Diablo® III

Many exploits remain after 1.03

I tried making my own forum for this, but it got buried. So here are my thoughs on the patch!

Patch 1.0.3 has brought some changes that I feel will discourage the fun of Diablo 3, from a level 1 newbie to an Inferno veteran. Below are some of the recent changes and why I feel they are not the right step to make in improving the Diablo experience.

Note: I have a level 58 Demon Hunter in Hell act 2, and have been playing since launch. I feel I know this game well enough to discuss the following issues.

1. Repair costs have been increased for item levels between 53 and 63

This change is targeting Hell/Inferno players mostly, but I think it needs to be brought up. I understand that this change was made to discourage people who have been using abilities like the DH's Grenadier to kill a difficult monster upon their characters death, but most of the time, characters who are in the level 53-60 category are dying to unfair mob abilities like Jailor/Vortex, which are unavoidable. This change also discourages Inferno item farming which was supposed to be supported by things like nephalem valor. Melee characters especially will hurt from this change, as they have to repair their gear more than the ranged classes. This is really gonna hurt the Barbarian/Monk pocket book. Bottom line, if your'e going to have increased repair cost fro higher level gear, then nurf monster abilities so that we can avoid or dodge them.

2. Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses.

This one I can't find any rhyme or reason for. Half the fun of the Diablo experience is looting from dead bodies, pots, and secret stashes. I feel this change will only serve to make players less motivated to explore, and stick only to the main path. As far as I can tell, its not a mechanic that can be "exploited" to an insane degree, no matter how good your magic find is. I think with my 67% Magic Find, the best item I ever found in a barrel was a blue item.

3. Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain

This one is simple. We want more loot for killing hard monsters. 2 items seems like a fair number of drops. This again discourages from end game farming, which is all the Inferno mode offers to players at the present moment. That's all. They say less is more, but not when it comes to loot.

4. Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Read above.

5. Weapon racks will no longer drop weapons 100% of the time.

Very similar to my complaint about magic find, why did they make this change? Again, is this a mechanic that is easily exploited? When checking weapon racks, I never found ANY item above standard white colored one. Half of the time I'm finding cracked weapons anyway. This AGAIN discourages player exploration, and AGAIN limits the amount of loot that endgame Inferno farmers can get when playing.

Now forget about all that stuff I just mentioned above, just think of this from a realistic perspective. My character sees a rack filled with spears, swords, bows, knives, daggers, etc, so he's goes out to reach for it and then finds nothing? What was that an illusion then? Does Diablo really need to buy time by having me look at fake weapon racks? What a wussy lord of Terror......
yeah if they don' fix these craps I am out of this game for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Guilty. :]
100 Tauren Death Knight
These issues must be fixed. Any form of fun in a game is uncalled for.

Blizzard is on the right track in their war on entertainment in games.
Edited by Ravinus#1380 on 6/19/2012 8:10 PM PDT
06/19/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Furiant
A friend of mine told me they were playing with some person earlier who - and I'm just the messenger here - seemed like they might be having fun while playing the game. I don't know how true this is, but if it's even a possibility, god help us all.
plus 1
Awesome. lol
+1
love it!
+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
91 Undead Warlock
Dear O.P.

I approve of your post and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Blasphemy.

+1
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]