Diablo® III

Ideas to Make Diablo 3 Survive for a Decade!

Very good read... I wish jay would read this.

I only saw one problem, Prestige. Not sure how they would implement this into the game, to give people the satisfaction of what they earned. Since the game is mostly solo play and a very small co-op, can only think of one thing they could do.

Add a title to your banner. Since the banner is almost worthless, can barely see the emblems on them.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
1. Login
2. Stare at my toon and think “Man, he basically looks like every other Monk i’ve seen”
3. Check Auction House
4. Frown
5. Start a game or join a public game if I’m feeling saucy
6. Kill 5-10 Elites
7. Get 7 Level 55 Rares and a bunch of trash blues.
8. Don’t even bother with a boss
9. Die, because I’m bored and not paying attention to Arcane lasers
10. Look and my repair bill, and then just exit the game.

Wow... that describes my entire Diablo 3 experience. I don't die very much, so my repair bills aren't too high, but the rest of it is so true.
Reply Quote
What do you mean your monk looks like every other monk you've seen? Have you not heard of clothing dye! Gawd! The nerve of some people..
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
SOLUTION: Unlock the Acts! Open up all the waypoints! Remove all the cutscenes and “Hiddon Futprints” as an option! Make all the bosses spawn, every game. There’s a reason it worked so well!

Two things about this.

First, if you don't mind not killing the bosses (Which shouldn't be a big deal since they drop roughly the same loot as elite packs) you can just use the last waypoint of a given act and farm the entire place, storyline disabled.

Second, if you're absolutely set on needing the bosses to be there, your best bet is to keep pushing for this in as many places as you can; Core game features rely on the game having sequence points that are non-retractable. This feature would only be implemented in a fairly major rewrite of multiple world mechanics, something that could only possibly happen in an expension.
Reply Quote
Totally agreed.

My 2 cents:

+ make coopplay more rewarding, the "more exp per player" worked really well on D2.
+ change the quest system, give a real reward but make them non repeatable. (like in D2).
+ more VIABLE build diversity, so not every class has the same build, at least on HC inferno.
+ add Diamonds & Saphires to the jeweler.
+ add crafting recipes to the jeweler with random affixes on the resulting gems, hes pretty useless atm.

You forgot skulls and rune words. Do not forget these.
Reply Quote
Excellent. Very well thought out and organized thus far. I agree with you so far and I'm happy you've taken the time to put this together.

CrazyJeff? More like Rational Logic-wielding Jeff.
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 04:01 PMPosted by xdeevex
CrazyJeff? More like Rational Logic-wielding Jeff.

I'll take this under advisement for Part 2 Hahaha
Reply Quote
my typical Diablo 3 session has changed. It usually goes as follows

1. Login
2. Stare at my toon and think “Man, he basically looks like every other Monk i’ve seen”
3. Check Auction House
4. Frown
5. Start a game or join a public game if I’m feeling saucy
6. Kill 5-10 Elites
7. Get 7 Level 55 Rares and a bunch of trash blues.
8. Don’t even bother with a boss
9. Die, because I’m bored and not paying attention to Arcane lasers
10. Look and my repair bill, and then just exit the game.

This. 1000X this. Except half the time I just go from step 4 right to step 10.5 (exit) just because I can't motivate myself to play the game. I'd rather go and work. Now, I like my work, so that's not as bad as I make it sound. But look at it from my point of view: the entire point of Diablo 3 is to get better gear with which to farm better gear. This is cyclical: you farm so you can farm better.

The problem is, with the RMAH, you can buy a "lottery win" item (1/100,000,000 drops) for $250. I can make $250 much faster by doing what I do for money than I can get 100,000,000 drops and/or farm up enough gold to buy a similar item on the gold auction house. And since all I'd be buying the item for is to farm item/gold better, why would I ever do that? I will never be able to farm items or gold as quickly as I can "farm" an equivalent amount of real money... so why play the game at all?

The RMAH has made doing my job the most efficient way to progress in the game, and it's done this so efficiently that I have no need to play the game at all, because no matter how much more powerful I become in the game.

I don't want to jump on the "RMAH ruined Diablo 3" bandwagon... but it kind of did.
Reply Quote
Part 2 is finished and linked in the OP
Reply Quote
le Bump
Reply Quote
between you post an the link to the story by laz you guys really nailed the problems in the game. this is what diablo3 needs
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Well said, Jeff! Hopefully the blues'll see this, read it, and realize a lot of players agree with you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Justice bump
Reply Quote
this thread really needs to be noticed by blizzard. they say they want answers an ideas on how to fix the problems yet when they are given the thread gets ignored
Reply Quote
Lots of good stuff in here, nice job Op. Back to the top, HAyHaY!
Reply Quote
Good job. The problem is that at this point the game need a HUGE overhaul, not just small corrections. And that would be an admission of failure from Blizzard and the developing team, besides I am not sure if some of them actually realize how amazingly far off the mark Diablo 3 is. Tunnel vision etc.
Reply Quote
this is sick, man ! hope d3 will get their heads outta their arses.
Reply Quote
We got a runaway 10 year old who thinks he's smart here...
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 01:02 AMPosted by drunkie
this thread really needs to be noticed by blizzard. they say they want answers an ideas on how to fix the problems yet when they are given the thread gets ignored

i really don't want people like this speaking for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]