Diablo® III

Issues Kiting in Inferno, with +12% MS+Frost

How are you supposed to kite in Inferno when elites nearly instantly catch right up to you, when you've already got +12% movement speed, already use Blizzard, and run Teleport just in case--even when elites DON'T have the Fast affix?

You can't go beyond 12% movement speed without spending untold millions of gold--millions of gold I can't farm without more movement speed.

I've done about a half-dozen 5-stack Butcher runs since 1.0.3, and every drop is complete garbage. I'm trying to find some way to enjoy the game, but the new repair costs are especially frustrating.

(I'm using the standard Venom Hydra/Blizzard/Arcane Orb/Energy Armor/Magic Weapon/Teleport build, with about 23k dps.)
Edited by Kierphe#1994 on 6/22/2012 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I bought a unity ring with a little int and vit for 750k to bring to 19% ms and between that and lyndons cold bow even a lot of fast elites don't touch me unless their base is already fast.
Reply Quote
I was in Act 2 with my Wizard before 1.0.3, but found with the dps nerf, I was better off in Act 1. Having trouble outrunning elites (esp. Deranged Cultists) that effortlessly catch up even when chilled/frozen repeatedly. Incredibly frustrating.

I keep checking the AH for cheap +MS gear, but it's hard to search for--armor searches are cluttered by boots, and I believe it won't let you search for +MS on non-boots, because it's not a regular property.
Reply Quote
Hammer Jammers were my first MS item I only payed 50k..
found a pair with 2 sockets and vit... they're horribly stat'd for dps but got me up to 18%

I then bought a socketed Unity with another 6% that one cost me 1.5mil.

I run 12% for the most part, unless they're super fast, then I'll quickswap into my Jam-unity gear and zoom kit em til death.

Your 1/2 dozen 5 stack butcher runs is only about 1/10th of the runs I've done...
You can't just assume you'll get rich in 6 runs.
Reply Quote
Hammer Jammers were my first MS item I only payed 50k..
found a pair with 2 sockets and vit... they're horribly stat'd for dps but got me up to 18%

I then bought a socketed Unity with another 6% that one cost me 1.5mil.

I run 12% for the most part, unless they're super fast, then I'll quickswap into my Jam-unity gear and zoom kit em til death.

Your 1/2 dozen 5 stack butcher runs is only about 1/10th of the runs I've done...
You can't just assume you'll get rich in 6 runs.

I suppose I'll keep looking for +MS on the AH. But, I didn't say I'd only done five butcher runs, period. Just since the patch came out.
Reply Quote
Hammer Jammers are nice.

I sold my pair last night because I found a pair of Inna's Glory with 2 sockets and 145 Vit. 6% (working) Attack Speed Increase and 6% movement speed.

I had also been using Lacuni Prowlers, but wanted to add more Crit Chance over the IAS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]