities on the Barbarian :)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhYTjP!bSh!aYZZbc

I try not to use call of the ancients as when you do i noticed the loot to be quite poor, but depend a heap on Wrath of the Berserker(with Whirlwind) with Chilling Earthquake(to slow them) and ground stomp to stun them. I play solo with both of my characters, but since the patch i wont even try using my wizard till i get much better gear. But before the patch i had good ownage on elites in the first act of inferno, only just jot there when they patched it to only find my offsider the Templar dies now in a mater of a couple seconds on some elites making him useless now, and i too could die just as fast until i made those changes, things are much better to having killed a few elites now in inferno. But my armour is at 6952(69.86%) good to use as a comparison. I hope someone find the above of use to them

Whirlwind = use to get out of being trapped by enemies surrounding you, like elites, can pass right thought enemies
i used a star amethist on each weapon extra 300 life on hit on both, one weapon 400 LOH and the other 600 LOH, if you cant get a dagger a sword is just as good. The faster the weapon you get the better it is for life on hit to regen you up, dont bother boosting IAS but with that said my weapons generate IAS of 1.64(needed for life on hit) the rest of the life on hit comes from my amulet at 217 and 100 odd from a ring. Cheap weapons one at 500dps and one at 600 dps(were great at IAS 2.44), junk really but i'll upgrade with a good one in the next week. And life steal between both weapons at 4.9%. So Life on Hit + Life Steal + Socket and check if one might have Damage % boost, very nice to have especially at 30%. Any one else with a great build i would love to see, mine gets me by now no worries act1(till i get to act 2-3), but besides the odd elite gets the best of me the odd lag now and then kills me some days(never had the lag till the new patch) :(
Edited by ChaoticCroc#1455 on 6/20/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It is a game those that are the first to get to the top of the mountain rule, usually they got plenty of criticism and never any help, its where they want you to be at the bottom of the mountain, with little regard the game is dying. A larger gap occuring from those that are rich and those that are poor on the ah

(and a heap of other stuff)
but besides the odd elite gets the best of me the odd lag now and then kills me some days(never had the lag till the new patch) :(

I'm sure I'm not alone in being someone prepared to spend the odd $5 or $10 getting closer to the top of the mountain - if I'm playing a game I enjoy; where there is a balance between what I achieved through gameplay and through what I bought.

That's the problem. I played a lot, but not on the week of release. I'm reasonably progressed in that I can easily farm Butcher for items. I sometimes die in a co-op group - more now as lag and stupidity are effects that stack.

I'm not going to spend real cash if that is my only viable option to progress; certainly not when the goalposts have changed in a major way already and likely will again.

I also resent being punished for repairs on laggy servers.

I'm still kind-of enjoying the game - mostly due to addictive personality. My rational mind is already bored. It's like pouring time into slot machines waiting for a jackpot that doesn't come. I keep playing for a while just in case I'm missing the big one.

But on D3 - I don't think I am.
Reply Quote
I used to clear Ponies with a glass cannon wiz until I took a repair bill to the knee
Reply Quote
I logged in finding all my stuff on yellow from pre patch gaming act 3 Inferno. Bam $30k repair bill. Then i went and played for 2 hours farming elite mobs in Act 1 inferno. Did not die, went to repair at the end of the session and Bam 14K repair bill.

This has gotta be some form of joke right. Sure I understand that if you zerg rez kill elites you should get punished with higher repair bills. But Blizz ffs you are punishing me for just playing a Melee class. Barb here. Act 3 Inferno.

Seeing I don't really play the AH and play multiplayer most nights with R/L mates my incoming gold on a run is < my outgoing repair costs.... fix it.

incase noone else mentioned...

Bliz already said they are aware of the issue with repairing even when you don't die... even smashing barrels costs money to repair(!) they are probably going to address it so you only suffer dura from death.
Reply Quote
It's like pouring time into slot machines waiting for a jackpot that doesn't come. I keep playing for a while just in case I'm missing the big one.

But on D3 - I don't think I am.

Yeah i dont think were missing much, im hoping they might get a expansion, but i think they have already said it wont have one, but never know. It will need it to survive i think

Just got to the butcher, got owned, beefed up Life on Hit to 2249(extra 300) and sailed through solo, never had that problem before with my wizard in inferno, but the whole entire floor was on fire everywhere. I know my weapons are not that great in damage, and might be why it happened, or did they beef the Butcher up some more? Plus i had no lag(rubberbanding), if i had the lag like yesterday i would be dead when all the floor was on fire.

Very late edit
Targeting All Resist at 800(most gear the max is 80 per peice) being around the minimum should see you thought act 3-4
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5913032064?page=1#10

458dps with 83% crit << might help out some aussies :)
http://www.twitch.tv/kingkongor
Edited by ChaoticCroc#1455 on 6/22/2012 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]