Diablo® III

Ideas to Make Diablo 3 Survive for a Decade!

op words are strong in truth
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Thanks for spending time on this. I will be reading and leaving comments as I go along. The Diablo community appreciates it, and I hope that Blizzard does too.
Reply Quote
bumperoo
Reply Quote
Since reading this thread and learning about the prime "motivators", I've looked back on a lot of other games I enjoyed, or games that I wanted to enjoy but didn't and looked at their systems and mechanics in new light. They were all over the map depending on the situation, but I found that a lot of the games I really enjoy have strong game mechanics around Autonomy and/or Mastery. I've never been terribly big on multiplayer since its something I don't particularly care for, but I can see how many of them also increased the sense of Purpose through it with PvP and other social interactions.
Reply Quote
^^ That's a cool side discussion. It's funny how learning a new way of looking at things can change your understanding of how\why you find things fun and interesting.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
we need gamers making games for gamers.

we dont need any more businessmen.

we already seen what business men did to D3.

But I'm a businessman and a gamer :/

What do I do?!
Reply Quote
Well, I'd like to believe that "happy gamers = bigger profits" in the long run. Franchises like Diablo shouldn't be released for a quick buck.

I have faith in this game still, as evidenced by my 31 pages of constructive criticism.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Bump +1 thumbs up times 15 this better make it to mr Jay "my way or the highway" Wilsons desk.
Reply Quote
Haha, I rather the idea of Jay Wilson thumbing through this document from his desk.
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 08:28 AMPosted by TieMiShoe
you failed

Did I fail with this thread, because you don't trust Business\Econ students?

Or do I fail as a Business\Econ student, because I want this game to succeed in the long run, as opposed to being a cash-cow?
Reply Quote
hope blizz reads this cuz it's exactly as the op described it...
Reply Quote
good read. i think that just increasing the incentives for co-op play would make the game a thousand times more fun. the more friends you can play with, the better. increase the number from 4 to 8, and increase the bonuses given out while playing co-op. this game died for me once me and my friends hit inferno and found out that soloing>grouping.
Reply Quote
Well, I'd like to believe that "happy gamers = bigger profits" in the long run. Franchises like Diablo shouldn't be released for a quick buck.

I have faith in this game still, as evidenced by my 31 pages of constructive criticism.

You don't have to "believe" in that, it's an objective fact. As long as no one is coerced or forced into buying it, then it is absolutely true.

I don't think anyone really believes Blizz released Diablo to make a "quick buck", but some trolls will let you think that. It may not have turned out as well as gamers would have liked, but Blizz has every reason to see it turned around.

@Direwolf, Activision may be applying pressure to get games out and make money, (they obviously are), but even if they are the greediest money-grubbing corporate sellouts there are, it is still in their best interest to make a quality game. A rush job to release will ultimately result in them cashing in all the gamer's goodwill in the franchise. It's in theirs, and the gamer's, long term interest that it is not just a cash-n-grab release. D3 was not a rush job, they tried to mix it up and made a lot of changes, and it's impossible to know how things will turn out. They took some risks, some payed off, others didn't. so they will more than likely address the core issues. It is just going to take time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]