Diablo® III

Auction house still down?

Community Manager

we got every right to complain. WE ALL KNOW THE GAME IS STILL BETA AND NOT FINISHED. We all paid money for this game and i think by consumer policy we should get what we paid for. Its like a scam, someone advertises 2012 car, you buy it and you later realize its 2010. Get it? Same thing.

If people would just give specific issues that they are having then the rest of us could test/verify it for them. If people are just going to flame the Blizzard staff then they are drowning out the people that are still having legitimate problems.

06/26/2012 01:46 PMPosted by TimGbow
Feedback with details on a particular problem you are having might go a long way towards improving the game. Yelling that the game isn't finished doesn't help anyone :(

This is very true. I'm wading through a number of posts where players are seemingly yelling at the wind, as I'm trying to find actual reports of specific issues I can pass along to the appropriate people.

06/26/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Atrias
That's kinda the point, we shouldn't be testing or verifying anything. They should've done that before releasing the game....

Sometimes when things come back out of maintenance, it takes a bit for everything to load up properly. This is why a lot of people didn't see items populated properly in their auction house tabs for a short period of time after the servers went live.

If you're expecting a perfect experience all the time with no bugs, and you'll complain whenever we even acknowledge that an issue is present, you'll end up frustrated and disappointed with the real world quite often.

If you don't want to help test or verify anything, that's fine. We'll still work to fix things as quickly as possible, based on our testing and the reports of those who do. Either way, sitting on the sidelines and complaining that people have to report these things to us doesn't help anyone. Not you. Not us. Not the people reporting.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/26/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Mcconnell
Sometimes when things come back out of maintenance, it takes a bit for everything to load up properly.

I can see this being true, but normally, how long do these "reboots" take, per se?

I don't have a timeframe off the top of my head, but we're in the process of working on some optimizations to get the auction house loading more quickly after a restart, as well as to better alert people as to why auction tabs would be blank. We know it's really scary when it looks as though your auctions have disappeared and you're given no information in the client to let you know things are just taking a while to load. We want that to change. :)
Reply Quote
An item I won on bid sold for total bid amount, not current bid....a 150k difference. Order #: 446636878. Not sure if this is related.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/26/2012 02:09 PMPosted by spilledmilk
We're working to address issues with the auction house that have arisen since the servers were brought back online this morning. In the meantime players may encounter the following issues when attempting to access the auction house:

What about the issues where this game isn't fun past a certain point?

That's not related to this thread. And it's so broad and subjective it's virtually meaningless. If you're not in this thread to relay an issue you're experiencing with the auction house, don't post.
Reply Quote
If it's supposed to be up ...my tab is greyed out completely, probably already know this but that's what I can report.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/26/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Leftenent
An item I won on bid sold for total bid amount, not current bid....a 150k difference. Order #: 446636878. Not sure if this is related.

That sounds like an issue that'd require further investigation by our support team, which you can contact here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/26/2012 02:16 PMPosted by FrogBrew
If it's supposed to be up ...my tab is greyed out completely, probably already know this but that's what I can report.

Have you tried closing and reopening the Diablo III client? Let me know if that resolves the issue.
Reply Quote
Can you guys connect to the game on EU? cause i cant... only at American severs...
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Zarhym

Have you tried closing and reopening the Diablo III client? Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Well what do ya know...

Worked great, guess I should have tried that earlier.... feel kind of foolish lol
Reply Quote
I can't retrieve gold from previous auction bids last night that I did not win.
There are items waiting to expire that I cannot bid on due to the gold sitting in the auctions tab.
If it was just a few thousand, or even a hundred thousand, I would just run act 1 inferno from the start and finish after the butcher for the money.

But all of that is meaningless.

The thing that frustrates me is that sometimes situations like this, where some can bid, and use the AH, and others like myself, are tied back because it's bogged down ... there is nothing I can do about it. It really doesn't matter how much money I have (or do not have) because it will not work for me. And that's frustrating.
Reply Quote
[

If people would just give specific issues that they are having then the rest of us could test/verify it for them. If people are just going to flame the Blizzard staff then they are drowning out the people that are still having legitimate problems.

06/26/2012 01:46 PMPosted by TimGbow
Feedback with details on a particular problem you are having might go a long way towards improving the game. Yelling that the game isn't finished doesn't help anyone :(

This is very true. I'm wading through a number of posts where players are seemingly yelling at the wind, as I'm trying to find actual reports of specific issues I can pass along to the appropriate people.

06/26/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Atrias
That's kinda the point, we shouldn't be testing or verifying anything. They should've done that before releasing the game....

Sometimes when things come back out of maintenance, it takes a bit for everything to load up properly. This is why a lot of people didn't see items populated properly in their auction house tabs for a short period of time after the servers went live.

If you're expecting a perfect experience all the time with no bugs, and you'll complain whenever we even acknowledge that an issue is present, you'll end up frustrated and disappointed with the real world quite often.

If you don't want to help test or verify anything, that's fine. We'll still work to fix things as quickly as possible, based on our testing and the reports of those who do. Either way, sitting on the sidelines and complaining that people have to report these things to us doesn't help anyone. Not you. Not us. Not the people reporting.

How come Blizzard doesn't take a similar approach to ArenaNet's on the fly patching when something is wrong, instead of waiting a week when regular maintenance is scheduled. (server and end user side patch)
Edited by CandleJack#1362 on 6/26/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]