Diablo® III

Inferno Cydaea....wtf

yeah, any fight with hordes of little baddies is completely trivial for a melee mage with CM. lololol permafreeze ujelly?
Reply Quote
I farmed her for ages pre-patch and just fought her for the first time post-patch.

It took me about 3x as long to kill her. Part of it because of the AS nerf, the other part because I actually had to focus on killing spiders at a few segments, otherwise they'd kill me. Beyond that, I drank maybe 5 or 6 potions, where in the past I'd usually take 0.

Then when reward time comes, naturally you only get 1 guaranteed yellow now, which ended up being iLvL 56... so it was pretty frustrating.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Priest
I farmed her for ages pre-patch and just fought her for the first time post-patch.

It took me about 3x as long to kill her. Part of it because of the AS nerf, the other part because I actually had to focus on killing spiders at a few segments, otherwise they'd kill me. Beyond that, I drank maybe 5 or 6 potions, where in the past I'd usually take 0.

Then when reward time comes, naturally you only get 1 guaranteed yellow now, which ended up being iLvL 56... so it was pretty frustrating.

mind linking your stats/detailed stats? I currently don't have the dps to get down all the spiders before she comes back down at 40.5k.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Triumph
I think they got a little over enthusiastic with making boss fights more annoying so people won't farm them.

"We want harder, more interesting boss fights Blizzard"

-Siegebreaker, Belial, Cydaea, Butcher, and a few others buffed in 1.03

"OMG BLIZZARD, BOSSES ARE TOO HARD, NERF!"

areyouf$#%ingkiddingme.jpg
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Zack
I think they got a little over enthusiastic with making boss fights more annoying so people won't farm them.

"We want harder, more interesting boss fights Blizzard"

-Siegebreaker, Belial, Cydaea, Butcher, and a few others buffed in 1.03

"OMG BLIZZARD, BOSSES ARE TOO HARD, NERF!"

areyouf$#%ingkiddingme.jpg

Yeah adding enrage timers to boss fights made them soo much more interesting. /sarcasm
Reply Quote

mind linking your stats/detailed stats? I currently don't have the dps to get down all the spiders before she comes back down at 40.5k.

Can't pull up the detailed info from work, but roughly 40K dps, 600 resist-all w/ pristmatic, and 40k hp.

For the most part, I just drop venom hydra wherever she is, run out of her range and blizzard the spiders around the room, tossing the odd piercing orb in there to hit them all. As I circle around to see her again, re-drop a hydra, take a few shots in and repeat the marathon.

I don't think you have to kill all the spiders before she comes down, but it's certainly a run and gun style fight. Drop Blizzard wherever you are standing or were standing, or will be standing (as mobs will path/spawn there).
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Ganelon
Yeah adding enrage timers to boss fights made them soo much more interesting. /sarcasm

It ensures people aren't cheesing the difficulty, and making players make intelligent gear/talent decisions for those particular encounters.
Edited by Zack#1629 on 6/20/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well the main issue is that spiderlings refuse to clump up -.-
running arcane hydra / orb only so my aoe radius pretty much sucks, makes it a real pain to kill them... im sure with venom hydra or blizzard things would work out better but dont wanna change my spec for that. Took me 5 trys or so to kill her at 28k dps. Maybe some more dmg/crit% would solve the issue tho.

i dont mind if spiderlings spread out after spawn, but it should at least be possible to get them closer by moving around :/
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 05:44 PMPosted by CKbrah
ur doing it wrong, blizz / shock orb / hydra, ditch the dumb arcane build.

*ahem* Build diversity.

That aside I've been able to run through nearly the entire game running anything but Blizzard/Hydra/Piercing Orb. Mainly because I absolutely hate that build... Talk about a bore. Arcane Orb w/ Tap the Source + AP on crit + ~2 aps = FUN FUN FUN for the whole family. Too bad about the IAS nerf T_T
Reply Quote
Arcane Dynamo + Disint(Chaos Nexus).

kite kite kite BUUUUUURRNNNNkitekitekiteBURRRRNNNNNN

195 (disint) * 1.75 (dynamo) = Stronger than archon beam and it hits everything nearby for 70% at your attack speed.

Blizzard is good DPCast, but horrible !@#$ for DPS.

arcane hydra for aoe slow
Reply Quote
After tried for 15-20 times , I finally managed to kill her...with hydra+ blizzard + archon...harm her with venom hydra and use blizzard to slow down and kill the spiders....after 1/3 of her hp gone, use archon to wipe out everything ... BUT HONESTLY !! It was freakin hard that cost me a lot of money to repair !
Reply Quote
Here's how I beat her on my 3rd try:

Spells:
Magic Weapon - Force
Energy Armor - Force
Familiar - Sparkflint
Slow Time - Time Warp
Magic Missile - Seeker (Whatever primary you want, I didn't end up using it)
Archon - Improved
Glass Cannon
Blur
Arcane Dynamo

Strategy:
1. Get 5 stacks of arcane dynamo before the fight.
2. Run up to her, she will move and then jump to a different place.
3. Place your slow time bubble on her.
4. Back up a bit, pop archon, use the disintegrate spell, and hold it down on her.
5. Win?

That's all I had to do, killed her without moving even once while in archon. Remember arcane dynamo only effects the first attack so make sure your close enough if she moves you can still hit her. The slow time will slow her projectiles a lot and also do that 20% more damage. Just burn her down as fast as you can, I didn't have to worry about the spiders or anything.

My stats for the fight.
53k dps with those spells.
23k hp
~200 resists
1.67 APS
39% crit chance
195% crit dmg
Reply Quote
Meh for melee wiz she's a cakewalk
Reply Quote
This
http://www.twitch.tv/wharr/b/323819878
Reply Quote
View profile
im a melee wizards and she was a cakewalk for me and my group cause i kept freezing her and her adds. the rest of the group provided the extra dps to finish her off
Reply Quote
manageed to kill it after 15 tries lawl. kill her before she goes up.
Reply Quote
I thought she was ridiculous as well....then i just went archon with WW and CM....use diamond skin when not in archon. The spiders feed your archon duration, and it's easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]