Diablo® III

Blizz wanted constructive feedback...

06/20/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
Now, if you have feedback regarding what you think we could better with these mechanics, then please feel free to post your ideas and thoughts in this thread. I'll be reading along and relaying what you have to say.

Honestly, I think 1.03 was a worthwhile attempt at fixing some of these mechanics. But it also took some steps back as well.

First off, what was done right: White monsters are easier to kill now in Inferno, and don't kill us as easily. That was a good start. Also increased drop rates for lvl 60+ items was a good start.

Now where you (Blizzard) shot yourselves in the foot:
Repair costs were jacked up too high. I don't have as much issue with it as some in that I am still finding farming the right areas to be profitable--as a DH. But many, many other players aren't. That's a problem.

I personally think that farming urns/chests/barrels etc was boring too. But now I don't even bother with them. If I hit a few as I'm fighting and stuff pops out, great, but I never go out of my way to pop these things any more. If most of your player base is doing that rather than killing mobs, that's a problem. But nerfing their drops doesn't really address WHY that problem is happening in the first place. If you stop to ask yourselves why people are doing this, two answers should be immediately obvious. Either monsters are too hard, or farming chests is too fast. I think the real answer for most players was that monsters were too hard, and not worth the risk/reward. Here's why:

Champ affix combos still need more fixing. There are simply some combos that should never happen. Reflects Damage + Vampric shouldn't happen. Vampric + Shielding/Extra Health just should never happen. Invuln Minions + Fast/Shielding/Teleport/Reflects Damage/Vampric/Extra Health should never happen. Teleport + Fire Chains/Mortar/Waller just shouldn't happen. These are combos that are very hard, if not impossible to counter. And when you get to inferno and find something like Reflects Damage+Vampric+Shielding+Extra Health forget it. That's GG. There's no amount of DPS or survival that can over come that. Or things like Vortex+Jailer+ Fire Chains+Arcane Enchanted should never happen. No amount of survival is going to overcome that. And these are all very common affixes.

Reducing rare drops (even though it was only slightly) was a mistake. I'm also seeing smaller gold drops. For example in A1 Inferno I used to frequently single stacks of gold for 800 to 1k drop from a single mob. Now the most I'm seeing is 600-800. Not a huge nerf, but it adds up quickly.

Crafting Inferno quality items is still too expensive. It doesn't look like it was changed at all. And that's where it needed the most help.

Lastly, a serious question, and really hoping for a blue response. Why do you feel the need to nerf all of our good abilities? Why do you feel the need to nerf an item stat just because it happens to be very strong, like IAS? The mistake you're making is trying to balance Diablo 3 like it is an MMO when it is not an MMO. Should boss fights be a cake walk with good enough gear? Absolutely! Should we be able to roflstomp our way through A3 and A4 Inferno with the right gear? Absolutely. ANY class should be able to. And really any BUILD should be able to as well. I understand some people want uber hard. That's what Hardcore should be for. Classes should be balanced so that any class, WITH ANY BUILD should be able to beat Diablo on Inferno difficulty. They should be balanced so that no class stands out as being much stronger or much weaker than any other. If that means making them all OP then that's how it should be.

No matter how hard you make the game, someone will always find a way to beat it, and eventually lots of people will, and some of those people will always complain it's too easy. There's people out there who say that Super Ghouls and Ghosts was too easy. I doubt there are many, but they're out there. And that frequently has gotten ranked as one of the hardest, if not the hardest, games of all time.

You claim to want to open the game up to a broader audience. I may be wrong but I really think the majority of players want the game to be easier and be able to play the game our way. And I don't see how jacking repair costs accomplishes that. I don't see how nerfing stats without buffing others does that. What it does do is force everyone towards using the RMAH, and really I don't think the majority of players want that either.
Edited by Soulseeker78#1203 on 6/20/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
NT did not need a nerf. Uninstalling now.
Reply Quote
the game has gone from bad to worse. it slow and boring now. i dont feel like an epic hero rather an ant that slowely chips away untill a monster is dead.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Daezd
i dont feel like an epic hero rather an ant that slowely chips away untill a monster is dead.

This is exactly why I say that Blizzard seems to be balancing it like an MMO. In an MMO having 40 ants chipping away at a god-like boss is fun for most of the player base.

Most of the Diablo player base, and folks who tend to stick with single-player games in general, wants to get AWAY from that.

We want to feel like the epic hero, not an ant.

