Diablo® III

The TRUTH Behind 1.0.3 - Hidden Footprints!

u need to get out there and do some research before calling him his post bs, with barb at 35% momentspeed and 200+ gf, u can easily get 700k/hr.
85 Human Paladin
They also removed the chance that you can get brimstone from disenchanting blues/yellows.

Considering I've only gotten 12 since the game started theres not much lower to go before you reach 0.
The problem is that if they kept the same A3-4 drop rates, significantly more good items would enter the economy. While the intuitive answer will be that people will just have higher standards for what is considered a good item, the truth is that most people will just settle for good enough gear for them to finish inferno all the way to act 4. Only a minority of players will try to improve the game further than that out of vanity or whatever reason. As a result people will use the AH, but more importantly the RMAH less, simply because they'll be more self-sufficient.
There are two choices of economic models, one where items move vertically, from player A who's farming act3 to player B who's trying to get past act 1, while the other option would be to artificially get both players to farm the same content, with loot moving between them. Something like player A finds the crossbow that player B needs, while player B finds the axe that player A needs. Both models may provide the same income for Blizzard, however what makes the second model pull ahead in their preferences, is that player B will be happier with the game. And apparently player B is the majority. In these models i assumed player A is the more skilled player. And yes, there are big skill gaps among people even in D3, just like in everything else you can think of.
85 Human Warlock
I stopped reading right here:
"Bots were crushing jars and looting dead adventurers making 500k + gold / hour"

I'm sure the rest of your words might have held weight but I'm not going to waste my time if you're just going to make !@#$ up.

You're kidding, right? Is that sarcasm? That is exactly what they were doing. Google is your friend. Check out the forums for botters/cheaters. Even the dumbest, most inelegant public bots were pulling $200k/hr.
I stopped reading right here:
"Bots were crushing jars and looting dead adventurers making 500k + gold / hour"

I'm sure the rest of your words might have held weight but I'm not going to waste my time if you're just going to make !@#$ up.

You're in denial if you think it wasn't possible for bots to make that much in an hour.
Why not just throw a wrench in their plans then and not use the RMAH? I mean hell so long as people don't price things ridiculously high then everything should work out fine with gold. Just sayin, if we the players don't post anything...then they make no money.
06/21/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Jasonfs
becauseeeeee if i can sell my stuff for 250 of 25 ofc i would sell for 250... we are all greedy and blizz knows it

That's on you, if you can curb that greed then you might just get a bit further.
Couldn't have said it better..... I spent a lot of time/effort (not money though ;P) getting somewhere where I could farm inferno whimsyshire and then they make its loot complete GARBAGE......... Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed. All the idiot noobs that are horrible at video games and are stuck in A1 though just flame me because they cannot relate and they actually received a buff. If I wasn't making money there is NO WAY I would play this game.
06/21/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Vanitii
Why not just throw a wrench in their plans then and not use the RMAH? I mean hell so long as people don't price things ridiculously high then everything should work out fine with gold. Just sayin, if we the players don't post anything...then they make no money.

lol, if I can make hundreds of dollars quitting the game, and they can take a cut, more power to me and blizzard. I've never made money quitting a game before, I'm all for that.

You know a game has potential when you can make money quitting it, lol. I'm just kind of concerned at this point.. you know, about that potential.

It's good they're making money off the game. But wow, these drop rates... they're really milking it now. I hope PvP is awesome and brings me back, because after this patch it's just not very rewarding or fun to play.
Edited by philwinkel#1808 on 6/21/2012 1:48 AM PDT
06/21/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Jasonfs

That's on you, if you can curb that greed then you might just get a bit further.

even if i sold it for 25, another guy will buy it for that and resell it for 250 and ill get shortchanged.. unless all the playerbase curb their greed, theres no way out of this cycle as long as the game is alive..

