Diablo® III

Dear CM

90 Night Elf Druid
since you are so active in the ANZ forums today, maybe you are in the mood to try and answer an age old question.

Why do blizzard seem bent on denying oceanic customers an Aust or NZ server.

if u cant answer that for what ever reasons "maybe u simply don't know" then maybe you can tell us why blizzard refuse to even give us an answer as to why they don't supply said servers.

honestly if you want to get these forums under control - then an ANZ server would guarantee you 70% WE love you blizzard threads. there will always be those having issues, but if u want to magically turn the forums around i give you your answer.. so please give us ours!
Lets face it 99% of posts since the launch of d3 have been complaints, if blizzard dont turn it around cant they see the diablo fans and vast amounts of diablo 3 players will jump ship and follow the original diablo producers.

aust nz servers = magic bullet - sc2 servers where in wrong region hence the massive redirect fail thus they should not reflect how successful servers in either aust or nz would be.

i dunno how many anz players read the general forums, but im seeing alot of torchlight talk and law suit threads being deleted, so are you being active on the forums to help us or to simply try and fix PR.

sorry i cant help but be negative, maybe once i see some honest good will from blizzard i will cheer up.
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
Posting because it really would be nice to know if we will ever get our own servers and because I want to notice if this gets deleted.
Reply Quote
think theres a rule somewhere saying we should not make topics that addresses "them" in any way, including their names, blues, anything...... Maybe they will add CM to that list? :P
Reply Quote
•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

soon they will add "CM" on there...... :P
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Calling anyone out on the forums in a topic is not recommended, as for your question Arcagnion can't answer unless blizz give the go ahead to answer, that's always how it has been and CM's have stated this in the past on WoW/SC2 forums.

They are able to post on positive threads etc because it doesn't effect blizzard as a company, he can display his personal thoughts and such, however when it comes to anything official CM's have to get the go ahead by higher ups, this includes posting a 'no you won't get a server' answer.

Your post should be directed to Arc's bosses, but while I do think it would be awesome to get an Aussie server, I never see it happening.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Back in old WoW days I think they said something about Telstra price gouging them out the !@# for server hosting or something, and it wasn't worth it for them.
Reply Quote
Selected quote from Internode CEO Simon Hackett:

"...they [Blizzard] have a certain minimum size of deployment they refuse to go below, and that minimum size is so expensive – and takes a hell of a lot of data centre power, rack space and resources"

Blizzard have moved to a centralised stupidly large data centre approach to their infrastructure.

The option of just putting some servers into an ISP data centre is by default not even on the table for them due to their inflexible approach to service delivery.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.
Edited by Arcagnion on 6/21/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Arcagnion, you might've just excited Aussies & Kiwi's, instilled with hope! lol.

Thanks, and look forward to the updates!
Reply Quote
I'm just going to throw this out there, as a non-AU/NZ player - and I know it's not really the place, but I felt like commenting anyway.

Arcagnion treats people on these forums with respect. People aren't always happy, sometimes they're downright mean, or dumb. He still puts his best foot forward. In return, the people who frequent this forum respect him, and appreciate what he does.

Some other CMs could stand to learn a thing or two. That is all.
Reply Quote
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Thank you Arcagnion.... Thank you for an update.
This comment tell us that, at least we know Blizzard is doing something for Oceanic Players but not simply ignoring all the issues we have.
Please do keep us updated on the way, even a small update would please us for sure :)
Good job and keep it up
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Arcagnion

a lot of us from AUS/NZ have been playing blizzard games consistently since 2004. 8 years and still no local server <3. It's frustrating as a player base not knowing what else we need to prove to show that we deserve to be playing your games that we enjoy at a latency that other countries have enjoyed for so long. /frustrated
Reply Quote
Thank you arcagnion.

Tbh i am not fussed bout getting local server, it is a thing i can do without if i can get stable sub 250 ping..... being in perth. so if the discussion ends up with other ways to sort-of-guarantee that, ill ambrace it.

so please, dont take too long. :) Thank you again.
Reply Quote

Thank you Arcagnion for the closest thing to information regarding this topic ever given to us. I trust that if what you say is true that an answer regarding the alluded to question in the OP will not take too many months to be arrived at. Furthermore I trust that if a decision is reached that is not viewed favourably by the AUS/NZ community that this information would be openly disclosed rather than witheld in favour of silence or misdirection.

At the end of the day we just want an answer. If the answer is "No, Blizzard does not intend to provide localised servers for the AUS/NZ region in the near future" then so be it. We can chalk it down to good/bad buisness choices from Blizzard/Activision and move on.
Edited by Slisk#6608 on 6/21/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We can but hope!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]