Diablo® III

Repair costs and income inequality

The new repair costs really makes a much bigger gap in income inequality between players. Putting RMAH aside, richer players with better gear don't really care for the 25k/repair, hell they have multitude of millions. And they can continue to farm the higher acts.

Players with just a few hundred thousand in their possession in inferno really gets hit pretty hard. Before they could try to grind act 3 and act 4 for some gear for some chance to get richer. But now they have to troll in act 1 with debatably worse drops. As there is a huge barrier to entry into act 3 and 4.

I feel like this has encouraged really conservative play which I really don't like to see in an RPG. Isn't it funner to be bold, get killed a few times and have a great time doing it?
Reply Quote
repair cost for playing (not dying) is greater than loot. I'm stuck with red items and no money. Am i supposed to go naked. Or get "no durability loss" set?
Reply Quote
Hint - Ask hardcore players how to minimize repair costs (like what was suggested when the repair increases were announced a week or more ago).

there is a reason the hardcore forums have ZERO posts about how "unfair" the repair costs are now.... because they dont deathzerg - they dont die - they dont have massive repair bills because they are face-smashing into mobs and dying over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... I think you get the point.

Oh wait, this is softcore, you will NEVER get the point.

dying and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........
Reply Quote
Yeah higher repair costs just isn't the way to fight abuse. It's like a tax on products. It doesn't hit the rich guys, but it hits the middle class really hard. Don't know why blizzard thought this would be a good idea :(
Reply Quote
The repair costs really hurt those that are casual, and now just getting into inferno. I'm not a care bear, but after trying out act II with a buddy last night (Im a monk, he is a WD) with the new repair system, I'm pretty disheartened. I don't mind difficulty but it sucks butt that we are punished for experimenting in order to figure out what works.

and farming act I so we can afford the insane gear necessary for our class just isn't fun.

Honestly, this game isn't even about skill so much as time sink and RNG. Play a game like Dark/Demon souls and die...it was because you messed up. Play Diablo, and you probably died to the RNG affix generator on elites being bad for your class.
Reply Quote
See my suggestion for fixing this issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889799692?page=1#1
Reply Quote
There is 1 reason and 1 reason only why they boosted repair costs. RMAH, if people have much less gold they will be forced into using RMAH more (atleast in Blizzard's mind)
Reply Quote
Hint - Ask hardcore players how to minimize repair costs (like what was suggested when the repair increases were announced a week or more ago).

there is a reason the hardcore forums have ZERO posts about how "unfair" the repair costs are now.... because they dont deathzerg - they dont die - they dont have massive repair bills because they are face-smashing into mobs and dying over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... I think you get the point.

Oh wait, this is softcore, you will NEVER get the point.

dying and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........

Thats why there is an option right? people on hardcore have their preferred way of play, players on softcore shouldn't necessarily be forced to have a taste of that way of play don't you think?

I feel like to prevent death zerging, if you die once or twice, the mob just gets reset back to the original state would be way better. That way, you don't really get any advantage in dying and coming back, you just get another chance. To do everything at the same difficulty
Reply Quote
Hardcore players still pay for wear and tear.

The problem isn't dying... it SHOULD be expensive to die. It SHOULDN'T be so expensive to kill stuff without dying.

06/20/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Catreina
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Cat, we don't die over and over, I can go all of hell without 1 death, but doing so now I end up with about 1 million in repairs, whereas it used to be about 150 to 200k (and I'd get about 1 to 1.5 million gold out of the whole mode)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]