Diablo® III

Dear CM

Haven't played Diablo 3 since about a month after launch. Re-installed it today to see if anything had improved, logged in, began playing... "server shutting down in 11 minutes."

I hope you enjoyed my money Blizzard; maybe you bought a giant prawn cocktail with the $70 dollars I spent on D3. Whatever you bought with that cash, I hope it was sufficiently tasty/fun/distracting enough, to keep your collective minds off the sticky ethics of charging an entire region of people more money for an inferior product when compared to your pet markets.

I'm not buying Heart of the Swarm, but I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over that either.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Will at least know a little more late next month all going well.

That was five months ago, so i will ask as I have asked on the WOW forums.

No equivocation, no "we are looking into it"

Yes or no?

Which is it.
Edited by Bretanus12#1482 on 1/22/2013 5:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A definitive NO.

WILL NOT HAPPEN

EVER
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry, not intended at you.

Intended at Blizzard and their contempt for Australia (probably fueled by Telstra).
Reply Quote
Sorry, not intended at you.

Intended at Blizzard and their contempt for Australia (probably fueled by Telstra).

It is not Telstra fault nor any other ISP. The reason WoW or Diablo 3 do not have servers in Australia is because blizzard do not want Australian servers.
Reply Quote
SOE now have australian servers for the likes of Planetside 2, Valve have Australian servers for DOTA2 etc..

I do not see why Blizzard are so reluctant, sure it has costs but the amount of players lost because of lag would surely come close to justifying it. And now that SOE/Valve have many servers up and running in the AU/NZ region means that it should be easier for them to do now that someone else has paved the way with the AU ISPs.
Edited by Larno#6592 on 1/29/2013 5:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1 to Aus/NZ server. I am a player that in your neibourgh hood country, but having high latency playing in U.S. or EU servers those days. Asia server is fine but no sense of community there due to language and smaller user-base. Probably merge Asia and Aus/NZ server all together.
Reply Quote
All this hype and still jack nothing, thanks a lot blizzard, you didn't even pretend to care.
Useless.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
All this hype and still jack nothing, thanks a lot blizzard, you didn't even pretend to care.
Useless.

Not entirely true. They put up a forum post saying they're looking into it. If you keep playing for another few months they might even post another one!
Reply Quote
This post is still at the top? Amazing, BUT not surprising. The sad truth is I know people who can get 125-130ms to say WoW ( From North Island of NZ ) but get like 150ms to D3.

Similar situation with me, see I get 147ms on WoW From NZ but 160 on D3 so there is a problem ( unless they fixed it I havnt been actively playing D3 lately.
Reply Quote
The simple fact is that the perceived profit from having a dedicated AUS/NZ server is not there. From a business perspective (time/people/money) its simply not worthwhile, the market is too small. And with the current attitude of alot of people, and reduction in player numbers, the odds of a server actually getting installed become less.

Its just the way the world is, Australia and New Zealand are not considered worth the hassle.

Regards,
Matt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They are not going to get any new players with sub-standard services.
Reply Quote
Dear Arc...... now that it is nearly March, hence already 2 months past the "new year" can we please get some "update"?

With the console version having offline mode, can we PLEASE have offline support on PC too? PLEASE??????

I really dont want to be force to abandon my p99 monk and start all over again, on a platform i never touched before.

Please arc.......
Reply Quote
cant say i agree there. Without any player blizz will just care even less bout the ANZ. i dont like how blizz does things nowadays, but i will still play it just to boost the number and make blizz realize there is still potential in this region.

Note that while we pay much more than anywhere else to get a copy of D3, we are still not the money bag for blizz, their major attention is still on asian countries, europe and their home ground. Losing ANZ all together wont even put a dent in their armor, heck it wont even make it into their quarterly report to investors. So no, i dont think quitting is the way to improve our chances to be treated better by the game giant.

Not saying playing it will actually increase our chance, but is better to try. )
Reply Quote
bump for a response....... please?

IS arc still around?
Reply Quote
BUMP having latency issues
Reply Quote
02/26/2013 04:40 AMPosted by seansky
With the console version having offline mode, can we PLEASE have offline support on PC too? PLEASE??????

game costs 10+ gig space online, imagine the other 80% heaped on your system...
Reply Quote
Even if it is 100 gig, i have enough space for it. Hell ill buy a 1GB SSD if it goes past my 500 GB one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]