Diablo® III

Brand loyalty: swapping love for hate.

As much as Blizzard / Activision seem think otherwise, the health of a business directly depends on the customer experience. There is a relationship that forms between company and customer that mirrors relationships between individuals. The foundations of which are respect, trust and communication.

Sadly Blizzard's decision not to support the AUS/NZ community with localised servers has had a negative impact on the Diablo 3 gaming experience for their customers. Their subsequent poor communication surrounding this glaring issue has eroded respect and trust.

It would seem that the cost of supporting localised servers has not been balanced against the cost of damaging relationships with an entire region of gamers, many of whom have been loyal customers for over a decade.

I hope that Blizzard will pay attention to the following advice:

Invest in the long-term health of your company by putting improved Customer Experience in place, starting today.
Edited by Slisk#6608 on 6/22/2012 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard do not need to be told how to grow a successful business by some dweeb on an internetz forum.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
See the problem is the same complaint happened when WoW came out, and when Starcraft 2 came out and now when Diablo 3 is out.

and people still play WoW and SC2 ALLOT in Aus.

It's always the same, its just this time we have our own forum so it looks like its worse cause the threads are not being lost in General.

I support an ANZ server, would love one! But I just think Blizz as a company has already explored this option and while not giving up on supporting ANZ have given up on the option of a server here.

Here's hoping they find some other fix though.
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Yxalitis
Blizzard do not need to be told how to grow a successful business by some dweeb on an internetz forum.

I'm not disputing the fact that they are already successful.

I'm stating that they are providing AUS/NZ with a bad customer experience. And the corollary of this is the damaging of their relationship with said gamers wich can only hurt their future business here.

I'm amazed you didn't understand the point of the post. Here... have a cookie and sit in the corner like a good boy.
Reply Quote
See the problem is the same complaint happened when WoW came out, and when Starcraft 2 came out and now when Diablo 3 is out.

and people still play WoW and SC2 ALLOT in Aus.

It's always the same, its just this time we have our own forum so it looks like its worse cause the threads are not being lost in General.

I support an ANZ server, would love one! But I just think Blizz as a company has already explored this option and while not giving up on supporting ANZ have given up on the option of a server here.

Here's hoping they find some other fix though.

I believe that they have decided to continue wihtout local servers preciely because they've "gotten away with it" for WoW and SC2. But WoW and SC2 are no where near as ping dependant as the fast paced action game that Diablo 3 is. Also online gaming has had exponential growth in the last decade. Expectations on quality from AAA titles can only increase.
Reply Quote
I'm amazed you didn't understand the point of the post. Here... have a cookie and sit in the corner like a good boy.

Cookie...COOKIE...
WTF is a COOKIE>>
WE call them things BISCUITS here!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
06/21/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Yxalitis

Cookie...COOKIE...
WTF is a COOKIE>>
WE call them things BISCUITS here!

We have cookies too! come on who calls it a 'chocolate chip biscuit'?

=P
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Narull
We have cookies too! come on who calls it a 'chocolate chip biscuit'?

I do
everyone I know does

I will admit the ice cream flavour we choose is Cookies 'n' Cream
But alliteration is always allowable
Reply Quote

It is self evident that apparently they do!
Reply Quote

Haha exactly.

Yxalitis from GPG forums i presume! :)
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Crowbar

It is self evident that apparently they do!

Ha! thank you for that post. I think that like many leaders in the industry taking their eye off the ball (gamplay experience) Blizzard will find that their massive share of the market is going to be eroded.

The only real innovation in D3 is the always online DRM and RMAH equating to a pathetic money grab. Other than that it's a nice polished AAA title, pity we can't enjoy it here in AUS/NZ because of Blizzards decision not to support our region.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]