Diablo® III

Ideas to Make Diablo 3 Survive for a Decade!

+ add Diamonds & Saphires to the jeweler.

Or the ability to combine gems of different colors (i.e. combine a red and green).

I'll add this to community suggestions for crafting!
Reply Quote
I realy, realy hope that at least a guy from blizzard will read this. Just imagine that blizzard will implement at least one of your solution, it'll bring D3 from a boring game to a incredibly experience.

The thing i just want to see in the game if it was just one will be the Selective Drop Diversity. As mention before, that moment was so perfect, it's just amazing that this would be real. You can farm, farm and farm again for days just for loot the item you want. As a old GW player, i can't believe that you could drop a perfect weapon, or a awesome legendary on a semi corpse crawling zombie with the same drop rate that the incredibly strong and powerfull badass evil who want to rule the world.
Reply Quote
OP is genius. BLIZZ please pay attention to this. None of his requests seem completely over the top. All you have to do is approve it!
Reply Quote
Diablo 4: Black Ops will probably be out by next year.

They have no intentions of attempting to rival the greatness that is D2.
Reply Quote
Best read ever! please Blizzard get some of the ideas from his thread into your game. we want it and we will enjoy.
i hope you can save the game. i enjoyed D2 for years and buyed it again from your shop after i lost my Cd-keys just to play it again. :)
Reply Quote
This is the Diablo... I would've wanted to play for so many years. Don't get me wrong I still play the game, and still have some things to do (only been playing for abt 200hrs (lol) ). However I find myself thinking sometimes it gets boring.

However OMG, the improvements, the pvp part was simply astonoshing tbh I don't care if Diablo 3 makes a game with these improvements, I will and would drop Diablo 3 ANYTIME for game with a PVP like the one described. Absolutely amazing, and OP

This has been one of the better read I have ever done in these forums

Threads like this make reading the forums and skimming through the QQ worth a while amazing.

Kudos to you
Reply Quote
dont forget to thumbs up the thread so the devs get to see it.
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 08:45 AMPosted by drachenbart
dont forget to thumbs up the thread so the devs get to see it.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
Umm what if you make a TL; DR part on the original post, (in case those people are lazy and did not open the docs?)
Reply Quote
Good Suggestion, I'll get on it.
Reply Quote
The accuracy of Part 1 got me to read the rest, thank you.
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 08:55 AMPosted by AcidSkift3kk
The accuracy of Part 1 got me to read the rest, thank you.

Feel free to discuss what you liked\didn't like.

UPDATE: Added a TL;DR to facilitate quicker discussion, and sum up the ideas in the articles
Reply Quote
Requested a sticky.
Reply Quote
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/vstj6/making_diablo_3_survive_for_a_decade_part_2/
upvote
Reply Quote
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/vstj6/making_diablo_3_survive_for_a_decade_part_2/
upvote

There's already a couple Reddits for these articles:

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/vsnhs/blizz_making_diablo_3_survive_a_decade_complete_3/

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/vl66u/blizzard_making_diablo_3_survive_for_a_decade/
Reply Quote
I would suggest re-writing the whole post, as it is both very good but a lot longer than necessary, then requesting the sticky.

It is very good that some of us are seriously thinking on the end-game and how to help this game going where we want it to go.
Reply Quote
+1

I read the most of the document and it's worth it. I'll read the whole thing again.

Nice document and i totally support it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i usually just browse the forum about d3 rather than play it and not even bother to log into either, but in this case I HAD to log in and give my support to such awesome ideas.

thx for taking the time to write it and in such an intelligent, plausible, and entertaining manner.

The only comment is that I would love to see this PvP system implemented and i'm not even big on pvp. I agree that those with fat checkbooks could dominate while those who are basically the rank and file of the game would be crushed dramatically underfoot. I like competition if it's skill based and not gear based (basically a fair fight), so having yourself and your team geared and equipped similarly as your opponent is a wunderbar idea. Who'd have thunk?

The only thing i disagree with in PvP is the Factions. sure it's a great idea but it seems to me there will be one faction perhaps viewed as less popular (let's say for example Hell gear or flag is too spiky and ugly so no one will play it or Heaven is too sparkly and girly and the tabard is pink, not that I'm saying they would be but let's use that as an example). there is the risk of having a certain type of player making up the majority of a certain faction while the other faction gets the "noobs" and/or people who picked Heaven cuz the helmet is pretty (or Hell cuz you get to look like terminator). Or something. I think you know what I'm talking about here. No biggie, a rivalry between factions is fun and invigorating, but can be unbalanced, with wow as an example alliance gets (or used to get, not sure anymore) long BG q's while horde got the instant q's, based on the amount of players in your realm and then in your battle group. I would just like to see that sort of thing avoided.
Reply Quote
I just did the same thing as Covenant did. Just had to log in to support OP.

Thanks CrazyJeff. Very well thought out post. I really do hope a blue reads this and takes at least some of the suggestions to the next meeting with the devs.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]