Diablo® III

RE: Natalya's Wrath

Seriously, it's people like you that will make Blizzard try to balance every class.

And that's a problem... how? Game balance makes things fun. If you're playing with your friends and you're hitting half as hard, that ruins your fun. Everyone needs to feel like they're contributing to the group, you should never, EVER consider leaving someone out who has near level of gear because they'd hold you back.
06/27/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Sjonnie

Plenty of people care.

Why should you care, this is basicly a singleplayer game. It's not WoW where you cry cause you do 20% less DPS than the top dogs in your raid.

Well, some people will care when it comes to PVP though. Personally I don't, for the reason you stated, but I don't PVP either. But those that do, I can see their point.
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
No one can get it now anyways. Prices are ridiculous. It will remain the same select few DHs that have an easy time with the content. How is a new 60 supposed to obtain that set bonus? Look at the cheapest Mark on the AH. Good luck.

EDIT: Oh yeah we can farm for them.

This is not a problem relevant to this thread, I'm afraid. The issue you refer to is controlled by the fact that Blizzard has yet to do a wipe of all gold across all regions, which is the only way to reset the economy back to any semblance of a normal state. The sooner they realize this, the sooner those items return to realistic values.
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

It's a bug. Letting hugely overpowered things stand because of an accidental change, AKA a bug, is not acceptable.
90 Worgen Rogue
I just hope the other sets will get buffs to be on the same level, or something. Last I checked other set bonuses don't compare to how strong this set bonus is for Demon Hunters.
06/27/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Edge
So does this mean they are actually going to try and make the game fun, as opposed to nerfing everything into oblivion for the sake of "balance" ?

if it doesn't mean precisely that -- and retroactive corrections for stuff that has already been nerfed, drop-wise ... not so much the existing items -- then it means simply, "fail".

It's a bug. Letting hugely overpowered things stand because of an accidental change, AKA a bug, is not acceptable.

How DARE they make and agree to keep a legendary set legendary. SHAME ON THEM.
This thread reeks of hope! :D
Demon hunters don't even need the Natalya's set to be the best farming class as is. For PVP well there will be new items soon enough.
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

This feels like a step in the right direction. Loosen up the reins on player power a bit and let us feel powerful.

It's what past fans of the series love and what future fans should grow to love.
So it is official: DH has the potential to be the most op class in the game. Can barbarians have some exclusive uber set item bonus?

Looks like Bliz has chosen DH to be their op/zero skill friendly class, I thought it would be the xpack paladin, but that will probably be a faceroll class when it comes out too.
85 Night Elf Hunter
All in all the game is walking the fine line they have created with the fact that items are bought and sold legally in game. Although it is not directly sold by Blizzard...blah blah blah......it would not be wise to continue to change items "nerf" stats......like it or not they are part of the exchange of real money between players.

The produce an item..pixel to be sold....and in good faith.....they need to realize how changing existing items will stall out the sale of items as more and more people avoid purchasing or using gold on anything not knowing if it will change next patch.

They are part of the sale like it or not, and in this new endevour they have taken on with currency use in this game for sale of their pixels, they need to protect both the buyer and seller and the transaction that has occurred. It is in their best interest.

I truely hope for all the people involved in selling an item they do not make a mistake and repeat what they did with IAS.....yeah yeah it was in the notes ....your fault for not reading...blah blah blah.........still a bad move all around.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]