Diablo® III

Dear CM

•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Been a week any new information? Or has this just been another lip service by blizzard?
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Arcagnion
All options we are reviewing are specific to Diablo III. This is based on your feedback here in the forum since launch, so when I get something more solid it will be posted. We want Diablo III to be around for many years to come.

That is very interesting to hear. I just wanted to chime in and say that any and all increase in network performance would be truly appreciated. I want to be playing this game for many years to come, but i can honestly say that if anything was going to diminish the longevity of the game for me, it would be the latency issues. I use a tunneling service and still rarely drop below 220ms; i notice it every time i play. Don't get me wrong, the play experience is still good, but it could be so much better, and i would love for that to happen. In fact, i would love to help that happen!

Thanks for the updates, anyway.

06/29/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Misguided
Been a week any new information? Or has this just been another lip service by blizzard?

The blizzard post i just quoted was made 17 hours ago... Patience is a virtue ;)
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 6/29/2012 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The only problem i fear is that the game will die before any of t his even happens. Diablo 3 is losing players very fast.
Reply Quote

a lot of us from AUS/NZ have been playing blizzard games consistently since 2004. 8 years and still no local server

Some way, way before that. Been here since DI.
Reply Quote
Any new information? Or are you hoping we will just forget?
Reply Quote
Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.

The only option is servers, that's it, period, get it done, hurry up.
Don't care about excuses.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

This is the sasme old palm off we have ben getting for years.

They are "looking into it". I imagine the CM's are "in a meeting" and can't get back to us.
Reply Quote
07/08/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Zhenogre

This is the sasme old palm off we have ben getting for years.

They are "looking into it". I imagine the CM's are "in a meeting" and can't get back to us.

that is a long meeting. Yes! I realize the CM's are just playing their customer relations game where they will say anything to keep the masses tamed/distracted.

But someone has to call them out on it. Heck it has been 2 weeks, surely something came from these so called meetings
Edited by Misguided#1339 on 7/8/2012 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They can look into it as much as they want but the end result will be the same as what it has been since D1

we are not getting servers here anytime soon people. end of story.

this is because, our internet is stupidly expensive here compared to all the other major parts of the world. if thats wasn't enough our infrastructure is !@#$ and far behind the standards of other major parts of the world. This translates to high expense with minimal gain.

lets say you do get a server here...okay cool...and your ping remains at 150-200...what then? you have servers costing the company more money with virtually the same result...even if you can get your ping waaay down maybe even sub 100, i'm betting people will still get spikes and complain.

so we really can't win here. There never going to put servers here because it will cost them too much for little to no gain to the comunity. and furthermore as has been stated bliz and accti are doing things on large scale, so they will like to put a massive server farm here for us not some dinky little thing that can't handle our crap.

What should have happened was the serious upgrade promised by our government to the internet and all the lovelly fiber optics and nice fat pipelines, to bring us in line with the speeds the rest of the major countries get for much much much cheaper. go to the US and see how much you will get for $70 a month and the speed you will get...then compare that to our CAPPED, SLOW plans on offer here.

you want servers in aus/z? then our government needs to deliver.then bliz will be able to look into the matter and do something instead of looking into it seeing it's the same crap it was 12-14 years ago and having to wait.

bottom line, we can't support what bliz wants to do for us therefore they will not do it = no server in teh near future.
Reply Quote
They can look into it as much as they want but the end result will be the same as what it has been since D1

we are not getting servers here anytime soon people. end of story.

this is because, our internet is stupidly expensive here compared to all the other major parts of the world. if thats wasn't enough our infrastructure is !@#$ and far behind the standards of other major parts of the world. This translates to high expense with minimal gain.

lets say you do get a server here...okay cool...and your ping remains at 150-200...what then? you have servers costing the company more money with virtually the same result...even if you can get your ping waaay down maybe even sub 100, i'm betting people will still get spikes and complain.

so we really can't win here. There never going to put servers here because it will cost them too much for little to no gain to the comunity. and furthermore as has been stated bliz and accti are doing things on large scale, so they will like to put a massive server farm here for us not some dinky little thing that can't handle our crap.

What should have happened was the serious upgrade promised by our government to the internet and all the lovelly fiber optics and nice fat pipelines, to bring us in line with the speeds the rest of the major countries get for much much much cheaper. go to the US and see how much you will get for $70 a month and the speed you will get...then compare that to our CAPPED, SLOW plans on offer here.

you want servers in aus/z? then our government needs to deliver.then bliz will be able to look into the matter and do something instead of looking into it seeing it's the same crap it was 12-14 years ago and having to wait.

bottom line, we can't support what bliz wants to do for us therefore they will not do it = no server in teh near future.

Where do people get this stuff from? This is mostly made up by people who want to whinge about our governments (both parties). Sure our internet isn't the best/cheapest when compared to countries that have a population density 4x as ours. The bottom line is Australia does have the current infrastructure and technical expertise to accommodate any plans Blizzard would need to set up a server farm.

If you could provide the technical details or even a quote from blizzard claiming the opposite than I will eat my words.

If this is true! Why doesn't blizzard just say " We have no plans to set up a server in Australia or the SEA region. We also consider the current state of connection for SEA and ANZ players acceptable and we don't consider there will be a major performance improvement from any other feasible solution."

At least we know that Blizzard just doesn't care or isn't interested. Instead we get same PR line "We are continuing to improve the performance for all out customers". Yeah sure that is a great PR line, I commend the PR person who came up with it, but it is a big fat lie. Performance issues have not improved, in fact 1.03 introduced more lag spikes and much more rubber banding.
Edited by Misguided#1339 on 7/8/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They should just say.. okay, here you go.
Aus Servers.
$5 character transfer fee.

Blizzard gotta gouge ya somehow.

I would love for them to place some aus servers here. We're not exactly a huge market, it's not like they would need thousands of servers. They may need staff and infrastructure though if they don't trust ISP's to host. Still.. I wouldn't complain. A little philanthropy would not go unnoticed even if it would hurt the pocket.
Reply Quote
Are there any updates to this?
Reply Quote
07/17/2012 02:06 AMPosted by Shuth
Are there any updates to this?

Yes... please, any update would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
yeh it was very very very very bad over here tonight.... :(
Reply Quote
WoW people are still waiting for an answer, obvious CM Troll is obvious.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Why doesn't blizzard just say " We have no plans to set up a server in Australia or the SEA region. We also consider the current state of connection for SEA and ANZ players acceptable and we don't consider there will be a major performance improvement from any other feasible solution."

Because we are continuing to research the viability of all options and we won't count anything out at this stage. Once there is some solid to say either way then I will posting it. In the mean time I need everyone to give honest feedback in the sticky so I can continue to feed it back to the global team each week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]