Diablo® III

Expansion(s)?...but we vanquished Satan...

...how can you top Satan in terms of next boss?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
By killing Death.
Reply Quote
Killing Diablo in D2 didn't prevent Blizzard from making an expansion set about Baal.

Kinda wish they had given Mephisto his own expansion as well.
Reply Quote
Killing Diablo in D2 didn't prevent Blizzard from making an expansion set about Baal.

Kinda wish they had given Mephisto his own expansion as well.
Who?
Reply Quote
The third Prime Evil, who gets killed at the end of the very act that had him introduced.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 6/23/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Revenge of the Thieve's Guild
Reply Quote
Killing Diablo then going after Baal is a little different than killing the Prime Evil then fighting a corrupted Angel or chasing a Witch.

The only similarity I can see is it will be a 'race against the clock' thing, where the heroes were trying to catch up to or beat Baal to the Worldstone, in the D3 expansion the heroes are going to be trying to stop some other world destroy scheme.

So whoever it is, they won't be as strong as Diablo was, but they will be just as dangerous. Though game mechanics will obviously make them tougher.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/23/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Stepback
Killing Diablo then going after Baal is a little different than killing the Prime Evil then fighting a corrupted Angel or chasing a Witch.

I'll agree on Adria, but chasing a corrupted angel is almost the same thing, if not better than chasing Baal. We've never fought an angel before, they're on par in strength with the Prime Evils and it opens up a bunch of new possibilities.

06/23/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Stepback
So whoever it is, they won't be as strong as Diablo was,

We don't know this for sure. If Malthael taps into a universal concept, it's fully possible he'd become stronger than Diablo Prime. Remember, Diablo Prime is not Tethemat, that would require all of Hell to be compressed into a single being, landscape and all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The Black Soulstone wasn't destroyed, at least i don't think it is. We saw it falling through the clouds last. For Imperius to become wrath my guess is that he would have to use the Black Soulstone, gain control of heaven and hell, and then TOGETHER try to annihilate the Nephalem/Sanctuary. The angels could side with us and it would be us (angels and humans) against Imperius, "the strongest warrior in all of creation", with the added powers of the prime evils. Either way, summing it all up, chances are we're going to go after Adria, save Leah (probably with Zoltun Kulle or Cain) and fight a prime evil with a more powerful host (Leah was human not nephalem and in theory the spiritual form is only half the picture, the physical form is the other half. In my mind Diablo was not at his full potential b/c his host was only part demon. If the prime evil had a more poweful host, like an angel or demon, than it would make sense that he would be more powerful.) Idc what they do as long as i get to kill Adria :D. (Making her the prime evil would be interesting because of her already vast knowledge and skill in magic but they probably need her as her own separate boss. Each act has had atleast three main boss: Leoric, Warden, Butcher. Maghda Zoltun Kulle, Belial. Ghom, Sieighbreaker, Cydea, Azmodan. Rakanoth, Izual, and finally Diablo.) Three bosses i would use are Adria (SHE MUST DIE) Malthael, and then Imperius empowered by the Black Soulstone.
Sorry its so long the more i typed the more i thought XD
Reply Quote
What the most interesting thing they will need to do is make the main boss credible, we just ROFL Stomped "The Prime Evil", so if we go after Imperius or Malthael or whomever, it will be interesting to how they can make the enemy be a credible threat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/23/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Angellinea
For Imperius to become wrath my guess is that he would have to use the Black Soulstone, gain control of heaven and hell, and then TOGETHER try to annihilate the Nephalem/Sanctuary.

Barring some sort of corruption, which we haven't seen any sign of in Imperius, he wouldn't do this. Imperius is good. He wouldn't join forces with Hell.

06/23/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Hawkeye
What the most interesting thing they will need to do is make the main boss credible, we just ROFL Stomped "The Prime Evil", so if we go after Imperius or Malthael or whomever, it will be interesting to how they can make the enemy be a credible threat.

Diablo is the 'Prime Evil' in that he is all Seven together. Not Tethemat. If Malthael literally becomes death or somehow takes hold of the universal concept of death, then that would put him above almost any other being. The Evils can die, as can Angels, and even Tethemat and Anu died.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well based on the video of Imperius vs Diablo he can shoot a powerful ray from his spear and he can enter an almost immune form and then pop out just to attack after moving at an increased speed towards the target. Malthael is still technically wisdom (even though he left the council and went insane) so i would guess he would be a more magical fight similar to Zoltun Kulle. I don't think that we (the player) have ever actually fought against an Archangel so in theory they could do almost anything with the fight. I only started playing with D3 so if I'm wrong about the previous statement I'm sorry. And to Hawkeye although the fight had easy mechanics almost all the bosses in this game do. D3 is a game based on simple technique and increasing gear necessity. I wish it was more skill based and less gear based but I can't change it and only recently (after over 200 hrs total of play) I'm getting bored of farming gold for the AH.
Anyway main point: Blizzard could do almost anything with a fight against the archangels but chances are once you see all their (Malthael's/Imperius') moves once or twice you'll realize that you either need better gear or to pay more attention to beat them.
Edited by Deamon#1918 on 6/23/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/23/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Angellinea
Malthael is still technically wisdom (even though he left the council and went insane) so i would guess he would be a more magical fight similar to Zoltun Kulle.

