Diablo® III

Auction house still down?

Why Are We Still Not Allowed To Cancel Auctions
? Why Are We Still Not Allowed To Cancel Auctions
?

Check out the WoW forums. There are thousands about how the ability to cancel auctions is ruining the game.
Reply Quote
mine is still down, which is 1 hr after the 12:30pst time
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you for the update, Zarhym!
Reply Quote
Developer Lead: Lets ensure there are no issues during this maintenance. I want to test out the auction prices again to make sure the conversions are good.

Jr. Developer: Code has been loaded in Test system we are ready to go
Jr. Database Administrator: There are some performance issues with the database. To test our scenerios we need to clean out the test database we are using.
Developer Lead Lets do that so we can get a clean run of our testing scenerios
Jr. Developer We need to hury as we have a short maintenance window
Jr. Database Administrator: I'm truncating the tables in Dev right now.
30sec goes by
Manager: Status?
(Jr. Database Administrator starts sweating and crouches below Monitor)
Developer Lead: DBA what is the hold up we need to run this testing cycle.
Jr. Database Admin: Hang on something not right
(loud key tapping for the next 2.5min)

result... Jr DBA was not in test system.... truncated auction-house data in Production game server which replicates over to all game servers..... AH has to be rolled back to midnight and put out disclaimer somethings just "vanished" like we are to just accept that.

there is my conspiracy theory. :)
Reply Quote
Is the update supposed to be tomorrow? cause i get that "a new patch is available" error when i try to login...
Reply Quote
A different bug than those listed:

Certain commodities (shimmering essence, lizard eye, and all but 6 dyes, select gems) are showing 0 for their current price, last 10 sales, and last day sales. I tried listing some shimmering essence, but it's still showing at 0...so it's not that there aren't any, it's just that it isn't showing up.
Edited by RenegadeLime#1806 on 6/26/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 01:32 PMPosted by SevenUp132
Is the update supposed to be tomorrow? cause i get that "a new patch is available" error when i try to login...
it's doing the same for me
Reply Quote
Well, Keep up the good work for

1. Blizzard: Keep up the good work on making game working out!
2. Players: Keep up the good work on moaning more complains!

we got every right to complain. WE ALL KNOW THE GAME IS STILL BETA AND NOT FINISHED. We all paid money for this game and i think by consumer policy we should get what we paid for. Its like a scam, someone advertises 2012 car, you buy it and you later realize its 2010. Get it? Same thing.
Reply Quote
A different bug than those listed:

Certain commodities (shimmering essence, lizard eye, and all but 6 dyes, select gems) are showing 0 for their current price, last 10 sales, and last day sales. I tried listing some shimmering essence, but it's still showing at 0...so it's not that there aren't any, it's just that it isn't showing up.

Same. I put up some Nightmare essence for 20g to test it, and it still showed 0/didn't sell.
Reply Quote
Well, Keep up the good work for

1. Blizzard: Keep up the good work on making game working out!
2. Players: Keep up the good work on moaning more complains!

we got every right to complain. WE ALL KNOW THE GAME IS STILL BETA AND NOT FINISHED. We all paid money for this game and i think by consumer policy we should get what we paid for. Its like a scam, someone advertises 2012 car, you buy it and you later realize its 2010. Get it? Same thing.

If people would just give specific issues that they are having then the rest of us could test/verify it for them. If people are just going to flame the Blizzard staff then they are drowning out the people that are still having legitimate problems.
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Firemaster
People, stop being sarcastic and saying Blizzard isn't able to do good work, because WE ALL know they can, if they didn't we wouldn't have so many great games. Wait won't kill you.

Blizzard fanboi meter is off the charts
Reply Quote
If you are still grey try completely closing diablo and restarting, not just logging off. Worked for me, but an item I bought in the middle of the problems still won't transfer to my stash.
Reply Quote
Feedback with details on a particular problem you are having might go a long way towards improving the game. Yelling that the game isn't finished doesn't help anyone :(
Reply Quote
View profile
d0p3m4n

Why Are We Still Not Allowed To Cancel Auctions
?

i'll answer all 3 questions
1. to prevent you from wasting all your slots on garbage overpriced items
2. would be unfair to people looking for items to bid on and comparing prices, someone somewhere probably at least has your item in their search
3. you can! you have 5 minutes to do so, more than enough time to take it down if you somehow misclicked like 7 times and put up something by mistake
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Atrias
If people would just give specific issues that they are having then the rest of us could test/verify it for them. If people are just going to flame the Blizzard staff then they are drowning out the people that are still having legitimate problems.

That's kinda the point, we shouldn't be testing or verifying anything. They should've done that before releasing the game....

This kind of thing happens with any game that has patches released. Look at the News section on Steam. You'll see all kinds of updates for bug fixes and the like. The same kind of bashing devs/staff went on in the Dungeon Defenders forum. This is just something to be expected. It's not just Blizzard games that this happens with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]