Diablo® III

How much dps do i need for Butcher Inferno?

Hello,

My Wizard stats are 43k hp, 150 resist all, 7.4.k DPS (up to 11k at the cost of 1 defensive and -5% DR)

Can I kill him in 3 minutes?
Reply Quote
never heard anyone recommend less then 10k dps. GL and if you think 150 resist all is good, you're gonna have a bad time
Edited by Schlepian#1420 on 6/20/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You'll be cutting it extremely close. I would go back and farm a bit more until you can upgrade your DPS to around 14-15k.
Edited by Wanfear#1697 on 6/20/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Damn it.... =[
Reply Quote
My WD has 9k dps and kills it in about 2 mins. I have 45k hp, 600 resists and 4.5k armor though. You probably want to have your resists at least above 300 then I guess you will be fine.
Reply Quote
Your white dps is kinda misleading after you factor in things like Archon for Wizards and WOTB for Barbs.
Reply Quote
i had 11k dps and hit his enrage timer, BUT i think i could of beaten him easily if i went solo.

i was with a monk friend who did little more than dance in circles most of the battle cause butcher was having fun playing in his fire so melee was not an option...

I would still reccomend at least 10k to be safe. and dont party with a melee hero; if butcher decides to be an clown and camp in his fires then the melee becomes useless
Reply Quote
A good monk would have been able to stand in the fire and heal through it.

Just saying. Perhaps your friend wasn't really prepared for the fight.
Reply Quote
honestly; he out geared me like crazy and he probably could have tanked it. I think he was just being a little b!tch and didnt want the fire to tickle him at all. he was saying how he was scared to try butcher and sh!t even though he had far superior stats to me in every category except dps where he had like 9k. he had already been farming the gob for like 2 weeks; where as I reached inferno earlier that same day lol.

/unfriend >_<!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]