If you watch the Wrath trailer, Malthael is able to redirect blades thrown at him with no effort. He literally just positions his hands as they're coming at him and the hit his arms in such as way that the weapons are redirected and fly back at the enemy.

Think of it as a monk being able to stop a sword with a finger because they know the exact place to touch it. Now imagine that for everything, everywhere, at all times.

He gave the impression that you could not touch him so long as he didn't permit it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Barring some sort of corruption, which we haven't seen any sign of in Imperius, he wouldn't do this. Imperius is good. He wouldn't join forces with Hell.

Based on his hatred of the Nephalem (which you could argue is warranted, not gonna touch that subject XD,) I doubt it would be much of a stretch to say that he would do anything to kill us and rationalize it as utilitarian, for the greatest good. Therefore in his mind he could use any and all means necessary to destroy us b/c he sees us as dangerous to heaven/the angels, everything he wants to protect. I'm not trying to say that Imperius is evil I'm just saying that "Hell is paved with good intentions" and based on what blizzard tried to make us think of Imperius we will fight him in an expansion or two. For that fight to be interesting at all he would either need to combine the 5 archangels into one (the Prime Good XD) or be the host for the prime evils OR combine the powers of the prime evils and the prime good. That would HAVE to be a great fight. Nephalem, the spawn of demons and angels against the strongest angel/demon EVER :D. Anything is possible in a fantasy game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Here's the thing. Imperius is objectively good. And any part of Hell is objectively evil. And we know Angels cannot go against their 'programming' unless corrupted.

Imperius wants humanity dead because they're half hellspawn, which is true, which does make him righteous in his cause, even if Tyrael and Auriel disagree. Him joining or commanding Hell in any way would be illogical.

The only reason Imperius hates humanity is because of their half-demon blood. To join with full blooded demons would wouldn't make sense.
Reply Quote
Well, if anyone payed close attention, when Diablo fell from the Pinnacle of Heaven and disintegrated, the Black Soul Stone (housing all of the Evils), continues to fall, untouched into the clouds. Just pointing that out, because y'know... That and every time Deckard Cain says "I fear the worst if [insert line] should happen," it happens. ie: All the evils 'uniting.' All the evils became the 'Prime Evil.' He feared that we'd be in some big trouble should Azmodan decide to invade Sanctuary... Oh look. There's Azmodan... invading Sanctuary... you get the picture.

Also, earlier in a separate teaser video, Diablo coaxes Imperius saying something along the lines of, "Tell them what you truly are." So yes, I believe Imperius is somewhat corrupted or something else entirely. Just don't know what. Those are the only two existing hints I could find at something interesting.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?keywords=&view#/wrath-trailer
3:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn8nj_VLy_o
0:37
Edited by Scribbles#1312 on 6/23/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/23/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Melyria
He gave the impression that you could not touch him so long as he didn't permit it.

That was when he was constantly fighting and sane. Also those were weak demons. He probably has infinite knowledge of demons and angels but, please correct me if I'm wrong, but after Inarius stole the Worldstone he went insane, which implies he does not have complete wisdom against humans, and more importantly, the Nephalem. The archangel of Fate Ithereal knew nothing about the Nephalem except that they were outside of the cycle of fate (having true free will). I interpret this as though Malthael had total wisdom of those w/o true free will AND after Inarius broke this cycle that Malthael went insane and lost most if not all his fighting prowess as he started to wander for the answers no one can ever find. Impressions mean almost nothing. In the wrath video (which i just re-watched) ALL the archangels seemed unbeatable/untouchable. Imperius stabbed Diablo once and he was dead. The Wrath video purposefully made the angris council seem unbeatable when they were together in stark contrast to how weak they seem now that they are separated and in disorder. I'm actually having fun with this back and forth Melyria :).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/23/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Melyria
Angels cannot go against their 'programming' unless corrupted.

Um does that mean Inarius was corrupted when he decided to create Sanctuary, because him and some angels AND demons (Lilith i think was the main one) came together, put aside their differences and lived in peace and harmony AND reproduced with each other. So unless Inarius was corrupted or Lilith was purified your statement above has just been dis-proven by lore. Side note: How can two completely opposite beings (Demons and Angels) reproduce ANYTHING when they are completely different species? Has this occurred to anyone else? Or is it like the horse and the donkey make a mule. But the mule is sterile... W/e its fantasy lore, anything can happen XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/23/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Angellinea
He probably has infinite knowledge of demons and angels but, please correct me if I'm wrong, but after Inarius stole the Worldstone he went insane,

No, he simply left the council to contemplate his failures, to contemplate life and death, how the worldstone could've been taken and how its destruction would change creation. He left 20 years prior, when Tyrael destroying it.

06/23/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Angellinea
The archangel of Fate Ithereal knew nothing about the Nephalem except that they were outside of the cycle of fate (having true free will).

Fate and wisdom aren't the same thing though. Itherael knows things because he reads the scrolls of fate, Malthael knows things because he observes them and understands them on a fundamental level.
Reply Quote
I would like to see Innarius come back as a plot. :) His entire story was so very interesting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]