Diablo® III

How long does it take to time out

So when the client crashes, how long does it take for your character to time out? The reason i ask, is i've died twice now, level 48 and 60. Both times my pc blue screened. After the first one, i re-formatted computer with new OS and everything ran great. I was able to play without any crashes. Just now, i crashed with 1 mob infront of me. I am fairly certain that the one monster would take at least a minute of constantly bashing on my poor barb to kill kill me.

This also brings me to the 2nd question. Does my char still block, dodge, life regen. while it is timing out? Does my merc heal me?

At this point, i will have to just buy a new pc just so i can play hardcore. Pretty annoying.
Reply Quote
View profile
10 second countdown timer. Your char stills blocks, dodges, gains HP, etc. You just cannot move.
Reply Quote
I believe that it's 10 seconds during a network disconnect. which i've lived through. but i've never lived through a BSOD. (2/2) It doesn't feel like 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
I do think too that the time is higher than 10 seconds when you get disconnected too. I´ve already lost 2 HC characters the same way u did...
Unfortunately, I couldnt find any thread explaining this time...
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Omnipotens
Unfortunately, I couldnt find any thread explaining this time...

If the client doesn't cleanly notify the server that it's disconnecting then there may be some time before the server figures it out, after which there's probably still the normal 10 seconds.
Edited by childsish#6632 on 6/20/2012 2:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
its more like 50 seconds, i tested with a friend. 10s would be way too short, everyone would live.
Reply Quote
There's the normal 10 seconds + some time before the server figures out you've disconnected. The latter is the extra 40 seconds.
Edited by childsish#6632 on 6/20/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
normal difficulty 10 sec
NM difficulty 30 sec
Hell diff 60 sec
Inferno diff wherever you are they ll send you a pack of mobs and kill you :-)

/joke
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]