Diablo® III

The TRUTH Behind 1.0.3 - Hidden Footprints!

EXAGGERATIONS ROCK! And also, presuming to know Blizzard's intentions and labeling them with what you think their reasoning was is ridiculous. "Blizzard had to..." is the beginning of a sentence I know will be hilariously incorrect conjecture. How do you know their motives and reasoning? Do you work at the upper levels of the design team at Blizzard? If so, why are you badmouthing your own company? If not (which is the case), why don't you STOP SENSATIONALIZING A BALANCE PATCH.

You will get more rares in the same amount of total farming time from farming an act worth of elites and bosses, from start to finish, than you would have from boss runs in the previous incarnation.

That means (gasp) this is a buff in acts 3 and 4 as well. You're getting more items, and they're guaranteed to boot.
This post is 100% right, after farming act3 for 2 weeks cashing out on rmah comparing loot to now and then is hilarious.

I'll be cashing out my actual gear soon to bring my total profits up to $1,500 hopefully .as this game has nothing left to offer for someone whose reached end-game. apart from hardcore, which relies on blizzard server stability (LOL).

Maybe that's just how the game was designed. People play through it, some people really get into it and play end game, they get sick of end game and sell all their gear off and blizzard takes a cut.

Add PvP in several months later, player comes back, rinse and repeat. It's brilliant. I'm just kind of pissed off because I like the game and want to keep playing, but it's boring as all hell now.

Blizzard isn't making decisions in the best interest of game play but rather to affect their 'revenue stream' and gearing the economy towards the AH/RMAH. I've always sung their praises for having great insight into making a game fun, polished, supporting it for years, so on and so on; We all know the points. D3 smells very, very bad. Something isn't right at Blizz.

well said :)
Edited by philwinkel#1808 on 6/21/2012 2:03 AM PDT
I stopped reading right here:
"Bots were crushing jars and looting dead adventurers making 500k + gold / hour"

I'm sure the rest of your words might have held weight but I'm not going to waste my time if you're just going to make !@#$ up.

You're kidding, right? Is that sarcasm? That is exactly what they were doing. Google is your friend. Check out the forums for botters/cheaters. Even the dumbest, most inelegant public bots were pulling $200k/hr.

No I'm not kidding. If it's so damn easy, do it and show me how you've made 500k. You're just making up numbers.

Reason being is I happen to be someone who likes to go all smashy on jars, loot corpses and everything like that and I'm not seeing that amount of coin, not by a long shot. Not even if I multiply it by 200-290%.

What you're saying is unrealistic. Feel free to prove me wrong.
85 Human Warlock

No I'm not kidding. If it's so damn easy, do it and show me how you've made 500k. You're just making up numbers.

Reason being is I happen to be someone who likes to go all smashy on jars, loot corpses and everything like that and I'm not seeing that amount of coin, not by a long shot. Not even if I multiply it by 200-290%.

What you're saying is unrealistic. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Pretty sure I could get banned for proving you wrong. Maybe even for suggesting you use Google!? Who knows. Like I said, Google is your friend. That number was absolutely not made up but hey man, whatever you want to believe. Just don't call me a liar. I'm not lying, I'm not trolling, though wait... maybe you are.

You got me :[ n1

You will get more rares in the same amount of total farming time from farming an act worth of elites and bosses, from start to finish, than you would have from boss runs in the previous incarnation.

total amount of farming time? No way. That's my whole point - the drops are now nerfed to the point where it's not rewarding or fun whatsoever. I was LOOKING FORWARD to being able to play acts 1 and 2 and get some decent loot. I still have friends that are playing those acts. Don't get me wrong, I am ALL FOR more loot!

This patch IS NOT more loot. Lol.

It was seriously better before. I would rather grind for months in able to get to act 3 and actually loot good items and have a fun and rewarding experience playing. Now it's like regardless of which act you're playing, the loot is a bunch of garbage.

Before, it was kind of like a scratch off lottery ticket... you win some, you lose some. They're really good at keeping you hooked, coming back for more.

Now, it's like playing the damn powerball. You throw a dollar at it every once in a while, but there's really no hope in ever winning.

