Diablo® III

RE: Natalya's Wrath

We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

This gives me great hope...
06/27/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Stray
just like when it was posted that IAS nerf would not impact existing items and only impact future drops? right? RIGHT?

They never said that, in fact they said the opposite of that.
How is a new 60 supposed to obtain that set bonus? .

RMAH of course, can you imagine how much cash they stand to make off this? It's an insta-win for anyone who can afford to pay to play.
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

So you can retroactively change Attack speed on all of our gear, but you can't retroactively change legendary stats for the better?

Is there some type of technical dilemma here at work that we should be aware of?
I don't play my DH much, but I'm happy to hear this about the set bonus.

The set bonus can completely change how people play their demon hunter, and it really is a great example of a fun (and addicting) goal for people to strive for.
In my opinion, Natalya's should be the rule for legendaries or set items, not the exception.

Please include such effects in the "legendary update". Thanks.
I am so friggin happy to hear this.

He forgot to add. "at least not as of yet, while people are still spamming the RMAH for nats gear, but in the future when trading is down we will fix it so Dh's cannot have near continuous SS, the same reason we nerfed SS originally"
well this will certainly lift some spirits up

but please dont stop informing us on what ur doing

even if its minor things

it will help morale alot like u wouldnt believe
Edited by Psytec#1520 on 6/27/2012 12:51 PM PDT
I guess it's a step in the right direction in the overall mentality for gear. The very best items should make one feel pretty OP.

However, tripling base Disc regen is a little ridiculous...

I agree. Basically, the idea is "We think it is awesome that players are able to get gear in order to feel like they're breaking the game", that's Jay Wilson's mantra, but right now only ONE CLASS can break the game. What was the reason for nerfing stuff like SS, Serenity, Force Armor, etc. if you're going to allow certain classes to break the game anyways?

Every class should have these type of opportunities or no one should, IMO. DH already seems pretty FOTM TBH.
No one can get it now anyways. Prices are ridiculous. It will remain the same select few DHs that have an easy time with the content. How is a new 60 supposed to obtain that set bonus? Look at the cheapest Mark on the AH. Good luck.

EDIT: Oh yeah we can farm for them.

You can get the 4 item set bonus without having to get the ring. There are 5 items in the set.
06/27/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Avithax
How is a new 60 supposed to obtain that set bonus? .

RMAH of course, can you imagine how much cash they stand to make off this? It's an insta-win for anyone who can afford to pay to play.

Aha, there's "that guy". I was waiting for him to make his post.
06/27/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Sjonnie
think they are beginning to understand that no one cares if a class is OP or has OP setbonuses.

Plenty of people care.
@Bashiok - Thank you for the first good news from you guys in a long time. Wish it was more though bud. Also please enlighten us on this if you would...

06/27/2012 12:50 PMPosted by RaiderNation
PLEASE explain how you can nerf our IAS items but you cannot buff our worthless legendary items.

Is it just the time investment not worth it on Blizzards end? I could see it being a huge undertaking that Blizzard might not feel is worth the time invested but, if it is an honest answer would be appreciated.
I guess it's a step in the right direction in the overall mentality for gear. The very best items should make one feel pretty OP.

However, tripling base Disc regen is a little ridiculous...

Still get face rolled in Inferno Act 2 if you don't know what you're doing. You'd need almost 90% damage reduction from Gloom to not get one shot lol.
"Light the Signal Fires" and show the community that there is still hope! "Salvation has arrived! Go! You are needed in game."
Huh, gear that interacts with the class/skill/resource systems in an extreme fashion to open up previously non-viable possibilities... was seriously discussed as the result of an accident.

Perhaps the dev team should accidentally go play some D2/LoD?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]