Diablo® III

Diablo3 is MURDERING my net

Is it normal that diablo3 takes 2gb every day? also can someone tell me how much diablo3 uses per hour? By the way i use bigpond ADSl 50gb
Edited by FallenKing#6499 on 6/19/2012 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No that is not right at all.

Do you mean it is downloading 2gig a day via the downloader? or your just your in game bandwidth is using 2gig a day?

Either way something is wrong.
Reply Quote
well using my laptop paired through my iphone, the data downloaded is anywhere between 150MB - 200MB per hour. I measure this constantly as my mobile plan is only 2GB a month and they charge 25c per 100MB over the 2GB
Reply Quote
just playing no download is it possible im being scammed by bigpond?
Edited by FallenKing#6499 on 6/19/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Either that or someone's tapping into your internet/wifi ???
Reply Quote
Try downloading a program called netlimiter you can get a free trial(google it) it will record all incoming/outgoing traffic on your pc by process so you will be able to see what is using your bandwidth.
Reply Quote
how much does diablo3 take from you guys?
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 11:57 PMPosted by OscarKahn
someone's tapping into your internet/wifi ???
Reply Quote
Virus scan is your friend
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 12:05 AMPosted by roguetrdr
Virus scan is your friend
im using avast antivirus
Reply Quote
no way d3 is eating all that

something fishy is going on
Reply Quote
It has nothing to do with Diablo 3 mate. Something else is chewing your bandwidth.
Reply Quote
That has absolutely nothing to do with Diablo 3. If you use your mobile phone as a wifi hotspot for your laptop the problem may lie in the fact that your connection is unsecured. This means that some dude like your neighbor may have access to it and is using it for free.
Reply Quote
I use telstra for my phone, and after 5 nights of playing have only used 500MB of data, my phone has a data meter on it which is updated every 24 hours.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you have another program up while you are playing diablo 3? For instance, Diablo 3, Skype, Itunes, IE, other games, etc. They all use Bandwidth and just having a few of those open could easily make 2gb per day. While you are at it, scan your computer for malicious software to make sure there arn't any fishy programs going rogue in your computer.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Hornet
Do you have another program up while you are playing diablo 3? For instance, Diablo 3, Skype, Itunes, IE, other games, etc. They all use Bandwidth and just having a few of those open could easily make 2gb per day. While you are at it, scan your computer for malicious software to make sure there arn't any fishy programs going rogue in your computer.
only facebook and diablo3
Reply Quote
As an example, I checked my usage meter at 10am this morning when I started doing act 2 inferno it was at 41mb for the day, its now 11pm(ie 1 hour later) and my useage meter says 48mb.

A whopping 7mb in an hour. I'll keep watching it during the day but yeah something is leeching your net mate, or telstra is conning you. What usage meter are you using? or going off their website?
Reply Quote
just a post that might cheer people up about 'net' issues

did u know when diablo2 was made the multiplayer system was designed to cater for dialup connections?... ie you had this modem that you had to dial into an exchange and you had to pay for the phone call as well as the service provider charges.... and that on dialup diablo2 was the only game i could play that was entertaining for me as a multiplayer game... sipping coffee while i waited for my intown stash to accept my item as i drag and droped it...

i remember a guy in New York saying that he had a state of the art internet connection and that he had worse latency to the blizzard servers than i did.

TLDR if diablo3 is MURDERING your net, there is a high chance there is something wrong on your end.
Edited by Teragrid#1275 on 6/20/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 11:50 PMPosted by OscarKahn
well using my laptop paired through my iphone, the data downloaded is anywhere between 150MB - 200MB per hour. I measure this constantly as my mobile plan is only 2GB a month and they charge 25c per 100MB over the 2GB

mate you gotta get a better method of internet access ;) I assume you can't get adsl/adsl2 so why not a USB modem through either vodafone or telstra?? get a 12 month plan ie, something like these:
http://shop.vodafone.com.au/all-broadbands?id=700020

$30 a month for 6gig or $40 a month for 12 gig...

if you go over your current plan (which i bet you've already done) you would pay for a month with vodafone very quickly ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]