Diablo® III

Over 72 hours and still restricted....

(Locked)

i got the same issue, please fix this, i finished first half of the first act on normal difficulty like 15 times and I'm really running out of patience.
There are tons of loyal customers who are getting very impatient, including me.
Please fix this fast.
I just discovered this issue...

Defeated the skeleton king and then boom, "Care to Upgrade?".

This going to be resolved soon or what?
Customer Support
06/22/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Kobe
Can you please check my account?

Your account was just created and is still pending review. I don't see anything unusual, just that it hasn't been done yet. This is true for several of you who are asking for more information. Please see this post if you've purchased the game less than 72 hours ago: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911721680

Completely with you there on the customer service. Not only are they imposing this lengthy restriction on everybody without warning, but they've closed their telephone lines for complaints and expect everyone to wait two days for a ticket response.

We haven't closed our telephone lines - they are at capacity. The alternative to being told "try again later" would be a busy signal, but fortunately we're able to play a message before this happens. We definitely aren't happy with this and are working very hard to address our incoming calls.

06/22/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Kobe
Not only am I frustrated by this entire incident, but I'm very disappointed. I expected the best from a company like Blizzard, but instead what I'm getting is short of key values that separate a great company from a bad one: customer service, damage control, and, most importantly, integrity.

We're frustrated and disappointed, too, Kobe. You should expect the best because we aim to deliver it. We are not doing so right now, but we're trying our hardest to get back to that level. While these sorts of review periods are necessary, the amount of time you have to wait to get in touch with us (if you can get in line at all) is unacceptable. We're with you there.
Edited by Medearn on 6/22/2012 5:17 PM PDT

We're frustrated and disappointed, too, Kobe. You should expect the best because we aim to deliver it. We are not doing so right now, but we're trying our hardest to get back to that level. While these sorts of review periods are necessary, the amount of time you have to wait to get in touch with us (if you can get in line at all) is unacceptable. We're with you there.

I've stumbled into the wrong forum over this issue, as I'm an EU customer. You're a forum guy and answering forum issues, so it's not your fault but let your managers know, restricting content in this way is completely out of order, this should never have happened.

I'm not going to wait 72 hours to have this fixed, my opinion of Blizzard going forward will be made in the next 72 hours however, I have been a Blizzard customer for a lot longer than 72 hours, this is not the way you treat long standing customers, restricting the real money auction house I can understand, restricting game content, there's no excuse for that.
- Technical Support
View profile
Evalynot it sounds like Blizzard agrees with you. The updated blue post in the sticky says that leveling and content restrictions are not intended so I am guessing that is a bug they are working on. They do clarify what is intended to be restricted though (AH, chat, public games, etc.)

Check here for the latest on it http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5911721680
Customer Support
Please note that we did not intend to restrict your level nor your ability to progress past the Skeleton King. We are planning on removing those restrictions:

06/22/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Lylirra
However, as an unintended consequence of these security measures, players who purchase the game digitally after patch 1.0.3 are temporarily being capped at level 13 and not able to proceed beyond Act I. We are working to correct this as soon as possible and will provide another update when we have more details to share.
my game is working now all i did was login to battle.net then go to accout and changed password then logged back into game and beat the skeleton king but as i was on my way there i noticed there were more health ord drops and thats how i knew it worked hope it works for u all and i was only 24hrs in not 4 days so should work for all SHOULD PROBLY MAKE A STICKY FOR THIS WOULD MAKE SENSE AND WOULD MAKE UR JOB EASYER Medearn
This is not right blizzard.... We, Us, You're customers expect more then this from you guy's. You guy's bring out amazing games for us, I can honestly sit here and say, I would pay and play for every game blizzard makes... But why do this to us?? I been waiting as well... And nothing yet.. Phone lines are busy, And nothing on my ticket yet. I am very upset, But at the same time I understand... I just hope I can play Diablo 3 soon... I didn't pay $63 for nothing...
Please note that we did not intend to restrict your level nor your ability to progress past the Skeleton King. We are planning on removing those restrictions:

Intended or not, these restrictions exist and have not been addressed, as i said, it's not your fault, you're in the firing line, but this needs fixing.
How do you actually know when the restrictions have been lifted? It's not as easy as clicking to see if you can join a public chat because people say they got past the skeleton king so they know it's been lifted. Is there another way to do this?
Edited by Kobe#1757 on 6/22/2012 5:46 PM PDT
06/22/2012 05:27 PMPosted by xXMunkeyXx
my game is working now all i did was login to battle.net then go to accout and changed password then logged back into game and beat the skeleton king but as i was on my way there i noticed there were more health ord drops and thats how i knew it worked hope it works for u all and i was only 24hrs in not 4 days so should work for all SHOULD PROBLY MAKE A STICKY FOR THIS WOULD MAKE SENSE AND WOULD MAKE UR JOB EASYER Medearn

Before you did this, did you check your account status? or check to see if you can join public chats?
HEY PLEASE READ::

i am the creator of the thread and since my problem was resolved i hope to help you guys too seeing i was in the same boat

1) Please don't give Medearn so much hate and problems, it is not his/her fault for the problem right now

2) Sign into battle.net and change your password, then YOU MUST KILL SKELETON KING AGAIN

3) Yes it is a boring and annoying process, but if you beat the king you should be able to go further in the game

4) Medearn please sticky this, as more people will stumble upon this and it will be resolved

----- Anyone who was able to get their restrictions lifted prior to 72 hours be happy, i had to deal with the 3 days so stop complaining if you haven't reached that time limit. BLIZZARD HAS MADE A POST stating it shouldn't take more than 72 hours, and when it does that is the appropriate time to request aid and/or complain-----

Thank you medearn
This is weird.. I did what you said Xrutano, But it gave me the upgrade thing again.. But in change quest.. I can go straight to ACT II??? what's this about?? And I still can't add friends or talk in general?
Ok... so after 3 days, I finally got what I paid for. For those of you out there having this problem... I had to kill the SK again. Once he died, I then started seeing general chat postings, and realized I was in the non-trial game.

I'm happy I am working, but this doesn't excuse Blizzard from the horrible customer serviceapplied to this problem. The communication on this required alot of end-user discovery.
Ok... so after 3 days, I finally got what I paid for. For those of you out there having this problem... I had to kill the SK again. Once he died, I then started seeing general chat postings, and realized I was in the non-trial game.

I'm happy I am working, but this doesn't excuse Blizzard from the horrible customer serviceapplied to this problem. The communication on this required alot of end-user discovery.

How do you actually know when you have to kill SK again? I changed my password and killed the SK for like the third time and it still asks me to upgrade.
- Technical Support
View profile
Kobe Medearn addressed you specifically and you are not ready to move on yet! Your account is still under review pending the completion of all parts of the transaction.

There are a couple steps:

1. Verify your transaction is complete (both the bank AND Blizzard) PS. Pending at the bank just means it is in process, not done. [YOU ARE HERE]
2. If your transaction is complete and you still can't move past SK try
a. Log completely out of the game
b. Change your password via Account Mgt.
c. Log back in and kill SK again.
3. If it still fails then you may need a ticket or whatever magic Medearn is doing.
Yeah is there a way to actually know when you can progress with the game? or do you just have to try to kill the SK and it might or might not work. Its a great game but i only wish i can play more this restriction is frustrating haha.
The same problem, money has been payed, but game can't go no after skeleton king. Please correct this error. ID: tywang9498@gmail.com
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]