Diablo® III

Dear CM

Servers in ANZ area? You are joking. Currently everything is working as intended. We created rubberbanding, THEN WE DOUBLED IT! If you were Korean on the other hand... enuff said.
Reply Quote

I hate to be negative but this is the same response I've been hearing for 7 years or more. Maybe they should look a bit harder, you might find the hidden footprints ....

Yeah... don't know what Blizzard's definition of take awhile is, but it is obviously 7+ years..

As long as Aussie throw our money at them, why would they put the effort into giving us local server?

But, I still live in hope.. I reckon if we don't have them [edit: local servers] by expansion time, ill give it a miss.

Rubber banding back into elites is a game design.
Edited by wid#1348 on 6/24/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Hahaha this is a polite no.

THey have had over 10 years with WoW and bad pings. We will not be getting server.
Reply Quote
They clearly aren't serious about the ANZ market otherwise they would have seen the issues with WoW and considered this solution BEFORE releasing the D3 to the ANZ region. Instead they let the market burn.

The real answer is we are not important enough to have a server. The people who are loyal irrespective of this abuse are padding Blizzard's wallet a touch and that's all they care about.

For truth.

Blizzard could still make lots of money off the AUS/NZ market and actually "support" the region with localised servers. Would they make as much as now? Probably not... would they make more in the future... yes. Blizzard is burning brand loyalty in AUS/NZ to make money... Stupid business move blizzard.

You should be ashamed for theway you treat the AUS/NZ playerbase... ASHAMED.
Reply Quote
After hearing the same story for the last 7 years with WoW, you'll forgive me for not believing a single word about not ruling out AU/NZ servers. If it's not deafening silence then it's lip service to try and placate the forum masses.
Reply Quote
06/22/2012 02:14 AMPosted by pEz
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Man I been trying to get that question answered for a while.

Thanks Arcagnion.

Can you please give us an ETA on when we should be expecting more information on this? Do we check back in a week or a month?

Hey, since this has been a week just wondering if we could get your update as to how this is progressing?

Have you managed to have any discussions regarding the Australian server?

Looking forward to your prompt reply.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
See I apreciate the effort you made in giving us this post. But you still honestly havn't told us anything other than exploring options and "soon", which is what we have been getting for 6 weeks of d3 and 8 years of wow.

Sooo yeah colour me unimpressed and dissapointed.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Would you rather an update saying nothing new has come of it?

I'm sure Arc would love to post an update saying "we are doing this" but when he has no new info to give what's the point in posting that he has no new info to give?
Reply Quote
Would you rather an update saying nothing new has come of it?

I'm sure Arc would love to post an update saying "we are doing this" but when he has no new info to give what's the point in posting that he has no new info to give?

It's called "customer service". Keeping your customers informed even when there are no developments lets them know that the issue is still on your agenda, and that you're not just ignoring them.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/27/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Kranik
See I apreciate the effort you made in giving us this post. But you still honestly havn't told us anything other than exploring options and "soon", which is what we have been getting for 6 weeks of d3 and 8 years of wow.

All options we are reviewing are specific to Diablo III. This is based on your feedback here in the forum since launch, so when I get something more solid it will be posted. We want Diablo III to be around for many years to come.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
We want Diablo III to be around for many years to come.

I'm sure Blizzard do. However, this remains to be seen with the direction the game is being taken, imo. Furthermore, with the way CM's are handling the sea of customer complaints, I'm not overly optimistic of its longevity. My list of technical issues with the game grows every day. Patching is a nightmare, customer service is atrocious. I've given up.

As an Australian player, you can imagine my further dismay when reading the design blog regarding increased repair costs (I died enough due to my latency and rubber-banding -- not because I was a sub-par player who didn't care about dying). That sealed the deal for me. I'll never return to play D3.

That said, I appreciate your taking the time to post here, Arcagnion. But for me it isn't enough that you're "exploring options".
Edited by Ohsorry#1114 on 6/28/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Undead Warrior

Why do blizzard seem bent on denying oceanic customers an Aust or NZ server.

Because it's not cost effective. It's extremely unlikely this will change.

The CM response that would put this issue to rest, is confirming the opening of a data center in Australia. Until that happens, there is no new information a CM could have that would be useful or relevant.
Edited by Hierophant#1827 on 6/28/2012 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
well to be honest they dont even need to open a new date centre. They just need to reuse the one they used in singapore....... im in perth and ill be happy with a singapore server. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This thread so much.

I honestly can't understand how other (smaller) companies can afford to get oceanic servers out within a monthish of realising how big the oceanic population actually is and how terrible it is playing with our ping.

If you want a good example of the difference it will make go play any fps at 20ping vs 200+ ping the difference is extremely big Blizzard has just tweaked their games so we can't notice it from our end, well, except for the rubber-banding. cheap trick! Meanwhile back at blizzard HQ oceanic players have made probably thousands of threads regarding the matter for years over on the WoW forums and now here on Diablo forums and Blizzard just keeps saying "soon", WHY. We pay our money, the exact same amount, probley more actually, than what the americans pay, why should we get worse service for the same money.

In conclusion, If Blizzard keep waiting and waiting then by the time they eventually decide to bring out oceanic servers, which will be when they see the drop in subs from players eventually being fed up and moving onto other games that provide proper service to cater for the ever growing oceanic community, it will be too late.
Edited by Once#1375 on 6/28/2012 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Arcagnion

All options we are reviewing are specific to Diablo III. This is based on your feedback here in the forum since launch, so when I get something more solid it will be posted. We want Diablo III to be around for many years to come.

I would love to see D3 around for many years. But as it is right now. I can't see myself farming items with noend in view for the next 2 months. I wish you all the best and do hope you do change the experience of the minority who are not overly happy with what we had perceived as a game we wanted to play for many years. But for now, this will bide my time till GW2.

We need some semblance of an end game, and sorry to say, 24/7 customer service isn't true. Maybe take a stroll down tithe actual CS dept and see. But it's not working very well.
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Arcagnion

So do we, but with all the latency and lag, I doubt the Aus/NZ/SEA region will continue onward like we have for a lot longer.
An investment into a D3 server is a moderate upfront cost and tiny ongoing ones, for a massive return on happy customers in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
The blues and Blizzard remind me of a guy at a job I was working in, we called him The Mirror Man

He was always "looking into things".
Reply Quote
The blues and Blizzard remind me of a guy at a job I was working in, we called him The Mirror Man

He was always "looking into things".

Yeah, with people like that you usually set them a delivery date. If they continually fail to meet these dates, they are let go of.

So, I guess, since blizzard wont give us a delivery date maybe we should set one?

Feel free to pick your own. I'm thinking:

Requirement: I'd like to see a high level plan of describing what blizzard plan to do regarding the ANZ Region.

Delivery date: 3 weeks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]