And we don't want to feel forced to use the RMAH to get that epic hero feeling.
Edited by Soulseeker78#1203 on 6/20/2012 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
going to move this and repost in the thread the blue post was in, as long as it's not full.

edit: nvm. Other thread is now full.
Edited by Soulseeker78#1203 on 6/20/2012 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can I just ask, are the ppl that QQ about repair cost those that never use auction house to sell but only buy? Do they have like less than 100k gold or something? The repair costs have no effect on my income and I play WD/Melee wiz in Act 1 inferno(haven't tried other acts yet). A lot more rare drops too; my friends and i basically had a full inventory of rares. I've sold some of my items that I've found for ~3m altogether and thats only after 2 Act 1 runs. This patch actually made my WD better because I switched out most of my IAS gear for crit/crit chance. I attack slow but crits for 300K make up for that(with soul harvest stacks).
Reply Quote
Feedback?

Start playing d2. ignore d3.

I rather play a game worth my time with lousy graphics, then to play something not worth my time and makes me sleepy.....
Reply Quote
Constructive solution:

Fire:

Jay Wislon

Hire:
David Brevik
Stieg Hedlund
Erich Schaefer
Chase Clements
Max Schaefer
Eric Sexton

you are the MAN !!! i wouldnt find better words for a constructive feedback. Schaefer's were the real deal. RIP Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
06/20/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Angelpaladin
They want constructive criticism that agrees with them and what they do.... aka they want to be praised.

No, they want constructive feedback in ANY way, shape, or form.

You don't have to agree with them, you just have to play nicely.

Or else sometimes your toys get taken away and you have to sit in the corner.
Reply Quote
+1 in agreement to Original Post
Reply Quote
the game isnt fun anymore. it costs to much to play in a party, so none of my friends group up. everyone is afraid of dying so they stay in a game by themselves. how is this fun at all?
Reply Quote
+1 OP. This is exactly how the game should be.
Reply Quote
the problem is not the cost of repairs, if you choose to have no survival thats your problem.

the issue is that classes built to survive (melee in most cases) end up spending too much gold on repairs just because they loose durability in combat.

example, and ive actually done this:

found elite mob on my dh, killed with two deaths - 6.5k repair (fine with that, i died twice)
found elite mob on my monk, killed with no deaths - 4k repair costs...

wtf?

they need to either reduce the durability loss for fighting (which they force us to do by removing all other forms of mf) or the need to reduce repair costs and just significantly up the durability loss for deaths

if you die, you get stung in the pocket - fair enough i agree with blizz 100%

but the current system has you being stung for building survivability, which is supposedly what they want us to do..?
Reply Quote
My constructive feedback....

Once players has completed the Diablo 3 at any difficulty level they will get the gold find,mf buff when fighting elite/unique packs & bosses

rinse and repeat for nightmare hell and inferno difficulty

this will allow players with different skill levels to replay previous difficulty levels and add replayability to the gamers.

also i am still waiting a IAS buff on daibos look at it most monks DW or Weapon-Shield

and i refused to change just because your nerf everything formula. Until then i just going to create more Jay Wilson hardcore characters
Edited by URBER#6794 on 6/20/2012 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Amocoru
Lastly, a serious question, and really hoping for a blue response. Why do you feel the need to nerf all of our good abilities? Why do you feel the need to nerf an item stat just because it happens to be very strong, like IAS? The mistake you're making is trying to balance Diablo 3 like it is an MMO when it is not an MMO. Should boss fights be a cake walk with good enough gear? Absolutely! Should we be able to roflstomp our way through A3 and A4 Inferno with the right gear? Absolutely. ANY class should be able to. And really any BUILD should be able to as well. I understand some people want uber hard. That's what Hardcore should be for. Classes should be balanced so that any class, WITH ANY BUILD should be able to beat Diablo on Inferno difficulty. They should be balanced so that no class stands out as being much stronger or much weaker than any other. If that means making them all OP then that's how it should be.

This....for the love of Darwin, THIS.

Agreed x 5 nv stacks.

Who cares if we are strong or not in this game. It's D ... I ... A ... B ... L ... O not the bloody Olympics.
Reply Quote
I believe that the were some good things about the patch, but that doesnt cover up that 99% of the patch was bad/over done. Fixing player glitches (for instance Monk with the serenity glitch was good *thumbs up*) but the attack speed reduced to 50% was totally a wrong move. People have different builds, mine was attack speed (i play monk) and now im attacking like i'm weilding a duel handed weapon. Also my damage dropped over 1000 and the repair cost greatly effected melee class far more than ranged. I can personally deal with the repair costs but the attack speed should be put back to the way it was. Eliminating that is reducing the over all personal build (your own unique way of playing your Hero) The damage reduction also hurt because the game is nothing but kiting now, there is no EPIC HERO, your a fly dodging fly swatters and electric lamps. I think that just the mobs could have gotten a boost rather than reducing our Heros because it makes up feel like we are going backwards now after all these hours of playing hard to get what we have. Hope this helps in some type a way and hope that most of the players complaints/ideas get answered. Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]