Diablo® III

Expansion(s)?...but we vanquished Satan...

06/24/2012 05:51 AMPosted by Melyria
We have fought Izual twice, we have fought an angel before.

Izual was an angel's spirit shoved into a demon's body. Not the same thing, as they do not possess the same skills and powers. Izual is a demon who has an angel driving him.

We have fought the overlords (the Butcher demon...) who are the twisted, deformed and corrupted followers of Inarius (plot hole the size of a small moon...) who were angels, now corrupted.

This was pre-Sin War retcon, wherein Angels were not very well described. Overlords, such as the Butcher, are now demons sewn together out of a number of other demons.

You fight Izual in D2 as an angel, not a demon. He is an angel tortured and twisted out of his mind, (his spirit is never... ahem... ripped from his being and shoved into some demon), you are sent down to "put him out of his misery".

Don't even quote retconning from an out of game novel, its cheap and stupid. D1 and D2 lore clearly state that the overlord demons are the twisted and mutated followers of Inarius, and are in fact angels. It also -CLEARLY- describes where Inarius is currently. Just because some hack got a crazy hair up his !@# and wrote a completely different story from the game, doesn't change what you did in those games.

But then you eat everything Blizzard $%^-s out, so I would figure that you would come up with some crap "no you didn't kill me, I have a super powerful shield that can stop your lazer of doom... nu-uh.." childish *!@#. Shut up, you are wrong, leave.

He is still an angel, shut up and admit you are wrong you $%^-ing idiot. You
Reply Quote
lets say as the black soul stone falls some how it ends up in the hands of the thieves guild :), some how they manage to use it to do some naughty things
Reply Quote
From 'The Fallen Angel' quest dialog in Diablo II, Tyrael speech:

There is a dark, tortured soul who was trapped within this forsaken realm long ago. He was called Izual by mortal men, and in ages past he was my most trusted Lieutenant. Yet, against my wishes he led an ill-fated assault upon the fiery Hellforge, itself. Despite his valor and strength, Izual was captured by the Prime Evils and twisted by their perverse power. They forced him to betray his own kind and give up Heaven's most guarded secrets. He became a corrupt shadow of his former self - a fallen angel trusted neither by Heaven nor Hell. For his transgressions, Izual's spirit was bound within the form of a terrible creature which was summoned from the Abyss. His maddened spirit has resided within that tortured husk for many ages now. It seems to me that he has suffered long enough. I implore you, hero, find Izual and release him from his cruel imprisonment. Put an end to his guilt and suffering.

It was indeed Izual spirit trapped in some demon body from the abyss.
Reply Quote
*posted by Melyria* So yes, if Imperius wanted to he could just snap his fingers and activate whatever weapon the High Heavens had and could just unmake Sanctuary. Or he could lead the Hosts of Heaven into Sanctuary and when we joined the battle, simple kill you with a well placed arrow or bolt of lightning.

So it isn't a matter of "Well he can't take us", because he might not 1v1, but nobody said anything about 1v1. If he really thought humanity was a threat, it'd be more likely he'd hijack that weapon or lead the army into Sanctuary, rather than going to the Hells for aid.

*posted by MrRoberto*did you know that there is something called RESISTANCE so if you are lvl 60 with 100% all
resist then the "well placed arrow of bolt of lightning" will do 0 DAMAGE so diablo cant give you a stab in the but and kill you or imperius won't wont give you instant kill with a back stab which means you are ultimately IMMORTAL if you have 100 % resistance from inferno items used in hell mode

*posted by Melyria* Okay. Play hardcore inferno. That is your test on how possible it is to survive.

You'd find out that even an elite pack of zombies would kill any adventurer.

inferno is supposed to be even harder than real life and there is a guy who can solo kill diablo in inferno mode in hard core and he killed diablo in less than a minute.

and nephelem were borne from both angels and demons so they have angel powers and demon powers.

also after you kill diablo's shadow he knows your a threat why couldn't he "stab you in the but" then ?

it took a world stone to create sanctuary so it will take one to destroy sanctuary and since the only one was destroyed 20 years ago imperius cant do that and soon there will be nephelem in the millions so imagine a guy who can kill all seven evils, and multiply him by ten million vs a few billion guys who are weaker than imperius who just got killed by diablo with a stab and a roar and he's the guy you just killed. there wont just be 1 nephelem bye the time imperius takes heaven back from tyrial
Edited by MrRoberto on 6/27/2012 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think there are going to be expansions because blizzard made allot of money from diablo 3 so they want to make more money you'l probably fight some crazed Nephelem who is trying to find every half to full nephelem in the world to lead an army against angels and demons because he has a grudge or he's just crazy
Reply Quote
You know, Imperious reminds me a lot of good ol Lucifer.

The Archangel who got cast out of heaven simply because he would not "bow" to humans.

Sounds a lot like Imperious if you ask me, could make him turn into the final boss of the expansion.

Also I'm glad someone pointed out Cain jinxing us with his premonitions. He said in of the books you get from his satchel that "He fears for Mephisto's return" that sounds like foreshadowing to me.

I really wish if there was an expansion there was a chance we could redeem Aidan and Leah, heck for all we know since Aidan was bound to Diablo he also got stuck in the black soul stone and by extension Leah as well.

And for redeeming them we get to fight their corrupted sides, Imagine facing Aidan and Leah at the same time, could be something, and for a bonus, they could add in Adria.

The Warrior: Aidan, The Rogue: Leah, The Sorceress: Adria

Diablo 1 class line up, and to kick it up a notch they'd use skills from Diablo 1 lol

As for Inarius now that there's nobody in hell left to guard him, I expect him to make a come back, probably mad from the eternity of torture and wants to revenge on the council.

If there are gonna be multiple expansions. I expect Tyrael since he's now wisdom, to fill in Deckard Cain's shoes.

All in all these are my wishlist for the expansion, and a little bit of my opinion.
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 01:50 PMPosted by KarmaKaze
...how can you top Satan in terms of next boss?

How many times now have we killed "Satan" aka Diablo?

A) It's almost obvious that the expansion is Imperius.
B) No matter what we do, Diablo's coming back to life in Diablo 4.
Reply Quote
in D2 we fight 1 Prime evil each act...
that make D3 less epic : act 1 the butcher is the boss act
if Blizz make Tathamet the boss act of the expansion... what you-nephalem heroes think?
Inarius and his WAG should be back, so do malthael...
2 new classes... just like old times...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]