Diablo® III

bought game. cant get pass skeleton king

I am really upset. The lack of support on this issue is really irritating me. The least they could do is publicly acknowledge this! Ugh
Reply Quote
same has happened to me, it took me so long to download as well!!! the email say'

"The digital game(s) you purchased are now available for download to your computer from your Battle.net account.

If you made this purchase from Battle.net (instead of the Blizzard Store), your license is already attached to your account. "

SO ANNOYED!
Reply Quote
Having the same problem , this is annoying paid 65 bucks just to wait much longer.
Reply Quote
I'm in the same boat. Still waiting for my account to update after i purchased the game.
Reply Quote
IT WORKS FOR ME NOW, i had to reset my battle.net password TWICE. but it works. i hope it does for all of you as well.
Reply Quote
ok im glad im not the only one who had this problem i did everything you guys did i tried to play until i beat the skeleton king and then it said to upgrade when i bought the game hopefully they fix this very fast. Im going to try to change my password then do it again wonder if itll work.
Reply Quote
I tried to reset my password and it worked. Had this problem for a few hours.
Reply Quote
:) finally . a good way to know if you fixed it is if the skeleton drop alot more health orbs
Edited by Louie305#1165 on 6/20/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Found this out last night:

If you just bought the game (digital download), your game will be kept at starter edition until your payment clears, to be sure the credit charge wasn't fraudulent. They told me it could take as long as 72 hours.
Reply Quote
Found this out last night:

If you just bought the game (digital download), your game will be kept at starter edition until your payment clears, to be sure the credit charge wasn't fraudulent. They told me it could take as long as 72 hours.

oh i didnt know this. im just happy my game works again
Reply Quote
Did some forum searching and found the reason for Skeleton king starter edition message. Qoute from Blizz rep:
Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

If you go ingame and mouse over the public chat icon in the bottom left it mentions this very same three day waiting period before you can trade or post in public chat, so to everyone concerned their purchase has not gone through or there account has been wrongly changed to starter edition..fear not. It just appears we wont be slaying diablos minions past the skeleton king.

Looks like this issue has arisen since the patch came in!
Reply Quote
money spent , but no progress at all ... BLIZZARD , FIX THIS FREAKING BUG !!!!!
Reply Quote
ok guys i changed my pw and it does work make sure you change your battle.net account pw then go to the last checkpoint you have with defeating the skeleton king kill him again this should work if it doesnt continue to tell blizzard.
Reply Quote
changed mine like 4 times. nothing good happened.
Reply Quote
I also am having this same problem. I submitted my ticket as well. Not for nothing but if enough of us are having this issue, they should be on it faster than usual right?? It's not a good thing for sure, but at least the numbers will get their attention maybe?

This sucks for sure, I had the whole day off for this tomorrow and now I don't know... way to go Blizzard. First purchase i've made from you in over a decade.
Reply Quote
There is a 3 day wait (for my case 1 day) to verify your credits. It sucks that they wouldn't tell you about it regardless but I got my game working now! XD
Reply Quote
I did some research and figured that out. I only wished they had told me before I committed to buying their edition that this would happen.

Now I wished I went to gamestop like I had planned.
Reply Quote
Blizz dont give a dam. did you guys know this?
Reply Quote
It's sad that I have to discover this 3-day wait period AFTER paying for the software, without any kind of notice. Very sad.
And it should have been dealt in some other way, without causing problems to paying customers...
Reply Quote
Hi guys, I defeated Skeleton king with starter edition, then bought a license, accomplished same mission again and finally unlocked further mission.
Anyway, after patching the game, I am having your same problem: the second hero I create can't pass skeleton king, because the game ask me to upgrade my account.
The 3days period still have to pass since I buyed the license, but I ask me why it works for me the first time, just few minutes after purchasing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]