Diablo® III

RE: Natalya's Wrath

06/27/2012 01:15 PMPosted by johnnycat
this game is dead, go check out guild wars 2. it will be much more fun....

you like telling people what to do, don't you?

I think he works for Blizzard, they do that alot.
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.

Cool story bro!

You guys have zero problem retro nerfing items people current already have and bought. There is zero reason why you couldn't just retro upgrade current legendaries.
Edited by spanthegnome#1765 on 6/27/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Wait for pvp to be finally released..... then the whiners will really shine!!!! OMG THAT DH JUST 2 SHOTTED ME!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
We are working on Legendary item changes for a future patch, as I'm sure you know, which could change the set in any variety of ways. I don't know what those changes could be yet, but I do know there's no desire to "fix" the set, even in the updated version. But regardless those changes will only affect items that drop after that patch. They aren't retroactive. Any Natalya's items that drop before that patch (ie the ones dropping now), and the set bonus, will remain unchanged regardless of future Legendary item updates.
Legendary items are what makes Diablo. The game is not fun without great legendary items. This is not something that should be fixed "in a future patch"; it should be addressed ASAP because it's really making the game a drag to play. Knowing that the best items that I'm going to find are almost all rare doesn't make me feel like I'm searching for great items like we were in Diablo 2; it just makes me feel like I'm grinding through rare after rare to find the next rare that's slightly better.

Please, I'm begging you guys.. stop focusing on people abusing and botting the game and worry about the people who are playing legitimately who are not having the fun that they could be having if the game was working correctly!
Edited by simonizor#1709 on 6/27/2012 1:24 PM PDT
I have only 2 suggestions.

1. i would like the option to appear offline so i dont catch flak from my buddies for playing

2. increased level cap...because im getting bored grinding without a goal (loot is just a plus not a reason to keep playing long term, it was cool in d2 to see someone level 99 because it seemed so crazy someone could get there, and it was awesome being lvl 99 because people were actually impressed)

its too easy to get to 60 and get badass items, i like many others am getting bored after a few weeks as compared to d2 which i played for years, i will attribute that to the time it took to hit 99 with more than one char.

and maybe if u have time which we all know your team doesnt.... it would be nice if i could actually craft decent weapons from the blacksmith but thats kind of unimportant considering everything else i suppose
Edited by iHateMyFace#1541 on 6/27/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Bashiok (or alternatively, your blue bretheren),

Should players take the lack of change to the Natalya's Wrath set in the patch notes for tomorrow (specifically, the 4piece regeneration bonus), to be an indicator that no change will be made to this set?

I know at least a couple of my friends are concerned about purchasing this set without any word one way or the other.

As an aside; I believe the set is fine in its current implementation. The pieces certainly aren't the highest dps you can possibly achieve on gear (largely due to having an ilvl 61 budget), and thus, the set actually opens up new, discipline-heavy, builds.

When they buff gear, they don't change what has already dropped for you... they only do that when they nerf gear.

They want to make money from you buying the new version.
Nice to see that after a 10year development period, a beta & months of release that you are finally making some decisions on how the game should play...great job!
We're not going to change/correct the set bonus of Natalya's. It will remain as-is.

It's one of a few cases recently that made us really sit and look at how we were approaching a game system, have some serious discussions about what they mean for the game, and where we want it to go. Sure it's one set and set bonus, but allowing it to continue existing, and even now beginning some work to embrace the concept, probably wouldn't have happened if the unintended change to Natalya's hadn't occurred, and maybe more importantly if you didn't offer your feedback (constructively and in calm and reasonable tones, of course).

Please oh please make more unintended changes. :D
Nice to see that after a 10year development period, a beta & months of release that you are finally making some decisions on how the game should play...great job!

Game was not in development for 10 years. Try again.
"Demon Hunters" - the handicapped class
(need at least one class to make n00bs feel good about them selves)
good decision by your team!
If you don't view this as hope that the future set/legendary items will produce more fun from their abilities and instead view it as "wahh DH get this and I don't." Then you are hopeless and deserve to be miserable with whatever you find wrong about this game.
06/27/2012 01:28 PMPosted by manfromhell

If you have nothing constructive then don't post here

what you just said was not constructive either.

actually, it was. trying to get non-constructive people off the forums IS constructive.
Can you idiot devs make up your minds? First you take this hardline stance on balance and wanting to nerf everything, and now its ok for one class to be demi gods? Can amateur hour be over yet?
Can you guys unintentionally add natural spirit regen to monks(3-5 per second will work), while also unintentionally lower spirit spender cost(50% less will work), while also unintentionally increasing monks animation speed(20% increase will work).

I think you guys are totally insane. It trivializes the DH's resource. You could at least nerf it to a sane value like 1 per sec. sheesh.

What's next, we need to get legendaries on every character to give us insane resource regen or other insane stuff that trivializes the game? Reminds me of Enigma.
Thanks Bash.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]