Diablo® III

Dear CM

55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizzard, Australia has a code of practice for TV ads.( Free TV Australia ) They have the power to stop any TV ads being shown Australia wide.

You guys can advertise D3 ( which costs a bomb over here in Aus ) on TV but you can't put that money instead towards a Server for Oceanic?

Don't know if this will get traction with them ( Free TV Australia ) but I'm going to try with all my power to pull any and all Blizzard Ads here in Australia due to the games not working here like it's meant to. Due to the fact we pay more for the same product as everyone else but get a lesser service.
Reply Quote
.. quietly retracts latest rant while wondering if this question will ever be answered
Edited by Poinard#6169 on 10/30/2013 3:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's been over a year, Blues.

Well?
Reply Quote
the lag is getting worse . please do something.
Reply Quote
Soooo.

Riot released LoL servers in Aus about 6 months ago after only a few years in operation as a company.

What's going on, Blizz?

The dinosaur of gaming is getting a bit slow?
Reply Quote
Ask for the FTTP and we'll be fine... I hope.
Reply Quote
So a year is coming to an end...... any new year resolution? Like, giving us a definite answer on this issue? Or some more bait at least?

Please? Arcagnion?
Reply Quote
Funny how Aussie gamers pay more for games.. but get the worst service!! D3 is unplayable atm.. with consistant 1000ms+ ping and spikes of up to 5000ms.. its unacceptable! how does blizzard repay their loyal Aus/Nz gamer base?? by sweeping us under the rug! If only they invested just a little bit of money towards server stability/reliability.. im sure they would make that money back and some!
Reply Quote
drooled at the blue post, then saw post date
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well the current situation is that nothing major is going to happen before the end of the year. Really wish I could just say 'Nothing is ever going to happen' but it’s not like that.

It is now January of 2014.

Your post was made in 2012.

Thats eighteen months, no response, and no reply.

Why?
Reply Quote
Because they don't really care.
Was simple enough for PoE to get an Aussie server and that's a free to play game.
Reply Quote
Why is it so?

Probably the ratio of players from the rest of the world to those from Australia.

If the supposedly 14million copies sold is true then there is your answer

Why would they bother to cater for (i am making an guessing here) 50,000 players in NZ and Australia?

For free and continually update it.

Sorry, but I think that is the reality of the server situation.
Reply Quote
What I'm saying though is if GGG can afford a private server to cater for the PoE Aussie population why can't Blizzard do the same for D3? I bet the ratio is pretty similar for both games.
Edited by tastyburger#1978 on 1/7/2014 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/07/2014 06:19 PMPosted by JohnnyDingo
If the supposedly 14million copies sold is true then there is your answer

Why would they bother to cater for (i am making an guessing here) 50,000 players in NZ and Australia?

For free and continually update it.

Nail - Head - whack!
Reply Quote
One thing that I have wondered is that if Blizzard did provide ANZ server (I know that is a big if), would that need to be a different realm or have they in the past (other Blizzard titles) provided a single realm across different geographical locations?

Even with all of the latency issue we all see, I am not sure I would want to play in an ANZ only realm. Although that might have changed because I have virtually only being playing with ANZ friends recently and it has been all good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11161616430#16

Unfortunately this is a major reason why we can't post about this regularly. When a blue posts it can be brought up months/years later and how annoying would it be to say every week or so 'We have nothing to announce at this time'?

Btw, we have nothing to announce at this time.

Does this mean that we have given up on ever having local hardware for Diablo III in the ANZ region? Absolutely not, but until we get a definite yes or no answer either way I can't add anything else to the communication. Just know that the ANZ team is working hard to provide a improved experience for our players in the region, and if you think that's just a PR statement, it isn't.
Reply Quote
I had been bumping this thread every few months, and this looks like the very last time we will see this thread........

Thank you Arcagnion.

/thread
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/21/2014 03:26 AMPosted by seansky
I had been bumping this thread every few months, and this looks like the very last time we will see this thread........ Thank you Arcagnion. /thread

Couldn't say a lot sorry until we were 100% sure everything was going to work as intended!

\o/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]