Diablo® III

Ideas to Make Diablo 3 Survive for a Decade!

I agree.. great thread.

I have my thoughts here.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795160080?page=1
Reply Quote
totally agree.
Edited by Gustx8#1358 on 6/29/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm CrazyJeff, and I want Diablo III to succeed.

Why? They gutted a great series so idiots can go to work making blizz money.

It deserves a swift death.

Pretty harsh words. Is this how you feel about your own gainful employment? If you made something that didn't turn out as expected you're just an idiot making money for the MAN?
Reply Quote

Why? They gutted a great series so idiots can go to work making blizz money.

It deserves a swift death.

Pretty harsh words. Is this how you feel about your own gainful employment? If you made something that didn't turn out as expected you're just an idiot making money for the MAN?

No the people playing night and day to sell stuff on the RMAH are idiots. They are basically working for blizz earning slave wages. My previous post was not very clear sorry.

Blizz knew what they were doing, they are greedy jerks, not idiots. Personally I would be embarrassed to say I worked on such an obvious sell out money grab game like this though.

The damage is done, Blizzard's reputation will never be the same.
Edited by doob#1197 on 6/29/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 12:57 PMPosted by platelamp
Bump for justice, these documents outline fixes for a potentially greater diablo! Blizzard, take a look, you should have hired this guy

You guys think Blizzard is trying to make a fun game. This is nowhere near the top of their list of priorities, only a cursory glance at the game will tell you this.
Reply Quote

No the people playing night and day to sell stuff on the RMAH are idiots. They are basically working for blizz earning slave wages. My previous post was not very clear sorry.

Blizz knew what they were doing, they are greedy jerks, not idiots. Personally I would be embarrassed to say I worked on such an obvious sell out money grab game like this though.

The damage is done, Blizzard's reputation will never be the same.

Slaves? Anyone making money off this game does so voluntarily. Just because they have different personal preferences or ROI horizons does not mean they are idiots.
Edited by Chronos#1529 on 6/29/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Slaves? Anyone making money off this game does so voluntarily. Just because they have different personal preferences or ROI horizons does not mean they are idiots.

Slave wages, not slaves. They are happy because they are making money, but in reality they are making pennies an hour and Blizz absolutely destroyed this series to allow them to do so.

So yes, they are idiots. Honestly so is anyone who defend this money grab of a game. It's a new low in terms of greed from a AAA company.
Edited by doob#1197 on 6/29/2012 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 12:18 PMPosted by CrazyJeff
I'm a Business and Economics student, with an acute interest in psychology

thats crazy i think you should do something more productive instead of video games.
Reply Quote
With the current Blizzard corporate culture, the only way to make Diablo 3 last 10 years it to cryogenically freeze it and hope that the technology will exist in the future to bring it back from the dead.
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 01:06 PMPosted by funeralbot
i think a blue should forward this to the developers

Again, making a fun game was not the goal of D3. D3 is an experiment in how greedy they can be and still have sheep comply.
Reply Quote
Can't agree more. Great post and thank you for putting all that work!

To bad this game is centered around the RMAH so we won't see a lot of this.
Reply Quote
To bad this game is centered around the RMAH so we won't see a lot of this.

Why do people keep saying this? I know it's a cute little quip and I can understand how people might feel like this is a detriment on an emotional level, but if you step back and see it for what it is, you'd conclude that the RMAH is going to be the games saving grace. Even if Blizz decided to be as greedy and money grubbing as possible to maximize revenues from from the RMAH, then, the game in its current state is not going to do this.

Maximizing the revenue from microtransactions in the RMAH is intimately linked to extending the end game content. If the game stays in its current state, 12-18 months from now the servers will be a literal ghost town and the RMAH will be barely a trickle of income.

If anything, the RMAH is the catalyst that will compel Blizzard to fix the core issues in the game such that people will want to play this game for years on end and participate in the RMAH micro-transactions.
Edited by Chronos#1529 on 6/29/2012 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
#1-10 is why I'm very discouraged in playing the game. I've gone through it. 100k dps w/o sharpshooter demon hunter. Nothing is intriguing about the game anymore. Can play for hours and not be rewarded. It used to be fun grinding but now it isn't anymore. No more excitement in wondering what will drop from this elite pack I'm about to kill. It will drop B.S.
Reply Quote
Good post. Blizzard, you could learn something here.
Reply Quote
fantastic thread.

I have my two cents about another possible way to make enchanting work.

Blizz stated that enchanting detracted from gameplay because enchanting was something you HAD to do.

I like the idea of a recipe system for enchanting, but make the recipes one time use only... and make them rare, sort of like crafting recipes are these days. You can collect multiples of the same one, and teach them to the enchanter where they'll stack until you want to use them.

It's still something that you pretty much HAVE to do, but the rarity of the recipes makes them desirable, and gives us something to hunt for, where we know exactly what we're getting.
Edited by CzykCzykBoom#1641 on 6/29/2012 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]