Reply Quote
A slug who farts?
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Angelx
Rated M for Money.

QFT
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Durgha
Could possibly make a T without the nude succubi running around and flaunting their assets, but I still doubt it. This game is a lot more gory than almost everyone thinks.

Blood, gore, and violence typically earn a T rating from the ESRB. This largely describes D3.

Alcohol use, suggestive themes, language, and partial nudity typically qualify for M rating. Cydea likely earns the rating all by herself. However she's not particularly integral to the plot, so it feels strange that Blizzard would choose to include her.

Unless they thought the M rating would help sales.

Er... can you give examples of really gory games that make a T rating?
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Skyblade
Rating summary: This is an action role-playing game in which players assume control of a mortal hero (e.g., witch doctor, barbarian, wizard) who must defend humanity from a demonic invasion. From a 3/4–overhead perspective, players traverse dungeons and use swords, axes, and magic attacks to kill a variety of human-like enemies (e.g., zombies, demons, succubi). Battles are accompanied by slashing and flesh-impact sounds, screams of pain, and frequent blood-splatter effects; creatures often explode into bloody fragments as multiple enemies are dispatched at once. Some levels depict burning corpses and dead villagers amid large pools of blood.

Is there some swtich or setting that I overlooked... cause none of that stuff really exists in my games..
Reply Quote
Clearly it doesn't do anything as a lot of kids still buy the game as evident by the forum
Reply Quote
Magda, Cydaea and Arachnid Queen was too erotic..

theres diablo anime erotic pictures of them too.
Reply Quote
Magda, Cydaea and Arachnid Queen was too erotic..

theres diablo anime erotic pictures of them too.

Seems like a huge copout on their part. Besides, have you seen the wow succubus? That is definitely way more suggestive and that game is T.
Reply Quote
M rating for Man this game suks.
Reply Quote
Better question is:

Why are there kids playing and kids complaining on the forums if it's rated "M".

Why does blizzard cater to them when it is supposedly slotted for adults.

And yes I know that parent's can buy it for their kids which is just plan bad parenting (in my opinion) and if they do you'd think the kid would be mature at least.
Reply Quote
Better question is:

Why are there kids playing and kids complaining on the forums if it's rated "M".

Why does blizzard cater to them when it is supposedly slotted for adults.

And yes I know that parent's can buy it for their kids which is just plan bad parenting (in my opinion) and if they do you'd think the kid would be mature at least.

When as a rating ever discouraged people from buying a game? In fact, if they made it E, probably less kids would buy it since they don't think they are being a badass for playing a M game.
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Tulki
Er... can you give examples of really gory games that make a T rating?

"Really gory" isn't a classification used by the ESRB.

The rating system is largely subjective, though. Excessive gore could very well be classified as M in some titles. I'm just saying it usually isn't. But at the same time, partial nudity can pass through in T rated titles like Symphony of the Night.

Cydea is the only thing in D3 that jumps out at me as justifying the rating. And if you mute her, then there's really no justification at all.
Reply Quote

When has a rating ever discouraged people from buying a game? In fact, if they made it E, probably less kids would buy it since they don't think they are being a badass for playing a M game.

O I'm not concerned about "discouraging" people from the game.

I'm all for more people to buy my items and undervalue their items when they sell.

It's the fact that it's suppose to be 17+ (I believe is the M rating now a days) and blizzard caters to the ones that are crying and acting like children on the forums.

(notice I used acting as some children are more mature and some adults are less mature.)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Darkspore was significantly bloodier and was rated T
Reply Quote
M for boobs as well
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Yezarul
It's the fact that it's suppose to be 17+ (I believe is the M rating now a days) and blizzard caters to the ones that are crying and acting like children on the forums.

Technically ESRB ratings are a suggestion. They have no legal authority on who can purchase / play anything. Parents can let their infants play this game if they wanted.

... which probably explains a lot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]