Diablo® III

Ideas to Make Diablo 3 Survive for a Decade!

Man, you sure did waste a lot of time.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
sticky requested, billion dollar decision for blizz, imagine all the revenue they get from rmah if the game survives for 10 years
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
View profile
I don't know how I missed this thread, but thank you for such a detailed and interesting thread/read. I don't have the time to read through it all at the moment, but from what I did read it's incredibly constructive and just a good presentation overall.

I'm going to send this to the CMs for possible extra exposure to the developers.

Genuinely, thank you for writing up this whole thing. Your passion behind it is really awesome.
Edited by Practical#1393 on 6/26/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You hit the nail on the head OP.

It seems like Diablo fans want the game to succeed more than the delvs do.
Reply Quote
Yes, we need more of threads of this tone, far more constructive.
Reply Quote
This is amazing! OP's got it all figured out as far as I'm concerned. This is a game I would play for a long time as opposed to "Do I want to play the game, or would I rather go to the forums in hopes of finding something that points the them making this game better...? To the forums it is!" Here's my biggest issue with all of this at this point: The game is, as the OP puts it, unappealing to the three "players" out there. Many members of the community, like the OP and Kripp (mentioned in the doc) have been devoting a great deal of time/energy into trying to make things better, because as an avid fan myself, we want this game to succeed (It does have a great deal of potential).

My issue is that I feel as though these efforts are falling on deaf ears, which is quite irritating. When I think of blizzard, I remember a company that worked with its fans to create something truly amazing. With D3, there seems to be a lack of collaboration. I know people will say "They're busy they don't have time to read every suggestion put on the forums." But at the same time threads like this that will end up on the "Popular topics" section, should at least be acknowledged. I know it's a little selfish, but a simple "Hey, we know things aren't great right now, but we read your suggestions and are working on it" would do all but restore my complete faith in this company.
Reply Quote
I don't know how I missed this thread, but thank you for such a detailed and interesting thread/read. I don't have the time to read through it all at the moment, but from what I did read it's incredibly constructive and just a good presentation overall.

I'm going to send this to the CMs for possible extra exposure to the developers.

Genuinely, thank you for writing up this whole thing. Your passion behind it is really awesome.

:O !!

Thanks for the recognition, I'm feeling rather humbled that this has made such an impact so quickly.
Edited by CrazyJeff#1902 on 6/26/2012 7:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
19 Undead Priest
just hope Blizz reads this and many like it
Edited by Rip#1541 on 6/26/2012 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
hey crazy Jeff, im big Jeff, maybe we can be friends
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 07:15 AMPosted by BigJeffrey
hey crazy Jeff, im big Jeff, maybe we can be friends

:D
Reply Quote
Good read overall, and I concur with many of your points.

On the point of a way for players to be recognized, a ladder system that can be accessed from anywhere, in real-time, would be fantastic.

A few proposals that I've seen for more addictive behaviors within the gaming population:

More levels
Champion Levels
PVP Ranks
Ladder system

In his video, Kripp suggested that the ladder system be connected with the champion and pvp ranking systems. I, personally, don't think this is a way to go. However, these levels / ranks do need to be in place, and take a LOOOONG time to get to.

I've also seen suggestions for an endless, incremental dungeon. This should be the ladder system.

• Each level has 2 elite packs, 1 *end of level mini-boss*, that is "terrorizing" a small caravan (repair / sell agents / stash).
  • Each level is incrementally more difficult than the last.. The first level could be the difficulty of the mode you're in, ie: normal, nm, hell, inferno. The second level is twice has hard as the first, the third level is 3x as hard as the 2nd, the fourth level is 4x as hard.. etc. All the way up to 100+ levels
  • There should be a way, out of game, to see who is progressing through the dungeon, using an API that can be used on a 3rd party website.
Reply Quote
06/26/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Kurogami
I've also seen suggestions for an endless, incremental dungeon. This should be the ladder system.

I've read about this idea and LOVE it!

I'll probably end up drawing some attention to it in Part 3, which is all about adding flair to the endgame.

Adding all the bells and whistles that give players a variety of fun things to do.
Edited by CrazyJeff#1902 on 6/26/2012 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You summed up exactly how I feel about this game as well. Love the "frown" part.
Reply Quote
What a great (and depressing) read.

It perfectly demonstrates the poor state this game is currently in. Surely, Blizzard cares enough about their fans and this highly acclaimed franchise to revert the damage, right? Right?! :(
Reply Quote
Your very intellectual and I wish blizzard would employ you! I agree 100% with your writup and I hope they will listen, somehow I doubt they do. Thanks for the time you took to address the concerns of the community.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]