Diablo® III

The TRUTH Behind 1.0.3 - Hidden Footprints!

Look! Hidden nerfprints!
06/21/2012 12:18 AMPosted by philwinkel
I understand that the economy is completely screwed and they need to fix it. What pisses me off is Blizzard basically destroyed over 200 hours I put into this game and millions upon millions of gold because they made a !@#$ up. I should not be punished because of their %^-* up. Yet I am.

The IAS nerf was an extremely shady move. Shady, but unfortunately necessary.

Some may argue, "well, you're a dumbass, they announced the nerf a month prior to 1.0.3!". My thoughts are, if IAS was THAT imbalanced, how did they not notice during testing? (Obviously, a lack of testing)

So yeah, some people didn't heed the 1.0.3 Preview and they got burned on IAS, but I still say that was an extremely shady move on Blizzard's end.

I didn't personally spend money on the RMAH, but I feel really bad for people who purchased IAS gear, especially high end weapons, only to get nerfed by such a significant amount.

IAS nerf was not a necessary move. Their spin and lots of people think of it is a issue of balance. Balance towards what end? This is a non competitive game. The whole point of a game like Diablo is to smash monster and get loot.
nvm bumped
Edited by battlescars#1929 on 6/21/2012 12:28 AM PDT
06/20/2012 11:39 PMPosted by philwinkel
Patch 1.0.3 = damage control in an attempt to fix D3's economy and keep you playing.

Hold on a minute. You mean Blizzard wants to keep people playing its game? This is an outrage!
here's my tldr...

you and a bunch of ppl who put a3 and 4 on farm used every exploit possible to get it on farm status in the very first place. i.e. Act skip/goblin farm with checkpoints whatever you wanna put there. Drops came to you and the rest of ppl, who exploited game to hell, at so much ease, gold flow was pretty much unlimited, the inflation destroyed the AH for newcomers.

All Blizzard needed to do is wipe everything completely, but ofc such move would be to radical, so they nerfed everything to slow down gold influx from bots or whatever - i suppose least they can do, which only punished legitimate players.

Oh, sorry they nerfed your drop rates, so you could not make any more off RMAH.
Look! More hidden footprints!
Why did Blizzard nerf drop rates for top tier items?
Why did Blizzard up the repair costs?
Why did Blizzard completely disregard top tier players in A3/4 and cater to everyone else?

Surely it can't be because they want people to visit their RMAH and spend their money...

the truth they had to do this to give the general public a better gaming experience in order for the money to keep flowing in (the money is MAIN motivation of course)

When I join public games, most of the people don't even play right. let alone know what stacking IAS does. those casual gamers are the overwhelming majority compared to those who knew what they were doing.
I read your whole post...not sure what your point is though? Are you qutting because drops rates as a whole were nerfed? Or that the elite few farming 3/4 had their monoploy on the best items taken away? Or that is was falsey rolled out as an early Christmas and your quitting on moral grounds?

Not saying I disagree with your conclusions, I reached the same ones as you before even playing after the patch. Big time damge control (pun intended) on the skewed economy and the highly touted inferno difficuly turning into farmville a week after release. The game itself and the AH game within the game were both beat with embarrassing ease and they must really want to dial it back.

Is moving back an act or two to maximize your risk/reward (if you a farmer/ah tycoon) game breaking for you?

This is just my theory / opinion on what really happened with 1.0.3. It was something for players to look forward to, and keep them playing.

The biggest part of the patch was supposed to be the changes to loot. They made it sound like loot was going to be dropping like crazy once the patch came out. Nephalem Valor buff was going to guaranteed rares, and the fact that higher end loot would drop from easier acts.

BEFORE 1.0.3:

• The "1%" were able to farm high end, high iLvl gear, very quickly and easily
  • The "99%" were stuck, farming worthless junk, getting old of the game

AFTER 1.0.3:

• The "99%" perceive the changes as positive and interest in the game is rekindled because they are getting rares like crazy. but the rares are mostly worthless, and there is an extremely low drop rate on good items
  • Repair bills add a much-needed gold sink to D3
  • High end gear drops less, once the stuff on the AH sells out this high end gear will probably slowly increase in value again

I wasn't trying to complain or ragequit or anything, I'm just saying I think this is what happened. I don't know how to explain it in any more detail than that huge wall of text original post.
Messing around in HC while waiting for Torchlight 2.
Why did Blizzard nerf drop rates for top tier items?
Why did Blizzard up the repair costs?
Why did Blizzard completely disregard top tier players in A3/4 and cater to everyone else?

Surely it can't be because they want people to visit their RMAH and spend their money...

Apparentely you guys missed the elite in Developer Hell the rarespawn instance in place of a Defiled Cript. The elite "Jay Wilson" - Unburied Model - really is based on the real person with Vampire (RMAH), Desecrate(1.0.3), Reflect Damage(Working as Intended), and Invincible Minions ("aren't you thankful!?").
06/21/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Tokbirn
Patch 1.0.3 = damage control in an attempt to fix D3's economy and keep you playing.

Hold on a minute. You mean Blizzard wants to keep people playing its game? This is an outrage!

You're missing the point. They are doing in a very lame and shady way. If the game was fun and good they wouldn't have to try to keep people playing.
another thing i'd like to add is that they didn't nerf item levels. they nerfed the modifiers if my experience is correct. Things that used to be 100 int, 100 vit are now 60 dex 40 int
you really need to hit jackpot to get things like 200 int and 150 vit now days.
Man Im glad Im not the only one seeing this ACT3/4 Drops ABSOLUTE GARBAGE NOW! its insane! even the lvl61-63 rolls tend to be complete garbage. WTH did blizzard do, I farmed a Cydea-Azmodan run 4 times today and the day before.. and got maybe 2 AH worthy items the rest were all salvage and vendor.. complete waste of time playing this game now.
Edited by BelowZero#1346 on 6/21/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Drop rate on normal mobs is almost non-existent, also.

• Nephalem Valor guaranteed rares = Smoke Bomb, blinding you from the truth. The rate at which high-end (high iLvl) items are introduced to the game has been nerfed overall.
  • If you were farming acts 3/4 prior to 1.0.3, you will probably notice and either give up or give in. It doesn't matter, because you're the minority.
  • If you were stuck in acts 1/2 prior to 1.0.3, you have no idea. This does matter, because you're the majority, and the patch makes things "seem" better on the surface. You're more likely to continue playing.

This part doesn't make sense.

The majority get access to high-end (high iLvl) items.
The minority (The act 3 and 4 farmers) have to go back an act and farm.

Instead of the few farming high-end items now close to everyone got access to them in act 1 and 2.

It's now WAY easier to get good gear to progress to act 3 and beyond.
Something the average player have been asking for. Well at least the average forum cry baby.
As i said, the trend is not good,terrible.
The game is a loopy cycle to me. I want to farm gear to get stronger and better, and absolutely stomp Inferno. I want to Whirlwind through every act blowing up enemies in seconds. But you know what? I'm pretty sure even with the best gear that's not possible so... What are my options? I can farm gear with my Wizard pretty easily and... if I get an upgrade why should I keep it when I can make $$? It's not like it'll actually help me at attaining my goal of playing this game the way I want to play it. No.. everything powerful is nerfed, there's no feeling of a character actually becoming powerful. You either build tanky, or build dodgy/glass cannon that'll probably get nerfed more or you build some boring !@# kiting build. WHY CAN'T I JUST BLOW $%^- UP WITH MY BARB 2H? NOT play hit and run half the freaking time?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]