Diablo® III

Ideas to Make Diablo 3 Survive for a Decade!

waiting for part 3
Reply Quote
Really interesting.
Reply Quote
+1

Damn
Reply Quote
I will eat my shoe on youtube the day Blizzard listen to this community
Reply Quote
It's a really good read, it summed up issues and potential fixes that alot of people have. Alot of the stuff in there is a big overhaul of the game. Considering the final product of D3 took so many years to complete, doing half of this will take a couple of years :)

I think that the people Blizzard should blame is the "internal strike team" theese are the ones that should have sat down with the developers and say: hey look, i think the game needs more to do when u reach lvl 60 and have beaten inferno.
For the developers themselves its alot harder to actually find flaws like this because they loose perspective and tend to look more at the "raw bone of the game" rather than features like much of this stuff.
Reply Quote
bump

had d3 opening day. already sick and tired and bored of it and i actually had fun when it came out. week 1..couldnt get enough. week 2 had 2 lvl 60s. weeks 3 trying to clear inferno. week 4-6...AH..AH..butcher...AH...AH...crap ive filled my slots...wait a day and a half. week 7 i havent logged on. this is garbage! i didnt hold out much hope for bliz after the crap house that was starcraft2. listen, if you wanna put all these freaking protections on the game so nobody "pirates it" then why dont freaking think about whether youre making a game that someone actually would want to pirate. get your head out of your a$$ bliz and do your freaking job!
Reply Quote
I agree with all of your suggestions. It is how the game should of been on release, but instead it will be 2 years down the track before the game gets good from numerous patches and or an expansion pack to fix it, but unfortunately, it's to-little-to-late and the damage is done.

In that time the majority of people will be off playing Guild Wars 2 or other better games, while Blizzard are trying to repair D3 along with their bad reputation they made for themselves.

Also the stealth nerf to the quality of drops in patch 1.03 i.e acts 3/4 inferno "which was not added in the patch notes, and was made to look like a buff with the revised drop rate table" was deliberately misleading to the community, and was the last straw for me from Blizzard, and I will cancel my WoW sub, and wont buy anymore of their products again.
Edited by Jzx#1259 on 6/27/2012 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This thread needs a lot more attention and discussion. The board moves so fast...

Patiently awaiting part 3.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I'm CrazyJeff, and I want Diablo III to succeed.

Introduction:

Diablo III is a fun game. Let me get that out now, I enjoy playing Diablo III and would like to continue enjoying it, potentially, for years. However, now that I have 2 Level 60’s, Inferno has been cleared, my items are sufficient, and farming Act 1 ad nauseum is the most efficient way to find upgrades (read: more money to spend on the Auction House) my typical Diablo 3 session has changed. It usually goes as follows

1. Login
2. Stare at my toon and think “Man, he basically looks like every other Monk i’ve seen”
3. Check Auction House
4. Frown
5. Start a game or join a public game if I’m feeling saucy
6. Kill 5-10 Elites
7. Get 7 Level 55 Rares and a bunch of trash blues.
8. Don’t even bother with a boss
9. Die, because I’m bored and not paying attention to Arcane lasers
10. Look and my repair bill, and then just exit the game.

Sincerely,

Jeff

UPDATE: ADDED PART 2

Oh WOW! Im not the only one who does this! HAHAHAHA, oh man, im gonna play Max Payne 3 or find some other game until the game i once enjoyed gets fixed.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Great read.
Reply Quote
When can we expect to read part 3?
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Orthogonal
When can we expect to read part 3?

I'm writing it currently :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
HOLY !@#$ YES PLEASE!
Sorry for my burst of joy but that 'bob the barbarian bit' was perfect. I love the idea of having a guaranteed drop after hours of farming a specific place or boss with stacks of NV. It finally gives a purpose to it all, yes it may take a REALLY long time but the idea of getting an item that will actually be good is amazing.

~TACO~
Reply Quote
I'm writing it currently :D

Excellent, I'm most interested in your thoughts on the Auction House economy. I don't know what direction you will take with it, but personally, I am shocked that they didn't learn their lesson from D2 by shoe horning everyone into a gold based economy again.

If there was any lesson they should have learned, it's that people will barter and develop their own forms of currency to better serve their needs than an overly abundant commodity that literaly springs from the ground and everything else you touch.

People used Stones of Jordan and high level Runes as currency for a reason. They maintained a much more stable "value" over time. In game gold has no future.
Edited by Chronos#1529 on 6/28/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Part 3: Concerning Artisans, PvP and the Auction House Economy has been posted.

Share this with your friends, and try and keep it front page. Support is appreciated!
Reply Quote
hump de bump
Reply Quote
Bump. I especially liked the points about Autonomy and Mastery.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]