Diablo® III

What the patch nerf did to my monk

So I have a lvl 53 monk and after the patch I started looking at my stats.
This monk build was a LOH Critical AS Monk

Here's the results

Dmg reduced from 3300 to 2600 dps
AS reduced from 2.04% to 1.64% per attack

All I gotta say is WOWZERRSSS..... after noticing my massive nerf I decided to go back to AH and reshop my EQ with a different build (But Im not telling my new build)!

Not complaining of anything just warning any other AS monks that didnt pay attention to their stat losses from AS nerf you might want to revise your builds or you will find yourself severly outmatched to where you used to be.

PS: For your information I had 2 11% AS rings, with 9% AS gloves and 2 weapons one with LOH and other with 13% AS
Edited by lokarth#1995 on 6/20/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I know the AS nerf was a big one, and the sticker shock is unsettling... but here's the thing that leads me to believe it isn't as bad as it seems.

All of the ASI ranges were changed. So what was before the best ASI item in the game will still be the best ASI item in the game, just at a different value.

But I suppose if you are now comparing the "speedy damage" vs. the "steady damage" I could see how this nerf might cause you to do some re-tweaking.
Reply Quote
AS nerf doesnt hurt my 60 monk.
Reply Quote
My 60 monk went from 15k dps to 12k. That was a 20% DPS nerf. Before the patch I had 15% on my weapon, a 15% ring and a 13% ring. After the patch it went to 6%, 7% and 6%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]