Diablo® III

[Exploit] Captain Haile's Supply Chest

There are 5-10, if not dozens of characters currently exploiting this repeatable gold farming spot that is relatively safe from harm (watch for repair costs from interacting with the object). In both Acts 3 and 4, right next to Vidar the Collector, there is a chest named Captain Haile's Supply Chest. Follow these easy steps to get at LEAST 1000g/hour:

1) Start a game in Act 3 or 4 (WATCH FOR THE QUEST WHERE MOBS START IN TOWN)
2) Walk to Vidar the Collector
3) Click on Captain Haile's Supply Chest (beware of repair costs from clicking something)
4) Collect 1-100 gold
5) Leave Game
6) Repeat

This is a major exploit that needs to be addressed. The most obvious (and easiest) solution is to make it so no items that you click on can drop gold. This will stop all those pesky botters and farmers from ruining the AH. Thanks for reading!
Reply Quote
You are like 10 threads out of date.
Reply Quote
I can farm 100,000G per hour just running through act II on Hell, that's without gold gear. i wouldn't call farming "at least 1,000g/hour" an exploit.
Reply Quote
Hey I got 300 gold from it once, so I went out and bought me an il63 item (because most every il63 items are crud)
Reply Quote
well,l another nerf this thread, as if the game doesnt already have enough farm spots nerfed.
Reply Quote
06/30/2012 07:22 PMPosted by tommos
Tried opening the box over and over. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit.

We have a winner.
Reply Quote
blizzard hears you and will now remove all gold drops from everything outside of elites with these specific affixes" Invul minions/arcane/jailor/extra health

your welcome
Reply Quote
06/30/2012 07:22 PMPosted by tommos
Tried opening the box over and over. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit.

Win.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Righteous post. I'm tired of farming Act 1 cellars... think I'll this for now. At that gold per hour rate, I can afford the fletching on a single arrow my bow uses by next Thursday. Beeyah!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]