Diablo® III

Can't kill belial

Everytime I try killing belial I get stupid lag when I'm invisible he still kills me somehow and all his stupid monster, blizzard need to get servers here because at the moment ping is so stupid it's not even !@#$ing funny, %^-* you blizzard
Reply Quote
took me 50 deaths to get him the first time.. 3sec delay on movement made it hard to avoid the poison, but with practice and lots of deaths, i managed to pick out a place to stand. and miraculously i killed him..

keep trying. you'll get there.
Reply Quote
Try on hardcore. This is a pathetic joke the way we lose toons to lag and latency. I"m not on the poison so I shouldn't get hit... no wait... i'm in australia.... I"ll get hit regardless. Kiting classes are frustrating to the point of unplayable in this abortion of a game when we are expected to connect to servers 1000's of miles away.

Way to spit on the face of australian and New Zealand gamers blizzard.
Reply Quote
Took me about 10 attemps to get Belial down in Inferno on my Barbarian. (250 - 300ms lag on my Internode connection)

I thought i was failing on the poison untill i realised that he was enraging at 3minutes and yeah, at that point the pools explode before we see them on our screens (before he enrages the pools appear early enough to avoid)

So i switched to dual wielding for the additional DPS and just burnt him down quicker...

Apparently its possible to survive his enrage, but you'd have to have a decent ping to do that... for us in australia enrage = death at the moment becuase the pools deal damage before we see them on the screen...
Reply Quote
Although I'm haven't done Belial on Inferno yet, on all other difficulties I have had no issues. My ping appears to be between 200-300, full green bars. Melbourne metro on TPG.

I have rarely had any issues at all other than once in a while (like once a week) I get a few seconds when it goes 1000+ but returns quickly, assume this is server side as my connection seems to be consistently fine (thanks TPG).

I guess this would be enough for a quick death though! So I feel for HC players in these instances.

Non HC players who have regular lag I would perhaps be blaming your ISP instead, as it just doesn't happen to all of us..
Reply Quote
I must be the only one who doesn't have issues with the poison pools, I swear I have never died to them.

Other things yes but moving away from them is so simple to me, truly shows different things effect different people.
Reply Quote
I must be the only one who doesn't have issues with the poison pools, I swear I have never died to them.

Other things yes but moving away from them is so simple to me, truly shows different things effect different people.

The "normal" poison pools are ok... in inferno i can do the entire belial fight at 100% HP (due to LoH)
But if he enrages, even with my decent 250-300ms ping, I die ... then a pool appears below me.

So yes, you are right... avoiding the pools is easy... but if you dont have the DPS to kill him before the 3min enrage, its really not worth trying.

Lucky for me, when i dual wield axes on my barb, i can do phase 3 in about 2m50s but with an axe + shield its more like 3m10s (if i could last the extra 10 seconds that is)
Reply Quote
Eh I was talking Inferno too, I just never have a problem with the pools, but I've never hit the enrage either so yeah.

As I said different things hit different people, his slams can screw me cause I don't have a quick move ability in my build, so if I'm not quick enough I'm screwed.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I do mostly get reported things where they should be - 190ms ping. Horrible rubber banding in collision situations though, and desecration burns for ages after I've moved.

Obviously I still get less time to react than an american. Since blizzard chose to rob me of 15% attack speed, I am now 300 dex and 7% attack speed away from beating it though.
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Narull
Eh I was talking Inferno too, I just never have a problem with the pools, but I've never hit the enrage either so yeah.

Yep.. i know.. by "normal" i ment before the enrage

In inferno before he enrages, there is plently of room and plently of time to avoid the pools, heck you can even stand in them for a second... then move to another one before the first one explodes

once he enrages tho more pools appear, more frequently and they explode quicker and because we can't see them in time, they kill us.

It be interesting to see if how you went if you dpsed him to say 25% and then waited for him to enrage and see if you could survive it... i think the enrage is something like 10 seconds of double the amount of pools. Tho doing it would probably cost about 10k in repairs, so probably not worth testing
Edited by Thorlek#1162 on 6/25/2012 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Thorlek

In inferno before he enrages, there is plently of room and plently of time to avoid the pools, heck you can even stand in them for a second... then move to another one before the first one explodes

once he enrages tho more pools appear, more frequently and they explode quicker and because we can't see them in time, they kill us.

It be interesting to see if how you went if you dpsed him to say 25% and then waited for him to enrage and see if you could survive it... i think the enrage is something like 10 seconds of double the amount of pools. Tho doing it would probably cost about 10k in repairs, so probably not worth testing

I'm really tempted to try it just to see the enrage, prob something I'll do sometime when bored.

its 3min total for his enrage right? or is it based off phases?
Reply Quote
Try on hardcore. This is a pathetic joke the way we lose toons to lag and latency. I"m not on the poison so I shouldn't get hit... no wait... i'm in australia.... I"ll get hit regardless. Kiting classes are frustrating to the point of unplayable in this abortion of a game when we are expected to connect to servers 1000's of miles away.

Way to spit on the face of australian and New Zealand gamers blizzard.

i feel sorry for the way you think...i really do..!

edit - i see your still yet to get over it..!
Edited by AnonymousOne#6219 on 6/25/2012 11:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
06/25/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Narull

I'm really tempted to try it just to see the enrage, prob something I'll do sometime when bored.

its 3min total for his enrage right? or is it based off phases?

Its 3 minutes, then he enrages. If you survive the first enraged pools, which I did by good dodging, serenity and seven strikes, then he puts his arms straight back down again and does it again, at which point you will die, because your cooldowns will be burned.
Reply Quote
i'M DESINSTALLING EVERYTHING. I HATE THOSE STUPID GAMES WHERE THE ISSUE IS IMPOSSIBLE.

!@#$ YOU BLIZZARD %^-* YOU !@#$ YOU
Reply Quote
*uninstalling
Reply Quote
THERE IS NO WAY I'M GONNA TRY 50 TIMES TO PASS A LEVEL. I'M UP TO A CHALLENGE BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS

IF THE F___ GAME IS SO IMPOSSIBLE, THE SCREW THEM
Reply Quote
I play usually with a 450 ping on wireless as thats the best i can hope to get where i live in Australia for probably the next 20+ years unless i move house.

edit: my bad was talking about inferno also but as i said at the end of this post if you cant beat him no matter how hard you try add me as a friend and i would be happy to join your game and 1 hit kill him for you so you may continue to enjoy act 3 :)

I'm at the end game now and with nothing to do so if you would like help add me and ask :)
I find farming gear is a bore now and without pvp i spend most of my time on d3 helping others as its far more satisfying than farming "insert random quest here"
Edited by LAW#6126 on 12/8/2012 6:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]