Diablo® III

Ghom Inferno as Monk

Use both Fot/Thunderclap and Deadly Reach. Have adequate LoH. Bang on him up close spamming your mantra (with Transcendence passive) and hitting your heals until all your defensives are on cooldown, then move out of the gas cloud and Deadly Reach him so you can keep your sweeping wind/cyclones up. I've never really had an issue with Ghom using that strategy.
Reply Quote
Was quite easy to me post 1.0.4. I killed him with my very first try. My dps only 20k+ with 34k hp, 600+ LoH and 760 resist. Just make sure you don't stay inside his gas, walk away from the poison gas. I think not that hard...
Reply Quote
I beat ghom first try. Key is to just run like a little girl when he starts clouding like nuts.

All you really need is some good life on hit and like 600+ resists and it isnt a big problem. Also get lots of crit and use sweeping wind cyclones they're silly stronk dmg.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shaitara-1513/hero/3545883

my stats were a little lower when I beat him but thats about it for me. Build wise you have your 3 oh !@#$ buttons and honestly you dont need a defensive mantra unless you feel you really need the resists. I imagine I coudl do ghom very very quickly now with my current gear haha.
Reply Quote
post 1.04 Ghom is easier.... back then I couldnt solo him but now with only few tries, I solo-ed him...

my resist is just 680 :)
Reply Quote
i had big problems at first with Ghom, who i just reached yesterday.
But after reading this, I was able to just tank him at close range, after swiching to LOH setup.
My previous setup has no life on hit.
I bought 2 random brass knucks, with 900+ LOH each, cost 50,000 and 75,000 gold on AH
Also 2 rings and amulet, with just a single stat, LOH, each costing 50,000 or something.
I used MOH with extra resists rune, and FOT with thunderclap.
Left click to win.
Just hold down left click, and spam mantra, heal, serenity, potion if necessary.
I did not even move away from the fart gasses once.
I use the passive skill to make all resists match my highest resist, and then stack both physical resists and all resistances wherever i can, which is a cheap setup.
resists = 736 w\ mantra
armor = 5189
dmg = 10366
passive = one with everything, seize the initiative, beacon of ytar
This is not the setup i have been running, but it worked great for Ghom
Reply Quote
yup got trashed by ghom pretty good until I got experienced enough with kiting him.
Reply Quote
I have easily killed him twice in a good group after the patch.
1000+ Res
0 LoH
2400+/s Life Regen
10k dps

I can't really do any worthwhile damage so basically I just sit in front of him and annoy him to death while everyone else sat back at range. I may have to step back two or three times during the fight to let myself heal but then i'm right back in motorboating his demon-bewbs.
Reply Quote
I beat Ghom on my second attempt ever on Inferno last night with my current setup. You just have to know when you can stand in and attack. Best time to attack is when he melee's or spews his slime minions. BF:FitL -> SSS:FO wrecked him.

I killed him with 5 stacks also ;D Crap drops of course haha
Reply Quote
I managed to beat him pretty easily with about 800 resist, 500 LoH, and 20k dps unbuffed. I used serenetiy with duration buff, heal with damage buff, blinding light with damage buff, MoE with armor buff, sweeping winds w/ tornadoes, and FoT with thunderclap.

Main points are make sure you combo your skills and keep sweeping winds up the entire fight. Let ghom come to you and you shouldn't have a problem with gas filling the screen. Then just attack him and when he poops his gas cloud pop serenity and blinding light and just !@#$ on him for those 3 seconds.

Another very important thing is too pop all of your damage buffs BEFORE you activate sweeping winds. The damage is calculated once at the start (I think) so you want to make sure it is doing as much as possible. This wasn't a very hard fight I don't think. Just make sure you are moving him efficiently around the arena and not kiting more than necessary.
Reply Quote
I just beat Ghom for the first time on Inferno! Better yet, I finally managed to beat him with a setup I actually run in-game, so I am sure I can come back and beat him with a full stack of NV.

I'm wearing the gear I killed him with, but here's the rundown in case I change the gear later:

45K health
18.5K DPS
367 resistance
6,750 armor (includes Enchantress), 7,929 armor (includes Hard Target)
1,400 thorns (every little bit helps in a long melee fight!)
445 LPS
246 LPH
666K effective health (includes MoE's dodge and armor buffs, plus Enchantress; i think dodge works on clouds and environment, but I'm not sure)

Skills:

WotHF: Fists of Fury
Lashing Tail Kick: Sweeping Armada
Serenity: Peaceful Repose
Sweeping Wind: Master of Wind
Seven-Sided Strike: Sustained Attack
Mantra of Evasion: Hard Target

Passives:

OWE (of course)
Seize the Initiative (of course)
Exalted Soul (dead serious)

Looking at a lot of these posts, I might be the only Monk besides Roger not running at least two of BoH, Serenity, and Blinding Flash, and one of a few not running some form of MoC. Also, I seem to be the only player who posted a resistance under 500--and it's only 367! I think I might be the weakest Monk to beat Ghom in Inferno, so, umm . . . go, me! :)

More later. Time for bed!
Reply Quote
I was stuck on this fat @$$ for a couple of days as well... but after changing weapon to those with LoH and skills like serenity / sweeping wind / blinding flash... managed to kill him on 1st attempt :)

am not sure whether it is coincidence that the fight was made easier after patch 1.05 though.. was stuck when facing him on patch 1.04 all this while..

my stats were nothing spectacular when i kill him.. dps only 15k plus, life of nearly 45k, resistance ~400 unbuffed.. LoH was less than 1k. :)
Reply Quote
I currnetly have 1800 loh and i can solo him all day. But the imo loh is usless without high attack speed.
Reply Quote
It's effing bull$&*^ Blizzard. I didn't buy this game to have to go ask people to join me to help. There should not be a part of the game that's unpassable because of the class of character you have.
Reply Quote
It's effing bull$&*^ Blizzard. I didn't buy this game to have to go ask people to join me to help. There should not be a part of the game that's unpassable because of the class of character you have.

There isn't,Good job bumping a 6 month old thread
Reply Quote

I think maybe bunny killers enrage Ghom. ^.^

But really, it's not impossible. I had a problem with Ghom on my first pass-through on Inferno, too.

Do this: Switch either NDE or Exalted Soul for STI (and maybe even the other for Resolve or Transcendence), and choose a single resist to stack with all res, since you're using OWE. Your armor and resists are quite low.

There are also plenty of good-natured monks here that would be happy to pull you through (me included). :)
Reply Quote
hehe. Soloing Ghom after 1.03(and before 1.04 when they re-nerfed him again), was a major high point in my monk career. This thread brings back fond memories, of days when 35k DPS was considered monumental, and my 27k DPS with 1200 AR was considered pretty damn good, LOL! I soloed my entire way through the game on my monk, never took any help from anyone to do anything.
Reply Quote
Holy necropost, Batman!
Reply Quote
oh well, since we're at it. Let me side-track a bit,

any advise to clear Belial MP10? I keep dying to the poison all over the narrow pathway.
Reply Quote
oh well, since we're at it. Let me side-track a bit,

any advise to clear Belial MP10? I keep dying to the poison all over the narrow pathway.

Check this thread friend, it will help you out a lot with your concern. :D
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/7/2013 2:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]