Diablo® III

Achievement Bug: A Quick Study

I just picked up the people lore book Notes of Urik the Seer, Part 3. It was definitely the first time I'd heard it, so it hasn't bugged on me before. I opened my achievements pane to check and it's not listed as read. I am aware that achievements cannot be rewarded after the fact, but I would like this bug fixed so I can get that one done.
Reply Quote
I ran into the same issue with a different lore book—I picked up Gillian's Diary, Part 2, but it did not register a check mark on my progress for A Quick Study. I then picked up Cain's Old Journal, Part 2, which did register.

Around the time, I was frequently getting an error message about being unable to retrieve achievements when opening up the achievements screen (I forget the exact error number), but despite the error, the achievements screen would still open up.
Reply Quote
Apparently for many people all achievements are completely bugged since 1.0.3. Hopefully there will be a hotfix announcement soon.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889450389
Reply Quote
I am having this issue as well
Reply Quote
I'm not getting the achievement for a quick study. on the achievement list it shows i have all but 2 books. leoric vol 4 leoric vol 5. my lore books have these two vol. i should have this award. i cannot read these books again as the lectern from which they would fall only give me gold now since i do actually already have the two volumes in question. lack of customer support for this unacceptable.
Reply Quote
i'm also having the exact same issue with taking notes and command from the cultist high inquisitor.
Reply Quote
i'm also having the same issue with "historian of tristram" with "khazara heads wanted, tristram fields."
Reply Quote
beast master of tristrim is just fked. every single one of the 10 missing are still in my lore books.
Reply Quote
hey blizzard, if you're not going to fix this for people who can now no longer get these achievments then you should probably better fking make a list of all the uncompletable achievments so we can see all the other things about diablo3 that we shouldn't have wasted money buying.
Edited by Denxien#1840 on 7/3/2012 9:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
My problem is a bit different but equally annoying. All my books are checked for Historian of Trstram and I still do not have the achievement. I got all the books on my own about a month ago but decided to wait for the patch(es) to see if it would be fixed. It hasn't been.
Reply Quote
07/06/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Seapeabi
My problem is a bit different but equally annoying. All my books are checked for Historian of Trstram and I still do not have the achievement. I got all the books on my own about a month ago but decided to wait for the patch(es) to see if it would be fixed. It hasn't been.

Having them all checked and not getting credit is a completely different bug than missing a check mark and not being able to get it on a specific character.

If you are missing a check mark you can create a new character to get it checked off. Don't just switch to another existing character because that one could be bugged too. Create a new one to be sure and you'll get what you're missing.

If all the boxes are checked and you don't have credit, there's nothing you can do. You're pretty much SOL until Blizzard gets it together and fixes it for you.
Reply Quote
If you already have the lore book but it's not checked off your achievement list i.e. able to read the lore but not registered as read in your achievement list, just bring another character in to get the lore book again. That should check the book off your achievement list.

If your books are all checked and achievement was not awarded, you will need to wait for Blizzard to actually find this important enough for a fix.
Edited by KyotoKisses#1877 on 7/7/2012 7:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]