Diablo® III

Dual wield vs. Two handed barbarian?

Been having problems with my 2handed barb because of the nerf, from 1.95 atk speed - 1.40 now. Been planning on using dual wielded axe for the added str and vit if i use both 1hand weapon with 100str 100vit. Any thoughts and suggestion regarding this build? I still cant get act 3 inf done
Reply Quote
I prefer 2x 1handers myself, you get STR bonus from two weapons, and if you are using 2x socketed weapons you can get double the amount of LoH. Not to mention you get a 15% IAS bonus from dual-wielding so LoH becomes even more useful.
Reply Quote
duel wield has reinvigorated my love for this game.. high crit chance and damage is godly. dont even need loh or ls, grab ignore pain with the ls rune and maybe revenge and your good to go. insane damage, and isnt slow as hell like a 2h
Reply Quote
high crit chance and damage is godly. dont even need loh or ls, grab ignore pain with the ls rune and maybe revenge and your good to go. insane damage, and isnt slow as hell like a 2h

This - i just made the switch last night from a 1300 dps 2h to 2 700 dps 1h with 200 str 100 vit and 50% crit dmg on both with a socket on both my dmg went up and no more super slow frenzy build up, just need more crit and crit dmg now to complete the transition.
Reply Quote
Faster is not always better, you burn your fury faster, and then fury gain from cooldown skills loses its value (war cry, leap).

I find playing with extremely slow 2h mace (but powerful, so dps is still ok) quite interesting, skills use fury really slowly, so you need to waste very few hits on using generators (most comes from cooldown generators).
Reply Quote
can someone post a good dps build?
Reply Quote
only thing i dont like about DW is that its not as affective with skills that are based on weapon dmg. or is it the same?
Reply Quote
When i use my 2 hand my crit with revenge goes at 50k. Im wondering if i go DW will it still be the same or higher? lower?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
06/22/2012 11:43 PMPosted by RBpwnsalot
When i use my 2 hand my crit with revenge goes at 50k. Im wondering if i go DW will it still be the same or higher? lower?

In theory, if you deal the same dps with DW as you do with a 2h, Revenge should deal more damage per use. But in my experience it doesn't matter. If you deal more dps with DW than with 2h, use DW.
Reply Quote
hmm, I feel that two handed kills faster and I am able mow down big mobs in inferno monster lvl 7.
Reply Quote
Im wondering about how i should build my Barbarian, i kinda want him to use 2h cause the look.
ATM im using DW, whats best for DPS? i think 2h is mighty and would crush foes cause they do more damage in my eyes, but DW attack faster.

Any sugestion?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]