Diablo® III

[Guide] Making the best of 1.03 as a Wizard.

06/19/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Rhyno
The problem is my bracers and gloves are decent crit items so I can't sacrifice that for AR and stay above 30k DPS unbuffed. Gah!

06/19/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Rhyno
Oh I'm also at under 2.5k armor, there's no way to do this on the cheap

Dude, it is possible to do it cheap. Like I said, all those items (you can exclude your gloves) are reasonably priced with high AR and int.
Reply Quote
Where did you get so much Physical Res from?
Reply Quote

tl;dr I'm a !@#$%^ protoss who probably bought all his -*!@ with real money.

to me all this was was a brag post.

#$%^ing -*!@.

Please fall back into obscurity you protoss trash.

Why so mad? I managed to use only the gold AH to get to 500/5000. Now 1000 resist will be a huge issue even for me.
Edited by Vulpix#1567 on 6/19/2012 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been looking at Int/Vit/Crit gear for a few days on the AH and it seems anything worth buying is insanely priced. Are people really paying 10-20 mil gold on !@#$? I've played a lot since release and i havent bought much of anything and I only have 3-4 million. At this point i can't buy anything much better then what i already have. Now im stuck with my blue rings and amulet with -15k dps. Also my monk is even worse. This patch has killed my motivation to play.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 06:43 PMPosted by JaNgleLeG85
I've been looking at Int/Vit/Crit gear for a few days on the AH and it seems anything worth buying is insanely priced. Are people really paying 10-20 mil gold on !@#$? I've played a lot since release and i havent bought much of anything and I only have 3-4 million. At this point i can't buy anything much better then what i already have. Now im stuck with my blue rings and amulet with -15k dps. Also my monk is even worse. This patch has killed my motivation to play.

I'm sorry you joined this game late, it was rather reasonable a few weeks ago. If you do not mind using the RMAH, sell any decent rares at 5-10, and build up that money. The way I see it, RMAH items are way more reasonably priced right now. I managed to build up 109 USD on my RMAH account just by selling random useful rare stuff.
Reply Quote
I've actually purchased alot of gear for 20-50m. My source most notably being a 52m purchase. However, you can feasibly accomplish a decent act 3 solo with just a 12-15m gearset.

The market was very profitable for vambrace crafting about two weeks ago. Now...not so much. However, farming is still a really good souce of income. SB runs are still pretty good, granted you go out of your way to hit elites.

@Trilla. Some of my items, like my necklace, have an extra phys resist mod.
@ Vulpix, think the zerg guy was referring to me. I attached a template for him on my main thread in case he wanted to troll more!
Edited by Seraphim#1104 on 6/20/2012 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Very interesting read, thanks Dreamless.

I am curious, what build are you running?
Reply Quote
@Calapine
I'll update my main thread with my build. Give me a sec
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I see your stats, hows your spec look now?
Reply Quote
dreamless are you saying 500AR/5k armor before Prismatic or after?
Reply Quote
@ bulmung, 3k Armor, 500 AR before buff. Sorry.
Reply Quote
@Mug. take a look at your weakest item in terms of total stats and tell me it. By Total stats I mean INT+VIT. Also let me know if you have resists on it and the armor value.
For a DPS increase, its always good to start on the source. Maybe 70-300ish damage with 6% crit is a good start to that crit damage stacking.

Remember you won't get good returns on crit until you get good crit damage and vice versa. But you have to start somewhere.

Gear: http://i50.tinypic.com/32zlwgh.jpg
Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#blQOSR!XYW!bbYYZb

That is my current set-up. Yeah, I know, the gear could use some work.
Edited by Mug#1215 on 6/19/2012 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This guy Texel has 5k armor before Prismatic, mad skills.
Reply Quote
Amulet could use alot of work. Int/ resist is relatively cheap.

Also your rings should have at least one stat on them atkspeed,crit etc.
Find a helm wth a socket, its guaranteed +15% health.

Your first upgrade should be a source though. Find one with about 8% crit and decent spread for about 500k? ish.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Lionhead
This guy Texel has 5k armor before Prismatic, mad skills.

lol no I don't.

Nice post Dreamless.
Reply Quote
Amulet could use alot of work. Int/ resist is relatively cheap.

Also your rings should have at least one stat on them atkspeed,crit etc.
Find a helm wth a socket, its guaranteed +15% health.

Your first upgrade should be a source though. Find one with about 8% crit and decent spread for about 500k? ish.

Thanks for the insight! I will take everything you have said into consideration!

Thanks!~
Reply Quote
What is this "bads" crap?

How about you take a flying F at the moon?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What you're saying makes sense but honestly I'm just not having fun anymore playing this game

This patch was supposed to make inferno easier yet my usual daily siege breaker runs are now no longer even doable as I can't kill him with his reflective and only 1 globe dropping max

I really don't notice mobs hitting substantially less on Act 3 inferno - sigh
Reply Quote
I believe wizards are now the best class in the game? So glad I stuck with my beloved wizard all the way through.

Also, 1k resists is !@#$ing crazy. I'm on act 3, only have just under 300 resists! (Explains why I get 3 shot everywhere....) Also, I went with Crit Chance/Damage built from the begining. 36% Crit Chance is amazing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]