That means (gasp) this is a buff in acts 3 and 4 as well. You're getting more items, and they're guaranteed to boot

We're getting more items indeed, but most of them are not even lvl 60. What's worse is that you can't even blame it on bad luck, as i seem to get fewer white and blue quality ilvl 63 items too so no amount of mf will help, it'll just change a crappy lvl 54 item into a rare
Blizzard isn't making decisions in the best interest of game play but rather to affect their 'revenue stream' and gearing the economy towards the AH/RMAH. I've always sung their praises for having great insight into making a game fun, polished, supporting it for years, so on and so on; We all know the points. D3 smells very, very bad. Something isn't right at Blizz.

Edit:
I've played WC 1/2/3, Diablo 1/2, Lost Vikings, SC 2, WoW. Not just a little but a lot. Blizzard has never done wrong-evil in my big blue innocent eyes. This game has been completely out of character. *shrug*

this.
i've played wow for 6 years with only minor abstinence periods. played wc3, diablo2, sc2. i've always praised this company... but for the last month i've been feeling really dissapointed :\ i still had hopes that they will turn things around a week ago, but 1.0.3 is really cracking my confidence in their competence.
85 Human Warlock
They mixed business & pleasure, now they wonder why it's going wrong.

How good would this game have been if this rubbish wasn't introduced?

Blizzard's pool of goodwill is so deep that I'm still holding on for them to straighten this out and deliver a real Blizzard game.
Sigh, this just entirely untrue. You do have a much better chance at getting good gear than you did previously. You, however, have made the realization that just like blues, a lot of rares can be pretty useless too if the stats roll badly. Perhaps you didn't notice before because the quantity was less and thus you didn't realize it. Whatever the reason, they did not make it *harder* to get good gear. Unlike perhaps the majority of the forum posters here, most people (such as those that work on D3) don't just attempt to lie through their teeth to deceive people.

Conspiracy theories are always fun to read though, I suppose.
I stopped reading when I saw your complaint about vases (breakables) drops. It is very sad to see people call it fun opening chests/breaking vases. Definetely that's not the Diablo I want to play. This was a good change since it will stop (some) bots and make players do what it is supposed to do: kill things.
Inferno IS supposed to be hard to beat. If you are unconfortable with that, stop playing in hell and reroll a new character. If you want challenge, do the math, be insistent, try, and progress in inferno one step at a time. Everything in life is frustrating when you don't beat it at the first time, but more rewardable once you do it.
If you prefer to keep breaking vases: "Use RMAH. L2P Noob!"
We found more hidden footprints

Then we doubled them.

they ruined the game "Diablo".. changing the design from what they said before people bought the game is BS.. its lying to customers.. they can't get rid of the bots.. so they'll lazily nerf most part that affect all players.. in a few weeks/months they will have less and less players..

right. No more items from jars might stop the bots, but at the same time it's just one more cool aspect of diablo that is being tossed aside.

Some of the best stuff i looted was from jars and inanimate objects, lol. I got the Cain's Raiments recipe that teaches you a bunch of legendary items off some random bag in the spider caves. I used to get rares all the time just crushing random objects and it was awesome. It's just part of diablo, yknow? Crush random objects, and sometimes something will pop out and it's like !@#$ yeah, and you keep crushing those pots.
Im sure you will still log on today and you will defiantly log on tonight
I stopped reading when I saw your complaint about vases (breakables) drops. It is very sad to see people call it fun opening chests/breaking vases. Definetely that's not the Diablo I want to play. This was a good change since it will stop (some) bots and make players do what it is supposed to do: kill things.
Inferno IS supposed to be hard to beat. If you are unconfortable with that, stop playing in hell and reroll a new character. If you want challenge, do the math, be insistent, try, and progress in inferno one step at a time. Everything in life is frustrating when you don't beat it at the first time, but more rewardable once you do it.
If you prefer to keep breaking vases: "Use RMAH. L2P Noob!"

lol... you didn't read anything I said. I wasn't even complaining about that. I wasn't trying to complain about anything really, other than the fact the patch was just a big disappointment.
Posted by Zealot
Look! Hidden footprints!

effing retarded
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]