Diablo® III

Whithermoths

I read a thread about an inferno DH that was having trouble with withermoths some time ago. I just wanted to share some information I aquired about the Withermoth so that people who fear them can be at ease.

The thing about the withermoth is, that it only showns itself when you get close, too close.

Well, that is folly. You can see where a Whithermoth is if you look closely. You see a moth-shaped pattern in the grass that almost has the same colour as its surroundings, but there's always a shimmer of blue that you can see.

So if you're scared to death by these things, just take caution in the Highlands and have a keen eye.

I hope this might save some Hardcore Characters' lives :)
Reply Quote
other things do this too. Champions and elties esp sometimes have a yellow ring or other graphical glitches, for example if about to pop out of the sand in act 2. Flying enemy "project" onto the ground as well if elite or champion. There are a lot of warnings in game.

The absolute #1 reason why I like my follower is that he points out champs and elites before I can see them. Also your character or the follower sometimes say other things if an enemy is near but unseen.....

Use those cues. They are all over the place, by intent or not (?).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]