Diablo® III

Ghom Inferno as Monk

07/09/2012 09:35 AMPosted by DrunkenMasta
This is how you beat him. Get 2200 LOH and 1000 all resist. Sit there hold shift and click until he dies. You can also face tank him with 1800 loh, but it requires spamming mantras and heals. Need at least 20 k dps. I'm on 36 k dps unbuffed. Also make sure to use sweeping wind.

2200 LoH and 1k AR with 20k+ dps ... the whole point of this thread is to try and help people beat Ghom without dropping huge amounts of cash in the AH. Thank you for completely failing to do that.
Reply Quote
buy the highest loh weapon you can find and the lowest price then facetank the !@#$ out of him. it might take you 5-10 min to kill him but you will do it
Reply Quote
You really don't need ridiculous stats. You need around 20k dps buffed, possibly a bit less, to kill him before the enrage hits.

Survivability is also very important. You need to be able to take a few ticks of gas here and there, rotate potions in whenever you can, as they have the longest cd of anything. Breath of Heaven, Serenity, and LoH (or LpSS, LpS) should be enough to just keep you alive.

To the post above me, you don't have 5-10 minutes. His enrage is 4 minutes. So, unless you have like 1600 resists and 15k armor, don't expect to be able to sit in clouds and facetank him.
Edited by Jooby#1640 on 7/9/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I made a thread yesterday with a video for how to.
750 res was enough to handle him with 23K dps unbuffed (730 LoH)
No need of ridiculous amount of res nor 2000 LoH...

Watch the video here (It's easier to watch the video than reading...):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037346043

It's hard but it is very possible. Seems like you need 20K DPS unbuffed to make it before the timer runs out, though. and some LoH and timely buffs.
Edited by Tunagoblin#1751 on 7/9/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978351106

Here's a link to a Monk guide I made for killing Ghom with normal gear.

If it helps you kill him, please "thumbs-up" and request a sticky. Thanks, and good luck!
Edited by Hades#1850 on 7/9/2012 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What the heck, here's the post:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978351106

I just wanted to share what worked for me after a lot of trial and error, as well as 500k gold in repair bills. -_- I'm going to provide as much info as I can to increase the likelihood that you'll find something useful in my post, and maybe it will save you some gold in the process!

[If the following helps you, make sure to give the post a "thumbs-up" so others can see it too. Thanks.]

GEAR:
My gear isn't bad at all, but it's not crazy. I killed him without zerging him down via ridiculous dps. In fact, he died with not much time left before enrage.

MY STATS:
  • Damage: 18699.14 (21504.01 w/ Blazing Wrath)
  • Dexterity: 1546
  • Vitality: 970
  • Armor: 5762
  • Attacks per Second: 1.58
  • Crit Chance: 23.5% (Amulet–5%, Gloves–5%, Shield–8.5%)
  • Crit Damage: 75% (Ring–25%)
  • Block Amount: 2794–3704
  • Block Chance: 16%
  • Dodge Chance: 35.5%
  • Damage Reduction: 65.76%
  • Resist to All: 506 (One with Everything)
  • Health: 42098
  • Life Bonus: 23%
  • Life Per Second: 149
  • Life Steal: 0%
  • Life on Hit: 907 (Amulet–536, Legs–71, Gem-300)
  • Spirit Regen: 1.32 (Helm–1.32)

BUILD:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aigXRk!XUY!YYabaa
    This build utilizes Transcendence via high Spirit regeneration, resulting in very reliable, consistent healing. It allows the player to use Mantra of Conviction as a clutch heal (as well as a damage boost). With Serenity, Breath of Heaven, Inner Sanctuary, and a little Life on Hit, this build provides enough healing to survive poison clouds that do otherwise unsurvivable damage. If your damage is relatively high compared to mine, you might consider using a different Mantra – one that can make up for a stat that might be relatively low compared to mine.

