Diablo® III

explain Mortar?

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Death Knight
The fix for mortar (and many other affixes) would be to address the enemies that these abilities can be on. Ranged enemies having mortar is a no-win, same as melee having molten, fast-attacking ones having vampiric, enemies with high life getting extra health, etc. If what can get what is addressed, then you no longer have to fix the abilities for everything (making it less of a balancing act), and more specific issues can be more easily addressed. All enemies in this game are not created equal, so why the hell does Blizzard treat them all exactly the same?
the wasps in Act 2, their unique lil army of wasp hurst more than their mortar >.>
I think there are some players that don't realize that mortars are affected by walls.

A mortar blast might be INTENDED and AIMED for out of melee range, but because a character is right next to a wall, the mortars stop short and explode there.
06/20/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Lylirra
Our Quality Assurance team

ROFL
I'm really excited about the retail release of DIII.

The beta so far has been excellent.

Oh. This was the release? Inferno difficulty wasn't playable after act 1, real money auction house still only partially implemented, horribly optimized graphics....

But seriously Blizzard, when does the beta end?
I only get hit when its a mortar/waller combo. i guess it sees the wall as a barrier so the mortars drop straight on me :(
The mortar mobs used to do that to me constantly on my monk, but my experience since the patch has been much better. I haven't been getting hit with any mortars up close to the mobs now.
http://tinyurl.com/bnwnwwl
Thank you for the reports! Our Quality Assurance team is investigating this as a possible bug. With patch 1.0.3, we increased the dead zone for Mortar monsters (the area around the monster where you can stand and not be a target for their mortar attacks), which should reduce the chance for characters from being hit when in melee range.

If characters in melee range of Mortar monsters are being targeted more often, that's not intended. We know players are reporting this happening fairly frequently when a Mortar monster stops up against a wall, so we'll be looking into those situations as well as when the monster is just being attacked out in the open.

http://tinyurl.com/bnwnwwl
Thank you for the reports! Our Quality Assurance team is investigating this as a possible bug. With patch 1.0.3, we increased the dead zone for Mortar monsters (the area around the monster where you can stand and not be a target for their mortar attacks), which should reduce the chance for characters from being hit when in melee range.

If characters in melee range of Mortar monsters are being targeted more often, that's not intended. We know players are reporting this happening fairly frequently when a Mortar monster stops up against a wall, so we'll be looking into those situations as well as when the monster is just being attacked out in the open.

No mortar mob I have run in to since the patch (which was only a handful because the game is still terribly broken and therefore not worth playing) has a minimum range. They spam mortars at melee range.

I'm usually not this much of a %!!@, but you need to replace your entire !@#$%^- useless QA department because this game is nothing but a horrendous amalgamation of bugs and exploits.

The thing is it's not only mortar mobs doing this but also Isual. His frost bombs were also supposed to drop less often in melee range, however I was killed in seconds of pulling him simply because I was frozen and then refrozen every half second. Hard to dps him down while frozen and live. LOL
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]