Diablo® III

Arcagnion...

(Locked)

you're doing a great job here!

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it and I'm sure many others do too.

Thanks!
- Diablo III
View profile
I have to agree, he/she(how about letting us know on that one lol) is doing the best they can with the resources given too them.

I know people want more, but I'm sure he/she(seriously tell us that haha) personally is doing all they can for us.
lets call it SHIM
Community Manager
Is this thread a trap? :)
I am a 'he' the last time I checked.
Seriously, thanks for the support!
i do believe this is a trap to see whether u guys are actually here and reading or not LOLz...
Are community managers based in Cal? Is there a profile I can read about your job and the pay etc? Not to use as ammo, just curious what exactly you do on a day-2-day basis. The worker profiles released on the lead-up to D3 were interesting but it seemed most of them worked 12+ hrs a day.
Community Manager
06/20/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Marc
Are community managers based in Cal? Is there a profile I can read about your job and the pay etc? Not to use as ammo, just curious what exactly you do on a day-2-day basis. The worker profiles released on the lead-up to D3 were interesting but it seemed most of them worked 12+ hrs a day.

Do mean the day in the life of - interview with Micah Whipple?
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/b20/interviews.html#thirdInterview

Most days are long and forum moderation is just one part of each CMs role. For example part of my role is in eSports and that takes up a fair amount of time.
Ah cool, I did read that 1 - I remember the awesome garb. Do you work wierd hrs since you manage Au forums?
Yep Arc is doing a great job in the AU/NZ forums. I am happy to see him as our CM.
Arcagion how much +Vit. does that Garb have? And would you trade it for a rare xbow that has been nerfed due to the recent patch (Att. speed). Or I have a wopping 300+k I can give you, but then I wouldn't be able to have any glod to repair...NVM.
Arcagnion has the uneviable job of representing Blizzard to a community that Blizzard clearly has no intention of truly supporting. I think that overall he is doing a good job within the constraints of his position though I would like a simple YES/NO to the OUTSTANDING and single most IMPORTANT question facing the AUS NZ community...

DOES BLIZZARD HAVE ANY INTENTION OF PROVIDING LOCALISED SERVERS FOR AUS/NZ IN THE NEAR FUTURE?

Simple question to which I know there is an answer. Just tell us man... so we can all shut up and move on.
Simple question to which I know there is an answer. Just tell us man... so we can all shut up and move on.

We want a shrubbery!!!
Slisk - i think if Arc was allowed to answer that he would. Honestly, i highly doubt we will get local servers, but blizz being blizz they will never admit that.

I think Arc has specific instructions to not touch the issue with a 50ft pole (not dissing Arc, it's his bosses' fault).

at least thats what i think
- Diablo III
View profile
I agree with you CreamPuff, no offence to Arc but its pretty common knowledge that CM's are restricted on allot of things they are aloud to comment on, it sucks but that's the way companies work they don't want to say something that could turn into bad PR.
Is this thread a trap? :)
Seriously, thanks for the support!

Curious, is your name pronounced Arc ag nion, arc ay nian or Arc ayni on?

Silly question, but I just can't decide!
Slisk - i think if Arc was allowed to answer that he would. Honestly, i highly doubt we will get local servers, but blizz being blizz they will never admit that.

I think Arc has specific instructions to not touch the issue with a 50ft pole (not dissing Arc, it's his bosses' fault).

at least thats what i think

I know that Arc can't help us. And I don't envy his position in all this and I think he is doing as good a job as he can.

I have lots of friends who bought diablo 3 and without fail they all hate it because of the latency issue. The've all just moved on, but I was looking forward to Diablo 3 so much that I'm hanging around here being angry until I get an answer. I'd love to know if Arc is an AUS/NZ player, if so I can imagine he completely sympathises with how terribly blizzard is treating us. If not then I guess it's easier to put it down to nerd rage and ignore.
Edited by Slisk#6608 on 6/20/2012 7:31 AM PDT
I honestly think all the CMs do a very good job. I would hate the job, putting up with all the rubbish they cop. + 1 buddy.

So that would have been about 30 seconds ago if you were a typical male lol

Thanks for staying positive...I most def would have lost my cool and gone off at a fair few people by now.

I do really like the game, dont mid the recent patch changes however lag and rubberbanding is killing me :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]