TIPS:
  • Make sure to start the encounter with both Mantra and Blazing Wrath active and with max Spirit.
  • When the fight begins, run to Ghom by going behind, and around, the left side of the front-left pillar. This places the first poison cloud in a favorable spot for kiting.
  • Use Sweeping Wind and Serenity right away to get your Sweeping Wind stacks to three asap.
  • Kite Ghom counter-clockwise slowly around the room ("And when I say slowly, I mean ******* slow! Many gas clouds. Handle it!"), starting as close to the front-left pillar as possible.
  • Patience is key to kiting him effectively. He is fat and slow, and you will be worried about your Sweeping Wind stacks falling. Just wait for him to walk his happy *** over to you. You will be generating a lot of Spirit, so hit Sweeping Wind again to refresh the stacks without hitting him. Worst case, just let the stacks fall. Do not stand in the poison clouds for any reason.
  • Each time you move out of one poison cloud, stay as close to that cloud as you can without actually taking damage from it, and, again, wait for him to come to you.
  • Kill the adds quickly (unless they are sitting in a poison cloud). There's already enough damage going around as it is.
  • Once you get a feel for when he is about to spawn his adds, time your Inner Sanctuary with the add spawns. This will give you extra healing while you nuke them down, and it provides a barrier that Ghom has to walk around to get to you, limiting the damage you take while adds are up.
  • The "super-special-ancient-Chinese-secret" of this build is repeatedly healing yourself with Mantra. I only had the 62 life-per-spirit from Transcendence, so the heal was only 4650, but it has no CD, and can be used really frequently b/c of all the spirit regen in the build. Long story short, it's clutch.

• Lastly, if your dps is like mine, be ready to get him down to 5-10% health and then die from enrage a few times. He'll enrage, which will make you enrage. You two will share a moment.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll give the best info I can.

Good Luck!
Edited by Hades#1850 on 7/9/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You really don't need ridiculous stats. You need around 20k dps buffed, possibly a bit less, to kill him before the enrage hits.

Survivability is also very important. You need to be able to take a few ticks of gas here and there, rotate potions in whenever you can, as they have the longest cd of anything. Breath of Heaven, Serenity, and LoH (or LpSS, LpS) should be enough to just keep you alive.

To the post above me, you don't have 5-10 minutes. His enrage is 4 minutes. So, unless you have like 1600 resists and 15k armor, don't expect to be able to sit in clouds and facetank him.

Agreed, I struggled a lot on Ghom at first. My kill was at roughly 700 resists, 24k dps, and about 800 LoH. The life on hit did the trick for me. I had been running without previously, relying on strong defense and offense to survive thru cooldowns and health globes, but I couldn't put out enough dps on Ghom before he enraged because I was running for my life too much. The life on hit allowed me to switch up to MoC Overawe and put more dps on him.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
06/19/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Cliche
Just tank on top of him and kite him on the outside of the room and then back in, in a square. By the time you're on the inside you can kite him back on the outside.

This is pretty much it, it's a simple encounter. Much like Grobbulus from Naxxramus in WoW WOTLK.
Reply Quote
This encounter is straight out of WOW.

You can do it under 20k dps, as low as 14, but you better be really good.

With over 2k LPS and decent LOH (400) with 900+ resists you can stand on top of him.
Reply Quote
Blizzard buffed act 3 without telling us. I killed him easily with undergeared mOnk after ias nerf. Now my monk, which is great, can feel the difference between now and right after nerf
Reply Quote
He's not impossible. Lvl 60 monk 620 resist 37k hp. 23k dps unbuffed. The trick is to 1. Have patience. 2. Kite him around the outside of the room minding to step JUST outside of his gas cloud. Continue in a circle and by the time you've reached the other side of the room the gas cloud there will start to dissipate. 3. Use..defensive..abilities..wisely. 4. I tried around 40 different combinations before i finally found one that worked for me. Killing this guy was THE most rewarding thing I've done in this game to date.P.S. one tip i can give you is to find some Life Regen gear. Once i did this it simplified things a lot.Here's the exact build I killed him with if you're interested http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bXijQg!ZUX!Zbccca
Reply Quote
What is even going on here? This fight is easy.

27K HP 850 All res 32k DPS with 1k LoH and it honestly couldn't be an easier fight if you understand how to do it. If you really need to be shown how to win this fight, add me.
Edited by Coffee#1942 on 7/9/2012 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is how you beat him. Get 2200 LOH and 1000 all resist. Sit there hold shift and click until he dies. You can also face tank him with 1800 loh, but it requires spamming mantras and heals. Need at least 20 k dps. I'm on 36 k dps unbuffed. Also make sure to use sweeping wind.

2200 LoH and 1k AR with 20k+ dps ... the whole point of this thread is to try and help people beat Ghom without dropping huge amounts of cash in the AH. Thank you for completely failing to do that.

