Diablo® III

For real Belial inferno enrage timer 3 min ??

Wow.

I just died in inferno hardcore against belial en his 3 min enrage timer. ( chain pools of attack on the ground, couldnt do anything...)

I think the enrage timer is way too short.
Imo it should be at least 4 min or 5 min.

(Barb) I had 800 all resists , 66k HP and 11k DPS and he was at 10%.

Who else died (or killed :p) against him after this patch ?

RIP my awesome !@#$ing barb and %^-* belial enrage timer :(
Reply Quote
Wow.

I just died in inferno hardcore against belial en his 3 min enrage timer. ( chain pools of attack on the ground, couldnt do anything...)

I think the enrage timer is way too short.
Imo it should be at least 4 min or 5 min.

(Barb) I had 800 all resists , 66k HP and 11k DPS and he was at 10%.

Who else died (or killed :p) against him after this patch ?

RIP my awesome !@#$ing barb and %^-* belial enrage timer :(

what was your build ?
Reply Quote
Yeah that's pretty weak. I don't get a rage timer on Belial. It's not like you can run away or stay away even. It's a very tight platform; let either the Hero or the Lord of Lies win. Not a 180-second countdown.

Thanks for posting.

Also, Kripp's Belial Inferno kill was right about 5min on Phase 3 alone, even more fuel to the fire.. **canofworms**
Reply Quote
Yeah that's pretty weak. I don't get a rage timer on Belial. It's not like you can run away or stay away even. It's a very tight platform; let either the Hero or the Lord of Lies win. Not a 180-second countdown.

Thanks for posting.

Also, Kripp's Belial Inferno kill was right about 5min on Phase 3 alone, even more fuel to the fire.. **canofworms**

Yeah, last night after the patch he did a kill on SC where he did all of phase 3 100%-0 during enrage. So enrage != loss, by definition (like in WoW.)
Edited by Soh#1363 on 6/20/2012 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mith : True but i didnt expect this enrage timer and i surely didnt expect that he would do his pool attack 2-3 times in a row. . For me i was geared enough ( i soloed all act 2 ) to defeat him which i would have if the enrage timer wasn't so overpowered.

and yeah i was avoiding all of his pool attacks ( i coudl take on any of his other attacks) but when the enraged came,he did a first pools attack, ok i survived though the pools were all over the place (nowhere to run but to take dmg) and then right after another pools attack which lead to my death.

But yeah if i had switch to another stats for this phase ( like battle rage or CotA) i would have killed him :).
Edited by Nicopilo#2409 on 6/20/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry for your loss, enrage timers are easily the most retarded mechanic implemented in D3
Reply Quote
Mith : True but i didnt expect this enrage timer and i surely didnt expect that he would do his pool attack 2-3 times in a row...

Perhaps you should have read the patch notes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6457499/Patch_103_Now_Available-6_19_2012#blog

Belial
General
Belial will now enrage in Inferno difficulty after 3 minutes in his final phase, increasing the number of green pools dropped across the entire encounter platform
Reply Quote
Now i am scared.
Reply Quote
You need 15k dps to kill him solo as a barb I heard.
Reply Quote
Ouch, Will definitely be tougher going forward.
Reply Quote
Lesson learned.
Now if you couldn't finish Belial in 2:50, quit immediately.
Reply Quote
View profile
You're going to have to find a way to deplete all almost 10 million of his health in 3 minutes or you're pretty !@#$ed.

Why call it an enrage timer, when its functionality is more of an instant kill timer?
Reply Quote
I doubt the enrage timer was properly tested before being implemented.
Reply Quote
HC wouldnt be HC if you just stack life/armor and take your time nipping bosses to death. Anything below 15k dps is too low.
Edited by Vietnogi#1475 on 6/20/2012 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Furies
You need 15k dps to kill him solo as a barb I heard.

Sounds about right, took me ~2:50 when I tested it on SC with 14k dps.
Reply Quote
Does the timer start at Phase 3 or Phase 1?
Reply Quote
phase 3

To kill him as a barb, grab a 2 hander with ~1100 dps and some str.
Edited by SlicedToad#1974 on 6/20/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
phase 3

To kill him as a barb, grab a 2 hander with ~1100 dps and some str.

Basically this. Ive seen inferno videos of monks killing the guy with 1200dps daibo in under 2 minutes. Truthfully, he doesnt hit that hard - only his meteors hurt, which are really really easy to dodge if you pay attention. Even then, getting hit once isnt going to one shot a barb/monk.

Ill be fighting him with 20K Dps (I bought a 1200daibo for 1million that gives me this number).

Everything else I use my good ole sword and shield
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]