Buying something for 25 and selling for 250 isn't 'greed'. It's called not being an idiot. lawl.
The truth is this game is not fun, rushed and flawed to the core. Blizzard is constantly trying to force you to play it the way they want and if you don't, bad things happens. Or things get nerfed.
I had some vague hopes left before that patch but all I see are attempts to make the RMAH more profitable, not attempts to make the game more fun or more interesting for the players.
Priorities...

At this rate I think this game is going to last 6 months max before the servers are completely empty. Maybe even less if one of those concurrent ARPG become successful.
Edited by Tadidam#2167 on 6/21/2012 1:52 AM PDT
5 Night Elf Warrior
First off OP, this was an excellent read. I had X-Files theme music playing in my head while I was reading it, lol. Do I believe it to be true? To be honest, it's hard to say, because I don't have act 3 and 4 farming experience, so it's hard for me to draw a conclusion based on the experience of someone else. I was one of the many who was stuck on the later part of act 2 inferno. Do I find your theories to be possible or even plausible? Most definitely. Blizzard is a business and not the mom and pop shop kind, where they let you slide a few pennies if you're short. They're a legitimate corporation that takes into consideration every decision they make and how it will affect their profits, present and future. So in all probability, you're assessment of 1.03 is not outside the realm of truth. By the way, you should give some thought on becoming a writer if you're not already one.
This post is 100% right, after farming act3 for 2 weeks cashing out on rmah comparing loot to now and then is hilarious.

I'll be cashing out my actual gear soon to bring my total profits up to $1,500 hopefully .as this game has nothing left to offer for someone whose reached end-game. apart from hardcore, which relies on blizzard server stability (LOL).
85 Human Warlock
I agree with the OP. I cleared A1 Inferno after grinding out a bunch of gold to buy the best-mediocre gear I could get from people that exploited and paid their way to A3/A4. I didn't do gold runs, I did gear runs with as much MF as I could carry. The gear-check wall was so high between A1 and A2 I knew once I cleared A2 that I wouldn't be in any shape to complete it.

Aannndd I wasn't. Faced with having to repeat the entire 'grind for gold' thing again my interest took a dive. My friends that also play faced the same problem and they stopped coming on almost entirely. Same symptoms:

- Hit A2, get wrecked.
- Know the terrible drops in A1, see the gear you'd need to clear A2.
- Have no drive to grind enough gold to get that gear (or RMAH.)
- Struggle, give up.
- Start leveling another character.
- Realize you'll just hit the same wall unless you go DH/Wiz. Start DH/Wiz.
- One way or another, you're done playing now. Go back to WoW, go watch ads for Torchlight 2, come on the forums and start petitions, whatever. The game isn't fun anymore.

Note that I'm not saying "give me all the best gear ASAP today!!!" I'm willing to grind for gear. I'm not willing to grind for gold to buy gear from "the 1%" that got access to it during Blizz's post-release beta test. Everyone I know in my position feels the same way.

There was no point farming A1 when there was no chance, none, that you'd get any loot that you would actually want to use. I'm happy with the "buff" to A1/A2 drops. At least I can pretend I might find something cool/useful. I'll be hanging in there a bit longer. But...

Blizzard isn't making decisions in the best interest of game play but rather to affect their 'revenue stream' and gearing the economy towards the AH/RMAH. I've always sung their praises for having great insight into making a game fun, polished, supporting it for years, so on and so on; We all know the points. D3 smells very, very bad. Something isn't right at Blizz.

Edit:
I've played WC 1/2/3, Diablo 1/2, Lost Vikings, SC 2, WoW. Not just a little but a lot. Blizzard has never done wrong-evil in my big blue innocent eyes. This game has been completely out of character. *shrug*
Edited by Baub#1311 on 6/21/2012 2:05 AM PDT
Oh well. Blizzard's profits will slow down when all the people who were farming Act 3/4 (the top 5% that was running the entire economy) quit the game.

:/... jk. FOREVER RICH BLIZZTURD!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]