Diablo® III

RE: Natalya's Wrath

Bashiok (or alternatively, your blue bretheren),

Should players take the lack of change to the Natalya's Wrath set in the patch notes for tomorrow (specifically, the 4piece regeneration bonus), to be an indicator that no change will be made to this set?

I know at least a couple of my friends are concerned about purchasing this set without any word one way or the other.

As an aside; I believe the set is fine in its current implementation. The pieces certainly aren't the highest dps you can possibly achieve on gear (largely due to having an ilvl 61 budget), and thus, the set actually opens up new, discipline-heavy, builds.
I suppose no mention of changes for 1.03a isn't the same thing as no changes for 1.03b (hopefully later this week), but I think the question is still relevant :)
Community Manager
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

edit: Removed my comment about "no intent to fix it in future Legendary set". I actually don't know that for sure.
Edited by Bashiok on 6/27/2012 2:48 PM PDT
No one can get it now anyways. Prices are ridiculous. It will remain the same select few DHs that have an easy time with the content. How is a new 60 supposed to obtain that set bonus? Look at the cheapest Mark on the AH. Good luck.

EDIT: Oh yeah we can farm for them.
Edited by zmac127#1894 on 6/27/2012 12:45 PM PDT
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

Thats what im talking about, thats good news thats listening to your community now keep it up!

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

So does this mean they are actually going to try and make the game fun, as opposed to nerfing everything into oblivion for the sake of "balance" ?

sounds like it to me. but i'm sure someone will come along and say it's all lies.

Hey regarding future patches, which one will we be able to cancel our auctions in? I can't remember what you guys said on this... (I thought it was going to be 1.0.3 but I was wrong hehe).

P.S. Good post Bash!
Edited by Onetwo#1132 on 6/27/2012 12:47 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin

Thanks for the update Bash!!

Constructive criticism - Make grandfather sword be bald and talk with a whistly voice like old people HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE
Can you at least do everyone else a favor, and "accidentally" make the set bonuses for other classes OP as well? kthx!
just like when it was posted that IAS nerf would not impact existing items and only impact future drops? right? RIGHT?
06/27/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Riotous
Make grandfather sword be bald and talk with a whistly voice like old people HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE

I can provide the voice for that. I'm a cranky old man.
Awesome, guys! Looking forward to the future. It's a good thing it happened, then. Itemization could use a little attention, and it's really revitalizing that you're giving it a more open thought and approach. Not a DH myself, but I'm so happy for them ^^

Kudos!

Oh, and @zmac127.. It always amazes me how people can look at any good thing and make a whiny comment as close to it as Neptune is to the Sun. And you only need to find the plan for the set, then you can craft most of its pieces. Provided you have mats.
Edited by SilverD#2963 on 6/27/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Now I'm really looking forward to 1.1 when other stats on this set may get boosted too.
06/27/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Stray
just like when it was posted that IAS nerf would not impact existing items and only impact future drops? right? RIGHT?

I never remembered hearing this. It was always planned to be retroactive.

Anyways, I think that is cool if blizzard wants to make future sets better, but there's no reason to make one class's set x10 better than the other classes sets and then say "Well, you'll get your own good class gear later". They really should get the nerf bat and have to wait for an improved set like everyone else.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]