Than that just proves that people who attempt this are "under geared." Ever since the new patch, it's almost impossible to beat him unless you are geared enough. Player skill can only get you as far as your gear. If you guys can't beat him solo, I recommend grouping up with some players that can. I was lucky enough to find a high dmg and 900+ loh weapon that makes my life much easier. I'm willing to help you kill Ghom OP if you want to pass him.
Edited by DrunkenMasta#1757 on 7/9/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
this fight isnt too bad really, just need gear. after trying several specs i realised there is only a few things you need for this.

deadly reach to hit him from outside cloud while he walks to you
face tank him until he uses poison cloud, them immediately run just out of range of it
need fair bit of damage

the only thing that kills you is not getting out of the clouds quick enough or moving too much and therefore letting the cloud go everwhere.

the only reason this is hard now is because now when he makes a cloud there is one where he stands and one where you do. the idea is to make it so you are standing on him when he does it so they overlap and therefore there is closer to 1 cloud worth of area rather than 2
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Just kite him around the room in a square. If you do it right, by the time you get to the first puddle it will have dissipated.

My stats when i killed him:

600 resists
19.9k DPS
7k Armor
34k HP
LoH 151

Spec:

mantra of conviction: Over awe
Serinity: Ascension
Blinding Flash: Faith In the Light
Sweeping Wind: Blade Storm
Breath of heaving: Blazing Wrath

Mantra of conviction and Sweeping wind makes the DPS check a non issue for killing him in time.
Reply Quote
Just killed ghom last night, stats unbuffed:

HP: 49K
Resist: 780
Armor: 4K
DPS: 20K
LOH: 1.1K
ASPD: 1,74

Spec:
Fist of thunder - Bounding light
Sweeping wind - Firestorm
Serenity - Peacefull repose
Breath of heaven - Blazing wrath
Blinding Flash - Faith in light
Mantra of conviction - Overawe

Passive:
One with everything
Resolve
Seize the initiative

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aigXYk!UZX!cbabca

Ghom pattern:

1. He squeeze his body farting cloud gas in two area, one is in his body and second is in you in a same time.
2. He throw 3 slimy ooze to you
3. He chase you and doing 2 physical attack and a vomit
4. Rinse and repeat

How its work:
1. At the beginning of battle, he will fart two gas cloud, one in him, second is whenever you are.
2. Run to him hit your mantra and retreat a little outside of his gas.
3. He will throw slimy ooze and run at you.
4. Focus your hit on slimy ooze to get as much as LOH only when Ghom is far away,Ghom will get hit by your Bounding light and sweeping wind though
5. When he charge you, change your target to ghom, watch his 2 physical attack and the last hit is just like he's vomiting.
6. Hit your blinding flash and add one or two hit to him
7. when he start to squeeze his body and farting, run just outside his body, you will get hurt a bit, but not gonna make you die. Most important thing is DON'T run before he's farting, if you run before he fart, the result will be two gas cloud, one in him and one in you, and before you realize, the room will be full with gas.
8 If you get too long inside his gas, the gas will damage over time. Stop the DOT with Serenity OR Breath of heaven OR blood ball.
9. After he fart, he will throw slimy ball to you, hit the ooze to damage and get life on hit as much as you can.
10. Ghom will charge afterward and because of that he's moving out from his gas, Hit Mantra to maximize your damage output and hit him as hard as you can.
11. Rinse and repeat. Just kite him along the area of battle.

This battle is easy if you can maximize your damage output when he charge at you. Don't get too comfortable hitting him, as soon as he fart...gtfo as fast as you could... and if you got hurt with his dot, stop it with Serenity or Breath of heaven.

NB: sorry for bad english... and good luck...
Edited by AyamSayur#1458 on 7/10/2012 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep, kiting with FoT instead of DR made it a lot easier to kill Ghom.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG7WLQvfDoM&feature=youtu.be

Video of me killing Ghom with 800 life on hit, 25k damage, 580 AR, 30k hp, 25% crit, 195% increased crit damage. Not nearly geared enough to stand in the poison, so I actually used the strategy that was intended to kill him.
Reply Quote
me vs Ghom Inferno. After try to @### him with 1 33 and another monk, we still get @###d by his fart smoke, so I try to change to keen eye and solo him. My LOH 600, dps 37k Buffed, HP 33K, 724 resist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpzA6YwTEUo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]